The history of PES

justjer

Conference
21 March 2005
No this is not spam or something like that.
I made a timeline of the history of PES. Also i made a timeline of the Fifa series, so you can compare the two games.

Timeline of PES (http://www.timerime.com)

VS

Timeline of FIFA (http://www.timerime.com)

Back in the days the game looked horrible, but it's fun to see how the PES game has been evolved the last years.

If i forget any game in the PES serie, reply to this thread i will add a.s.a.p

Last edited:
Don' t you miss ISS pro evolution and ISS pro evolution 2, both for PS1? The two games before the name became PES.

FROM WIKIPEDIA:

International Superstar Soccer Pro (1997) MY FIRST ONE
International Superstar Soccer Pro '98 (1998)
International Superstar Soccer Pro Evolution (1999)
International Superstar Soccer Pro Evolution 2 (2000)

Con l'arrivo della nuova generazione di console, le serie cambiò nome divenendo Pro Evolution Soccer, vennero pubblicati:

Pro Evolution Soccer (2001)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2 (2002)
Pro Evolution Soccer 3 (2003)
Pro Evolution Soccer 4 (2004)
Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (2005)
Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (2006)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (2007)

Don' t you miss ISS pro evolution and ISS pro evolution 2, both for PS1? The two games before the name became PES.

FROM WIKIPEDIA:

Con l'arrivo della nuova generazione di console, le serie cambiò nome divenendo Pro Evolution Soccer, vennero pubblicati:

I updated the timeline. Thanks for your effort!

What Winning eleven and PES are not the first football games of Konami! First "PES" if you could say it was " Hyper Soccer 89 " otherwise my first "PES " is Internacional Super Star of Soccer Deluxe 95 for Sega Genesis , great game !!

Konami Hyper Soccer for the Nintendo Entertainment System was Konami's first soccer game on a Nintendo console, and the game that sewed the seed for the International Superstar Soccer and Winning Eleven series

Internacional Super Star of Soccer series for Nintendo(Nes, SNES and N64) and Sega was developed by Konami Osaka (KCEO) not Konami Tokio (KCET). Konami Tokio produced the WE and PES series in PS1, PS2, Xbox, Game Cube, etc.

The first game of the series by KCET was "Winning Eleven" in 1995 in Japan. In USA the game was released with the name "Goal Storm" in the same year.

FROM WIKIPEDIA:

those 2 were not part of the Winning eleven Series!
they were a diferent game made by Konami OSAKA(ISS for the Nintendo 64),

Winning elven Series began as GOAL STORM(if i can recall correct) and was made by Konami Tokyo, and the first version to be release in europe oficially was International Superstar Soccer PRO EVOLUTION (1999) that was the same as Winnign eleven 4(they put the PRO EVOLUTION name exactly to differ from the Konami Osaka's ISS)...after that came International Superstar Soccer Pro Evolution 2 (2000) that was the same as Winning eleven 2000 u-23...

Also after WE6FE the 2 konami's(osaka and tokyo) merged and started working together on the WE series(thats when they went downhill imo)

edit: just saw Molder post.. he is 100% accurate.

Last edited:
Guys, dont fight ;)

I added the new PES 2009 cover.
Maybe it's an idea to make a special PES 2009 timeline with the some Youtube goals of Evo-web.co.uk people? Any suggestions for a new timeline, or we can make a collebrate timeline?

Driver(posted in WENB forums) said:
games that ur missed(europian titles):
konami's soccer 1985, MSX (KCEJ)
exciting soccer - konami cup 1987,1988 FDS (KCEJ)
premier soccer 1993 arcade (KCEJ)
five a side soccer arcade 1995 (KCEJ)
goal storm(the first winning eleven in japan) 1995 PSX (KCET)
soccer superstars 1995 arcade (KCEJ)
versus nes soccer arcade 1996 (KCEJ)
ISS 64 n64 1996 (KCEO)
ISS 98 n64 1997 (KCEO)
ISS Pro Evolution PSX 1999/2000 (KCET)
and some others that im lazy to remember
and i think u need to separate KCET, KCEO and KCEJ games

I made an article "History of konami Soccer games" in pdf format a while ago. Klik link in sig.

In this article I tried to explain the difference between the 2 game series from Konami Tokyo and Osaka. One more arcade style and the other simulation style that we love so much. And also some explanation about the names of those games, its confusing for newcomers to understand which game is which?

The article also contains a table where you can see which Konami soccer games are released for your console in Europe (and the Japanese counterpart).

I made an article "History of konami Soccer games" in pdf format a while ago. Klik link in sig.
and you'r missed all games for arcade mashines(listed in my previous post) and Exciting soccer - Konami cup for fds (and Disney soccer for GBA, lol)
some soccers, for example early games (Konami's soccer, Exciting soccer, Premier soccer etc) has not been created by KCEO and KCET, some people calls developer simply KCEJ - Konami Computer Enterteinment Japan.

and you'r missed all games for arcade mashines(listed in my previous post) and Exciting soccer - Konami cup for fds (and Disney soccer for GBA, lol)
some soccers, for example early games (Konami's soccer, Exciting soccer, Premier soccer etc) has not been created by KCEO and KCET, some people calls developer simply KCEJ - Konami Computer Enterteinment Japan.
It was not my intention to also cover the arcade machine versions.
Didn't know about Exciting soccer and Disney soccer maybe I add them to the list.
And yes, in the beginning there was only one studio later they split.

those 2 were not part of the Winning eleven Series!
they were a diferent game made by Konami OSAKA(ISS for the Nintendo 64),

I think you are wrong. ISS PRO was WE 97.
From wiki:
International Superstar Soccer Pro (also known as Winning Eleven '97 in Japan and Goal Storm '97 in USA) is a football simulation game released in June, 1997 by Konami Computer Entertainment Tokyo, Inc. It was the first from the ISS series to hit the Playstation platform. The game features a 32 international teams, 4 different stadiums, 13 team formations along with 8 unique strategies and a choice of Exhibition Mode, International League, International Cup and a Penalty Kick mode. It can be played as a one or two player game. It gained very high reviews which consider ISS Pro as the most playable soccer video game on Playstation of that time.

And iss pro 98 was WE 3...i played myself WE3 in the summer of 1998 and it was focused on the world cup and ISS Pro 90 that came out later in the autumn was just WE3.
International Superstar Soccer Pro '98 or ISS Pro '98 is a football video game which is a continuation of International Superstar Soccer Pro. Originally released in May, 1998 by Konami Computer Entertainment Tokyo, Inc. Although it still lacked FIFPro licence it featured on its cover Italian player Fabrizio Ravanelli along with Andreas Koepke from Germany on German relase and Paul Ince on British. The Japanese release, Winning Eleven 3 has been re-released in 1999 as Winning Eleven 3 Final ver. with some slight improvements. The commentary for the game is provided by Tony Gubba.

Best version of the series, which is still in my heart is WINNING ELEVEN 6FE

There you could show your true skill!!

If i play now with people who just start playing for like a year, they can win from me.
With WE6FE nobody could ever win from me from my friends.

Its a shame it is going downhill with konami!

Whats all this about?

JUSTJER IS A LIER :ACHOO:

not that iv got your attention :D

Justjer you have just linked to an old video on youtube of the 10 year aniversary of pes and claimed you have made it.

You say you can edit this timeline which is a video, to include any pes titles you have FORGOTTEN, thereby claiming indirectly that you have not only created the 'timeline' but the video withen the timeline.

If any of you wish to bother, go into the timeline, and click on the video. Then when your brought to the video on youtube look at the upload date which is from 2006.

justjer will probably say he created the video years ago, in that case message 'wearepes' the youtube account it is uploaded too, and ask that guy (who i have already asked) his name and it wont be justjer thats for sure.

Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom