The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault On Dark Athena

Re: The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault On Dark Athena: Xbox 360, PS3 and PC

This will be a must buy for me. The Xbox version was brilliant - one of my favourite games. It also had longevity, something games really lack.

This was one of the best games I've ever played. Action, stealth and a solid story all in one. I remember playing the game for the secondth time and all those commentaries of the producers on it, explaining how everything wad made. That was class!

Got this from LoveFILM the other week.

I was enjoying playing through Butcher Bay and fully intended to play through till Assault on Dark Athena until I stumbled one MAJOR flaw time and time again that had me tearing my hair out.

THOSE FUCKING LOADING TIMES!

Jesus Christ, they vary from between 25 - 30 secs at a time, and they're every time you walk around a corner. God forbid you've just hit a loading screen then have to battle something and accidentally walk back onto the loading area. I mean who puts a loading screen in the middle of a walkway? It completely ruins the continuity of the game and any fun :RANT:

I can't believe they have such a shite system in the game. Look at the size of Fallout 3, yet that only has a minuscule amount of loading times in comparison to this.

Overall, great story and great potential for the game but ever so frustrating. I'm not overly impressed with the lack of ammo either. I get that it's supposed to build up the tension, but when you've killed 12 soldiers only to have about 9 bullets to show for it is a piss take IMO.

It's packed up and ready to go back in the post. This isn't fun, it's just a waiting game. I feel like I've been stuck in the 'Line Ride' at an amusement park.

The old one was so badass. It makes no sense. Such shitty movies, but such great games...

Back
Top Bottom