AFC Wimbledon Thread

user name 99

Death Ramp
25 May 2011
Buenos Aires
CA Independiente, Arsenal
I believe this club deserves a thread and a space amongst the forum, it's worth it. It may look like a small, lower-league team, but let me tell you it's far from that.

125px-AFC_Wimbledon.svg.png

First, let's start with some history. In 2002, the FA granted a moving permission from Wimbledon FC, who won the FA Cup in 1988 and have Vinnie Jones as one of their most emblematic players in their history, to Milton Keynes. The vast majority of the fans were deeply against this move, and consequently established the Association Football Club Wimbledon that same year, thus no longer representing the old Wimbledon. It is considered to be a "phoenix club", since in 2004 Wimbledon FC was refounded as Milton Keynes Dons.

Now, here comes the interesting part. Since their foundation they started in the ninth tier of English football, and have been promoted five times in only nine years of history (The only club to have achieved so is the now defunct Rushden and Diamonds), as they are now a fully professional club playing in the Football League Two. They hold the record for the longest unbeaten strike (No, it isn't Arsenal); 78 matches between February 2003 and December 2004. Other accolades include being the youngest club to ever reach the Football League and the fist one founded in the 21st Century to join it. They even played a Derby against the MK Dons in 2011 for the FA Cup, but they lost 2-1.

At the moment they managed not only to avoid relegation, but also this season are staying at the middle of the table. The last match they played was a 3-0 away win against Wycombe Wanderers. Hope to see them one day erach the Premier League in at least twenty years from now :)

I on;y know this team from betting same as MK Dons , didn't know about this story great to read it tho

there was a time that I was betting AFC Wimbledon to lose , and every time I bet they lost and I was wining bet :LOL:

this season I change and Im betting they win and they won every time I bet,all tho I didnt bet many times this season , they are my lucky team to bet and everytime me and my friends goes to do bet they think its funny that i bet always this team :)

now after I read this I really hope they'll do well and be on top of England football soon!

They do have the great team, I won the FA cup with them on FM, beating City & United :) They've got two beast in Callum McNaughton & Charlie Strutton.

Squads from those teams change a lot within a year. I still remember my FIFA 13 Career Mode starting XI, a 4-2-3-1 with Brown; Francomb-McNaughgon-Dale Bennett-Cummings; Sammy Moore-Long; Kiernan-Luke Moore-Jolley and Midson. Today, only Brown, Francomb, the Moores and Midson remain...

:LOL:

Why do people do this? I like to keep my team simple, don't want too many star players. ATM the only gold player I've got is Chamakh. I think I'm going for Midson and Matthew Oakley, hopefully I won't regret it.

I can't survive with a bronze squad online, I like to play fast football, they play very slowly. Besides, before my account was hacked my team lined with Cech; Zabaleta-Terry-Ferdinand-Evra; Carrick/Lampard; Valencia-Young (I managed to take the "good player" part inside him); Soldado (same with him); Negredo-Dzeko. Now it isn't the same...

Back
Top Bottom