The sliding tackle on no one.

just1moreperson

League 1
19 May 2007
Ok so im bored and thought id do a piece on here. Nothing major just a little nagging niggle that has annoyed me slightly for a few years. So imagine your playing Pro Evo and you are closing the opposition down for the ball. They work the ball to the wingback (doesnt hafto be the wingback but for this example, it is), he gets the ball and you predict the wingback is going to play a ball down the line to the winger. So you slide tackle to try and block the pass through. But instead of that player doing a sliding block, the computer changes your player to someone further down the pitch who in turn just goes to the floor in a lame attempt to slide tackle absolutely no one. Does anyone notice this? granted most of the time it doesnt harm your defending but on odd occasions it changes to the player that is supposed to be marking the winger but instead he falls on his ass allowing the winger to run free down the line and whip a cross in. I seem to remember this happening in Pro Evo 6 too and its about time they stopped doing this foolish act.

Also while im here and enjoying a good rant. The passing in this game seems to be worse than Pro Evo 6. You hafto be very careful where you direct it as it seems to be very sensative and enjoys screwing you over by passing it to the guy marked by 3 players or by just cutting out the middle man and passing straight to the opposition. Another thing :D if one of your players is offside why does the comp insist on passing it to them at every opportunity?

Ok im done, your thoughts please. No insults aimed at me thank you.

It's worse when it happens in your own box. Was playing online yesterday, trying to jockey Henry (which is hard enough as it is in PS3 version of the game) and a computer-controlled defender of mine just slid in and sythed him down! Madness

Also while im here and enjoying a good rant. The passing in this game seems to be worse than Pro Evo 6. You hafto be very careful where you direct it as it seems to be very sensative and enjoys screwing you over by passing it to the guy marked by 3 players or by just cutting out the middle man and passing straight to the opposition.
My number one complaint from my PES2008 complaints video in my sig, if I remember rightly. Thank you for confirming I'm not the only one who notices it...

yes i thought i was the only one noticing my player always prefer to pass to the man who is in offside position. Even if you dont direct the pass to that offside player!!!!

but to comment on the first part about the sliding tackle. You should change the cursor to manual change. That way you dont have this problem anymore.

Last edited:
Ok so im bored and thought id do a piece on here. Nothing major just a little nagging niggle that has annoyed me slightly for a few years. So imagine your playing Pro Evo and you are closing the opposition down for the ball. They work the ball to the wingback (doesnt hafto be the wingback but for this example, it is), he gets the ball and you predict the wingback is going to play a ball down the line to the winger. So you slide tackle to try and block the pass through. But instead of that player doing a sliding block, the computer changes your player to someone further down the pitch who in turn just goes to the floor in a lame attempt to slide tackle absolutely no one. Does anyone notice this? granted most of the time it doesnt harm your defending but on odd occasions it changes to the player that is supposed to be marking the winger but instead he falls on his ass allowing the winger to run free down the line and whip a cross in. I seem to remember this happening in Pro Evo 6 too and its about time they stopped doing this foolish act.

Also while im here and enjoying a good rant. The passing in this game seems to be worse than Pro Evo 6. You hafto be very careful where you direct it as it seems to be very sensative and enjoys screwing you over by passing it to the guy marked by 3 players or by just cutting out the middle man and passing straight to the opposition. Another thing :D if one of your players is offside why does the comp insist on passing it to them at every opportunity?

Ok im done, your thoughts please. No insults aimed at me thank you.

Come on, you just have to set the control option to MANUAL.. so you can have FULL control of your players

Come on, you just have to set the control option to MANUAL.. so you can have FULL control of your players

Thank you for pointing out what MasterM said with a little bit more kindness further up in the thread than yourself. The way you say it i feel the urge to defend my Pro Evo skills, however its christmas and i cant be bothered.

Cheer up buddy.

well, not exactly. when you're on manual it still happens what che_don_john says: sometimes a defender of yours, with NO REASON AT ALL (and obviously not even being told to do so) runs and even slides into the opponent you're trying to stop with the man you're controlling, in most of the cases it resulting in a PENALTY.

so even at manual, this happens sometimes. but in the end you have a point: at least manual means NO sudden (and WRONG) switching to random players in the field.

Back
Top Bottom