Things in real life reminding you of PES

Orhainmalz

League 2
16 March 2018
England
Arsenal F.C.
What things have you seen in real life and such that remind you of PES?

I saw a road called Linden Road in Westgate, Kent. Gary Lineker's fake name in PES 5 is 'Linden' XD

The proposed logo for Leeds United (even Aston Villa made fun of this, take a look: https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/01/24/leeds-united-on-sale-dates. Also, Zacatepec's logo, the new one, from AscensoMX (Mexico) seems to be taken straight from the game (check Tyhuanzo & Biraquachu, I think I have seen something even more similar before). Also, most japanese teams' logos could have been a KONAMI's creation (they are japanese after all!).

It's not PES (it's ISS/ISS Deluxe, but)... Within the acquaintances/friends I have, there's half of the starting XI Italy had back in the ISS days... I know a Premoli, a Zappa, a De Simone, a Mancini, a Graziano... Pagani was even at my wedding. :LMAO:

Back when fake names meant something...

The first real life thing reminding me of PES, is a greek song publiced back at 2007 summer by a Reggae, Ska and Latin music band named Locomondo. I'll not post it here since you are not from Greece to understand the lyrics and the chorus is bad influence for under18's. :P The fact is that the song came at PES 6 peak that year and is almost every year's summer hit since then. Obviously the song speaks about a guy doing something and playing "PRO" aka PES as we mostly call Pro Evolution Soccer in Greece.
The rest things that remind me of PES, are usually small facts like a ML wonder kid i use and see him make a great transfer or when he joins a team i support.In many cases they make a great career other times they "early-peak" and don't achieve something bigger than a good transfer.Some examples:
1) Rafael van der Vaart was one of my favorite player with W. Sneijder in PES 4 Ajax. In 2005 mid-season i moved him through edit transfers to HSV my favorite team in German, for our local tournaments with friends in my appartment, although making fictional transfers was forbidden in tournament between friends. In 2005 July he moved officialy to HSV. Nice coincidence. :)

2) Robinho PES 4 too, i think. He was in pes store and when i was unlocking pes-shop player used to move Robinho to Real M. and Tevez to Barcelona. August of 2005 Robinho signs for REAL M.. I missed TEvez caused he moved next summer but not for Barcelona but for West Ham.

3) Kompany and Vanden Borre (Borre in PES 4) were my first signings in my old PES ML campaigns. Was happy when i saw Kompany going to HSV . Vanden Borre played for Portsmouth,Genoa and Fiorentina but didn't achieve the big carrier he was promising. The fun fact is i was wondering in PES 4 i think or maybe 5 if KOMPANY is a real player or a pes-fake one! :P

4) G. Pazzini was my italian striker wonderkid back in PES 5 ML. 21 years old playing in Fiorentina, unknown to most people back then. Was so proud when he played for Inter Milan and AC Milan.

5)Other players like the previous from newer pes are, Gabriel B. (Gabigoal) (current: Santos FC)from pes15, Roger Beyker Martinez pes 15 (current: Villareal), Danilo Barbosa (current: Braga)(pes 16), Neto Moura (pes 16) SC Recife aka V. Serpa in current PES and M. Cassierra (pes 16) (current:Ajax)

SPECIAL: FC Utrecht! This was a team i learned and loved through PES 5. Before i used to know only AJAX,PSV and FEYENORD from Eredivisie. Every time i listen to Utrecht or i check news i remember their PES counter-part and the young deceased player Di Tommaso.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Di_Tommaso

http://www.pesmaster.com/di-tommaso/pes-5/player/3323/

I'll post in Retro-Corner the story of how i fall in love with FC Utrecht through PES.

Some players I've hated in real life because of PES :LOL:
A player for Portsmouth (can't remember his name) got away with a couple of fouls against me in one game and I hated him after that.
There are those I liked because of PES too. Kompany and Iniesta were youngsters in one of my teams so I was proud to see them do well in real life :LOL:

I don't remember which Pes i was playing but i had a ML with Chelsea and i was trying to make transfers that would be realistic and could happen in real life so i signed A.Cole for left back and gave him the number 3 and Shevchenko for up front and gave him the number 7.And later in the summer Chelsea signed them both in real life and gave them the numbers 3 and 7!

I remember Chelsea signing Drogba in PES3. It was after it had happened in real life though.

I did a ML with West Ham one time and signed Nigel Quashie (who ended up having shooting power of 99!). One day at the same time I was doing the ML they were on sky and as the team line up came up on screen I thought, oh Quashie must be injured before realising that of course he hadn't really signed for West Ham! :NO:

The first season of ML in PES 2018 was Fulham and I won promotion there, Fulham have achieved the same feat now.

Bwf-On8IUAAnTmD.jpg

Kind of related, I guess, last summer when Monaco were selling some players, I saw Boufal at Southampton and thought, 'Wow, Monaco sold Boufal as well.'
Boufal was never at Monaco though, I bought him when I managed Monaco in ML a year ago.

My PES Shirt would have Burchet on it. Hardly a legendary player, to be perfectly honest, but that speed though.

I've come to "support" some foreign teams thanks to PES, especially through Become a Legend. Those are Athletic Bilbao & Fulham, I had played for both teams for more than 2 in-game years in past PES (2009 & 2013), if I'm not wrong.

I have to credit and thank PES for aiding my general football knowlage when i was growing up. Hours as a kid spent up late at night scrolling through edit mode looking at players faces, stats, nationalities and ages. This was before i had internet and Match Magazine didn't cover as much European football back then. I became fascinated with teams from other European Leagues and started to appreciate the smaller clubs aswell who had their own star players.

Nowadays as i'm older it's hard to keep up with this new generation of players due to having little free time but youger fans now are spoiled when it comes to the authenticity of current PES. The amount of European players and lesser known teams that have official faces is incredible. compared to the 200 odd player faces we used to have on PES 5.

I’ve been hearin' symphonies
Before, all I heard was silence
A rhapsody for you and me
And every melody is timeless
Life was stringin' me along
Then you came and you cut me loose
Was solo, singin' on my own
Now I can’t find the key without you

I’ve been hearin' symphonies
Before, all I heard was silence
A rhapsody for you and me
And every melody is timeless
Life was stringin' me along
Then you came and you cut me loose
Was solo, singin' on my own
Now I can’t find the key without you
First thing i think of everytime i hear this song is this game.

I've spent quite some time in EDIT mode, so this song keeps popping up along with Bruno Mars 24K in the aaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiir
I did a short DJ set (opening for a friend) a couple of weekends ago, and... Could I avoid playing I need your love by Calvin Harris (PES 2015)? Of course not.

Indeed I also played a couple of other songs by him (I like him a lot) like One kiss and How deep is your love but I need your love had something very special to it.
The same feeling hit me when my friend, during the main event, eventually played Carnaval de Paris by Dario G (PES 2014).

Back
Top Bottom