Team Vision???

KingSly

Non-League
17 May 2002
Berlin GERMANY
Seabass was talking about it like it was the best he could tell about the improvements.
Anyone experienced something like Teamvision? I didn't. The AI doesn't do anything against my way of attacking. But I must say, I play very variable. From left, from right, from the middle, direct passing, high balls...
Maybe that's the reason.

So back to my question: Anyone find it harder after a few matches???

Bah I didnt note anything special on the tactics side, I just notice that sometimes the keeper are god specialy when you play against the CPU. Also yeah as some people were saying, corner are a joke, if the comp want to score a corner he'll do it and you can do nothing about it unless you're playing at 2 player. Even that sometiems he kicks both player to put them on another character even when you have manual select.

you have to play master league for teamvision ;)
What he says.

It is definitely there, my first match in the ML was a walkover on top-player, by half-time I was several goals up, but I noticed I started seeing less and less of the possession and it was very frustrating (not through cheating - believe me, I can see that a mile off - but because the players I was passing to were being marked more intelligently and paths I commonly used to get the ball up the pitch were being blocked).

The one thing I think PES2008 has got right, apart from the faces (and graphics don't really matter - at least, that has been the chant on Pro Evo websites for about 272 years), is TeamVision. The ML is much improved on-the-pitch now.

Just a shame that after one full Premier League season you watch three English teams get relegated and a Greek, Turkish and Scottish team (or another random combination) get promoted... Kind of... Spoils the realism... A bit.

What he says.

It is definitely there, my first match in the ML was a walkover on top-player, by half-time I was several goals up, but I noticed I started seeing less and less of the possession and it was very frustrating (not through cheating - believe me, I can see that a mile off - but because the players I was passing to were being marked more intelligently and paths I commonly used to get the ball up the pitch were being blocked).

The one thing I think PES2008 has got right, apart from the faces (and graphics don't really matter - at least, that has been the chant on Pro Evo websites for about 272 years), is TeamVision. The ML is much improved on-the-pitch now.

Just a shame that after one full Premier League season you watch three English teams get relegated and a Greek, Turkish and Scottish team (or another random combination) get promoted... Kind of... Spoils the realism... A bit.

Yeah that's really annoying! I wish Konami would just scrap division 2 and let us play Serie A, Premiership, Eredivise, La Liga, Ligue 1

If people want a division 2 then by all means give them the option, but having to gain promotion (for me at least) is just annoying and a pain. I cruised through my 1st season for the most part, but I still had to play like 38 games against the likes of Hammarby, Helsingborgs etc ffs

I'm all for making the Master League more realistic, but I think they should have left the division format alone. When they add ACTUAL division 2 leagues, then change it, I'm sick of all the Englsh teams getting relegated and a bunch of foreign teams coming up.

As I say, I actually find the AI in the ML great but I can't play the game purely because of what the last two posts have talked about (which people slate me for, "the gameplay is amazing, that's all that matters", and perhaps they're right, but that's not how I see it). The biggest reason why I've gone off PES and why I will be off it for a long time, is because the game is always the same off the pitch. ML would be great, if it had real currency instead of points, the ability to switch clubs and if the English league had an English second division rather than a European mish-mash. Call me an idiot, you wouldn't be the first, but it completely ruins the game for me knowing that this week I'm playing Birmingham, next week I'm playing AEK.

I would buy the game for online play, if it was more than random friendlies. The "other" football game (love it or hate it) has an online leagues feature, where you can set up a league with friends/enemies/Evo-Webbers. So every game affects your position in a REAL league, a REAL Premier League, instead of some 1,000,000 team "ranking" where the top 10,000 are Barcelona users who cut-back, lag-cheat and disconnect.

The AI in the ML genuinely shocked me this year, I think it's took a big step-up, and I wasn't expecting that (I thought Seabass had lost the plot but, I'm nothing if not honest - I was wrong). And honestly, there's times where I think, "damn, I feel like a game of Pro Evo". But I know that what they have done with PES2008 is not enough for me, personally. Give me a Master League that resembles REAL-LIFE. Give me an English second division (fake all the names, you don't have to buy licenses). Give me more to do online than play Barcelona and look where I place among a million people and ten thousand cheats. (And finally, although this one isn't an ultimatum because I know it will never happen, seeing as even the "other" football game has it too... Please, I beg you, remove the CPU cheating, please dear God Konami.) Only then will I buy PES again.

Hi Jack,

The thing is, It surely can't cost that much to pick up the rights Second division of a league can it? Certainly not as much as the top flight.

Even if they say focussed on Serie A & B which granted wouldn't appeal to everyone it would give many of us a really great ML environment.

db

Of course, I totally agree. Look at World Football Climax, that was a dog of a game, but developed in Japan for the Japanese people, and that had lower leagues for nearly every country included in it (England had the Prem down to League Two, that's four playable leagues from one country!).

My point is, there's no excuse at all, because they could include them at no cost to themselves. Although saying that, my point isn't valid because the team obviously don't have enough money for data researchers with the amount of data errors that's in there (with just one league per country), so if they were going to have more teams, they'd need to hire more data researchers, which Konami will never allow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom