Status
Not open for further replies.

captain1978

Non-League
8 June 2019
Hi all,

I am trying to swap/replace some teams' national anthems in Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 (PES 2013) for the PSP but not succeeding. Meaning, I want team X's anthem to play but the game is lacking that anthem. Team Y has an anthem. So I want to swap its anthem with an mp3 file of team X's anthem and then edit the team/players' in game.

The problem is the anthem does not play, and then the game gets stuck (neither proceeds nor crashes) after the camera pans over to the last player of the team whose anthem I swapped. I don't have an actual psp console so I am using PPSSPP Gold on my android phone and Adrenaline on my PS Vita both of which give the same result. I have tried different versions of the game too.

This is the process I have been following:

- I open the game's iso in UMDGen and extract the 0SOUND.cpk file which is where all the anthems are located.
- Then I use cpk unpacker tool to extract all the individual anthem files. They have no file extension whatsoever. It just says "File". I do have file extensions enabled on my machine. The only way I know what file type it is is by right-clicking the file and playing it in VLC (I can hear the file play fine btw) then going to Tools/Codec Information. And it says:
Codec: atrac 3+ (atrp)
Type: Audio
Channels: Stereo
Sample rate: 44100 Hz
Bits per sample: 32

- The files don't open in anything else. No other program that I have recognizes it. I've tried Goldwave (older and newer versions), Soundforge Pro 13.0 and Audacity.

- After struggling some, I managed to get my mp3 file of the anthem I want to show the exact same info in VLC as above. It plays fine and looks identical to the original files. I was also mindful of the file size to be the same or even a little smaller than that of the original. I wound up using tools like MMCS MultiTraConv converter. And although I don't need the anthem to loop (because it's just supposed to play once before the match starts) I looped it with the Goldwave at3 Looping tool but that didn't make any difference.

To swap the files I simply take the team's file (they are numbered 1 - 35), say 13 for Austria as an example and I name my file 13 and replace it. Then I use the cpk builder tool to rebuild the 0SOUND.cpk file and I drag it back to the ISO in UMDGen and re-save the iso file.

I am on Windows 8.1 and I managed to get the atrac3 codec working in an older version of Goldwave (5.1) but there's no need for it because the MMCS MultiTraConv converter converts my mp3 or wave files to the needed atrac3+ format. It tacks on a .SC file extension but in VLC it plays and displays the correct info exactly as I've shown above. So I remove he extension to get it to say just "file" as the original does. I even tried using just atrac3 without the "plus" but had the same result. I've tried just about anything I can think of with no luck. I had also heard something about headers? This is an area I am not overly familiar with and would need some guidance. I tried matching the hex values from the top of the file with those of the original but that didn't help. If anyone can help me out I'd be immensely appreciative. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom