Top 5 Games of All Time

In no particular order
Kick off 2
Winning eleven 9
The last ninja
Shadow of the Colossus
ICO
The last 3 non sport games are the ones I finished - normally I get bored before the End

I would have to agree with @Isslander for my number one. Still hands down the best game I've ever played.

Only a PC player so I can't comment on console only games as I've never played them.

Witcher 3

PES (3 to 6 favourite one varies inc WE variations in that period)

System Shock 2 - absolutely loved that game

then two from way back on the Amiga

Cannon Fodder (played that game endlessly at the time)

Microprose Grand Prix (1 to 4)

also an honorary mention to Microprose Golf, probably be really basic to see it now but at the time it was brilliant.

Winning Eleven 7 International
God of War (PS4)
Goldeneye
Championship Manager (before it became Football Manager)
Arkham City

So, basically 10 years on and my list has not changed much

1. XCOM - UFO Enemy Unknown - ORIGINAL RELEASE
2. Civilization 2 - Best one but would include the whole series here including original Colonization.
3. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
4. Red Dead Redemption 2
5. Shenmue 1 & 2
6. Last of Us - Deserves to be on list although not a Top 5.

Sport Games:
1. Sensible World of Soccer
2. Championship Manager / Football Manager (CM 96/97 or 01/02 best of lot)
3. PES 1-6 - Then it got shit quick
4. Geoff Crammond Grand Prix Series (GP2 best of lot)
5. Virtua Tennis 2K2

Best game no one played:
It Came from the Desert

The only addition to my top 5 is Red Dead Redemption 2, and I have probably completed quite a lot of games since Covid Lockdown.
So probably shows that there really haven't been many great games in the last 10 years.

Don't know of 'best games', because I haven't played them all, but I do know of games that bring the best memories:

No particular order:

PES
Wizard's Lair
Tomb Raider (The Last Revelation, if I had to pick only 1)
Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars
Half-Life

Worthy contenders:
Emlyn Hughes Soccer
Sensible World of Soccer
Impossible Mission (Stay a while, stay forever!)
Boulderdash
NHL (don't know the year - was it 1996?)
Football Manager
Links LS

Started playing The Division again after my recent hardware upgrade and it definitely is in my top 5 all time list, such a great atmosphere/story/gameplay etc. everything was so well done, vies with Assassin's Creed: Odyssey for Ubisoft's greatest ever game.

1. The House of The Dead (Not the remake)
2. Virtua Cop 2
3. MDK2 (not the remaster)
4. Earthworm Jim (Not the remaster)
5. Resident Evil 4 (Not the remake)

Would be some of my favourites of all time.

Other favourite games would be:
Dead Space (Not the remake), Burnout Revenge, Need For Speed 2, Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 (PS2 Blackbox version), Resident Evil 2 (Not the remake), Resident Evil 1 (Both original PC port and the remake), Jazz Jackrabbit 2, Commandos Behind the Enemy lines.

Kinda hard to pick top 5, but I've noticed there are barely any new games on my personal top 5 list.

Interesting thread.
Its hard to pick just 5, even harder to rate them. Its also almost impossible to be impartial here, coz if we really wanted to be - we would have to mention games like Super Mario, or Tetris, or Minecraft - games that have impacted so many people and were popular beyond belief.

So instead - Im gonna go with my Top 5 - games that made the biggest impression on me.

1. Witcher 3 - the world, the depth, the story. The fact that its not simple good vs evil. The fact that choices quite often come down to picking lesser evil. The complexity of characters, dirty, dark world and great immersion.
2. Mass Effect Trilogy - by far most surprising entry, coz I played it only once and long after all were released. Got the trilogy in one boxset and thought it will just keep me busy for a few days I was supposed to be on my own, as family was going away. It was mindblowing ride. The fact that you can continue playing same, custom made character throughout all 3 parts, that the game remembers your choices and choices made in part one can affect things in part 3 was one of a kind experience. Cinematics and story were absolutely amazing. It was a tough contender for the first place.
3. Red Dead Redemption 2 - by far most detailed world ever created in a video game. Slow burning epic story of sacrifice and redemption. Full of unique characters. Some would say that the world and story created by Rockstar was so detailed, that it went a little bit too far.
Some are finding it too distracting and too slow to properly get into the story. Hence middle of the table score. Nonetheless - for me - absolute epicness.
4. Dayz - most controversial game on the list. One so full of bugs that they became features and actually added a lot of charm to the game. By far best game to be played with mates. We're still telling stories about our adventures.
Definetely the biggest amount of hours I ever sunk in any game.
5. Ghost of Tsushima - if Rdr2 had most detailed world ever created - GoT had the most beautiful one. Only game I have ever got close to 100% completion. Fighting mechanics were epic, duels were jaw-dropping beautiful, music was epic. Last place on the list as by the end it became a bit repetitive and it could use some fresh ideas to keep it interesting. Nonetheless - great game.

Interesting thread.
Its hard to pick just 5, even harder to rate them. Its also almost impossible to be impartial here, coz if we really wanted to be - we would have to mention games like Super Mario, or Tetris, or Minecraft - games that have impacted so many people and were popular beyond belief.

So instead - Im gonna go with my Top 5 - games that made the biggest impression on me.

4. Dayz - most controversial game on the list. One so full of bugs that they became features and actually added a lot of charm to the game. By far best game to be played with mates. We're still telling stories about our adventures.
Definetely the biggest amount of hours I ever sunk in any game.

I wouldn't say DayZ is a controversial choice, as it would certainly be in my Top 10.
There is no game I was playing more about 10 years ago, the original MOD was amazing and then Epoch came out and my god it exploded and was just an absolute incredible game - And was easily the absolute peak of the francise.

The stand alone is 'OK' but unfortunately never reached anywhere near the gameplay of the MODS.
I have not played it now for a couple of years, so maybe MODS have made it catch up with Epoch, as there is nothing worse than vanilla DayZ.

[..] as there is nothing worse than vanilla DayZ
Well, I was solely basing my ratings/experience on vanilla Dayz. Modded games should not even be taken into account here, coz after modding they can become completely different games, so its a bit unfair here.
I only played Dayz on consoles after waiting years for it to be ported. But the craic I had with my mates throughout these 100s of hours we put in is never to be forgotten.
By controversial I meant how rough/buggy/unfinished this game was/is. Us dying randomly, flying cars, flying bears, getting stuck in the doors and walls - but it was rarely frustrating, mostly hilarious. And we loved it.

During the last three decades I was playing hundreds of games that impacted me a lot, and because of that it's very hard to chose just few of them to be considered as "the greatest games of all time". Overall if I'll need to pick my top five that mechanically, graphically, and story wise impacted me the most, this should be my definitive list:

1) eFOOTBALL 20XX
2) DIABLO IMMORTAL
3) DUNGEON KEEPER (2013 mobile version)
4) BATTLEFIELD 2042
5) FALLOUT 76

Sorry folks, I was picking the wrong list with the top five games that impacted me the most in the shittiest way possible. :CONF:
Very sorry :LOL:, this should be the list:

1) ELDEN RING (2022)

2) THE WITCHER III WILD HUNT (2015)

3) SEKIRO SHADOWS DIE TWICE (2019)

4) GOD OF WAR (2018)

5) DOOM ETERNAL (2020)

Last edited:
My Top 5 games of all time, in no particular order.

1. PES 2017/19/21
2. Simcity 4
3. Seiken Densetsu 3
4. NBA 2k14
5. Nobunaga's Ambition (Sphere of Influence and Taishi)

:TU:

Last edited:
hard as hell
has to be games that have been different (and good)
maybe not now but then.
no order
Shen Mue (dreamcast)
NHL 95 (Megadrive)
GTA 3 (PS 2)
Kingdome Come deliverance (xbox one)
Metal Gear solid 1 (PS 1)

Red Dead 2 should be there to, will be for me in a few years

hard as hell
has to be games that have been different (and good)
maybe not now but then.
no order
Shen Mue (dreamcast)
NHL 95 (Megadrive)
GTA 3 (PS 2)
Kingdome Come deliverance (xbox one)
Metal Gear solid 1 (PS 1)

Red Dead 2 should be there to, will be for me in a few years
How was Kingdom Come Deliverance on Xbox One? Was the performance good? I reckon it was full of pop up textures?

Ok so I try to find my top 5 games. Not in cronichal order and most of it are very old.

• Tomb Raider 2 for the first PS
  • Metal Gear Solid (huh footprints... :JAY::D) for the same platform
  • ISS too for PS1
  • Mafia the original made 2002 (or so) for Pc
  • (and shame on me, I was one of these COD kiddies xD ) so COD 1&2 and MW2. For Pc

In MW2 i had hundrets of hours in the MP part. And COD MW2 maybe not one of the best but most time spent on it so in MP.
Edit: and with my first attemps in some online mp games with my proud 1M/bits DSL. :LOL:

1. RDR 2
2. RDR
3. The Witcher 3 wild hunt
4. Half Life
5. Champ/Footy Manager (not the newer ones)

Some classics already mentioned from my older gaming days and yes I did play They Came from the Desert and the 2nd, loved those. "That's the guy"

FD

In no order:

Champ Manager 01/02
ISS Pro 98
Sensible World of Soccer
Destiny/Destiny 2
The Last of Us

(Appreciate there's a lot of nostalgia going on with those choices, I'm not saying ISS Pro 98 is better than the more recent games).

In no order:

Champ Manager 01/02
ISS Pro 98
Sensible World of Soccer
Destiny/Destiny 2
The Last of Us

(Appreciate there's a lot of nostalgia going on with those choices, I'm not saying ISS Pro 98 is better than the more recent games).

It is how you remember them.
For me I have never had such enjoyment playing a footy game as much SWOS, we used to have multiple multiplayer tournaments when I was a kid and it was easily the most fun I ever had playing a game - And it still holds up today due to it's simple pick up and play nature and how much fun the career mode is.
However older Championship Manager games are not so good, went back recently to CM 01/02 which is probably the one I played and enjoyed the most but it doesn't hold up too great these days.

Civilization 2 was my favourite Civilization and played it no end growing up, but it sucks now compared to Civ 4 and Civ 5.

Some games are best left to memory but it doesn't stop me thinking/remembering Civ 2 was the best and XCOM is the greatest game ever made.
I also put many countless hours into It Came From the Desert, but I am sure that isn't great now.

There's a team of people updating CM 01/02 to present day squads. It's still the best one imo, but then I did give up after the first one they made called Football Manager, they introduced too many new things and made it overly complicated. Maybe I should go back to the latest one?

Red Dead Redemption III
PES 5
SSX Tricky
Slay The Spire
Football Manager (but the latest versions are too complicated for me).
Snowrunner
Collin McCrae 2 (Love Dirt Rally 2 too, but the second one is still the best).

Back
Top Bottom