TRIANGLE sprinters assemble!

gabe.paul.logan

Retired Footballer
7 January 2007
Budapest
Hungary
Just want to know how many of us are out there who just cant transition and which game made you the perfect human being that you are when it comes to sprinting in footy games!

Me: This Is Football

And that game has a banging intro so i pass automatically

For me I believe it was Fifa 98, first time I played a footie game on the PS1.

I was so used to triangle for sprinting that when I first got a copy of iss pro 98 (the one that had Valderrama on the cover), the first thing I did was change controls so I can sprint with triangle and shoot with circle.

Then I got a copy of Winning Eleven 4 and did the same with the controls.. haven't owned a fifa game ever since and I was a Konami fanboy until EFootball showed up, and I have always played with this old fifa control configuration.

It has bitten me in the arse a few times but there is no way I can change my control input to default, I've tried many many times but it's impossible at this point.

Old dog stuff

For me I believe it was Fifa 98, first time I played a footie game on the PS1.

I was so used to triangle for sprinting that when I first got a copy of iss pro 98 (the one that had Valderrama on the cover), the first thing I did was change controls so I can sprint with triangle and shoot with circle.

Then I got a copy of Winning Eleven 4 and did the same with the controls.. haven't owned a fifa game ever since and I was a Konami fanboy until EFootball showed up, and I have always played with this old fifa control configuration.

It has bitten me in the arse a few times but there is no way I can change my control input to default, I've tried many many times but it's impossible at this point.

Old dog stuff
At least tell me, that you don't keep it pressed, but you hit it rapidly, like it was working im FIFA 98...

I guess it's what you're used to, but I just can't get my head around it. 😄

It's not quite as mad as player switching with one of the face buttons. Playing old FIFAs - which are usually fast and frantic as fuck - and you're bashing X switching players to win the ball, win it, and immediately give it away by passing it. You need the reactions of a fighter pilot.

Thank you, Konami, for popularising the shoulder buttons.

I guess it's what you're used to, but I just can't get my head around it. 😄

It's not quite as mad as player switching with one of the face buttons. Playing old FIFAs - which are usually fast and frantic as fuck - and you're bashing X switching players to win the ball, win it, and immediately give it away by passing it. You need the reactions of a fighter pilot.

Thank you, Konami, for popularising the shoulder buttons.

Just imagine we have to release sprint in order to shoot and pass.
We are basically playing on harder difficulty than manual players.

Just imagine we have to release sprint in order to shoot and pass.
We are basically playing on harder difficulty than manual players.

Exactly, it's like we play manual while everyone else plays on automatic transmission.

Lol I guess I did at first, but rapidly got used to holding for sprinting

This is taking a sadistic turn lads. Maybe we've unearthed a new kink: PES and M. 😄

There's also the witchcraft that is playing with a keyboard. I believe I'm looking at you, @slamsoze...

Back
Top Bottom