The solution for the frame drops playing PES 5/6 in modern systems (Windows).

HectorPStation

Conference
10 July 2023
All of you suffer about frame drops, lag, latency response during your PES 5/PES 6 experience for PC, living a not so perfect game time with your favourite game. Sometimes these issues are due a wrong resolution in the kload and textures levels that are not supported by some devices, etc. However, if you have all of these settings in the right point, and you are still suffering during your gaming experience, this is for you:

Away from things like Directx, overrider and others possibilities, PES 5 and PES 6 suffer a lot in new systems because they are not recognized as games, but as normal executables/programs/softwares. That means, windows doesn't open these games with the rules exception and right optimization. Also, programs as Antivirus that make exceptions with games to avoid conflicts, take these games as programs instead games, so there are not exceptions neither in this case, and then, it can be some conflict between the processes and resources.

So with this panorama, you must optimizate your system manually. Apart from the obvious, such as canceling non-essential background processes, freeing up memory if necessary, and general maintenance with the software that your CPU brand comes pre-installed, you need to open the game, and then, go to the desktop, open the task manager, and set the executable process (pes5.exe) to a high priority. Also, in establishing affinity, run it with a specific processor core. In my case, I do have a core i5 with 4 cores and 8 logical processors. I set my pes 5 world patch full hd and full textures with the cpu 0 and cpu 1 in affinity + high priority, and bingo. NO MORE FRAME DROPS. And A VERY FLUENT GAME.

The annoying side is that you need to set high priority and affinity everytime you open the game. However, you can use a third program to create such rules to an .exe, like this one shared by @marqisspes6
You need go to properties and check "Run as administrator". After it, you will be able to create your own rule for your game as affinity and priority. Program need to be opened to work (Can be even minimized/hidden).

Try with it and tell me if your game is running in its right way. I do have 3 days testing it and FRAME DROPS DISAPPEARED for me.

Back
Top Bottom