Strenghten PES 2013 3D original ML team, both in strategy and cheap good players?

ssupii

Non-League
4 June 2024
Talking about the Nintendo 3DS port of PES 2013, which should be using a similar in mechanics if not equal to the PSP, PS2 release or PES6.

I've never been a very good player since I started playing PES many years ago, and I am trying to currently improve. CPU difficulty I play at is Regular, and Amateur is way too easy with the same team.

When I play Exibition mode against two balanced teams I tend to have a much more balanced results and actually mostly win on this difficulty. But instead with the ML original team I get rolled apart from some lucky scores from my end.

I am heavily struggling to defend myself in during matches at the moment in Master League, using the original ML team. I did make multiple transfers to strengthen in multiple save files, yet this is not enough and feel like there is something heavily wrong with how I play or maybe with my formation/strategy.

What is currently being used is 4-3-2-1, attacking from the middle.

"next gen" PES 2013 is way easier for me, damn :SHOCK:

Last edited:
Never played the 3DS port of PES, but in general playing ML with the default / original players is always a grind until you level up your team spirit. What I usually do (this is from PES 2017 onwards so may be slightly different) is identify the original players I want to keep and then sell as many as the others as possible. I'll also look at the youth team to see if there are any decent players in there in certain positions. I'll also look to sign free agents, as you can usually get away with a lower salary for these players.

I would say find a formation you like, stick with it, and treat the first season as a 'try to stay in the job' season. Once you get over that first season, the team spirit should be up more and you should be able to progress up the league table

Good luck!

Unfortunately this release of the game at the start of Master League spawns no young players and no free agents. Also, no AI teams release any players in the first entire season. At the end of the season, the game will then release some players from some teams as free agents and spawn around 4/5 young players which getting becomes incredibly competitive with teams that have gotten much better league results and so have better popularity score and money. But at least you got some free agents now.

This means that for the first season you are stuck with team transfers, trades and borrows and that become expensive extremely quickly. The base team also costs €7m in salaries, €3m given to just one B popularity 35 years old second striker called Allejo. You cannot sell this player too early, as it will absolutely destroy your team popularity putting you in deep E overall popularity (and in this game rating is extremely important). But you cannot sell it too late also, as after the first season it will 90% of the times declare retirement next year and almost no team wants to buy them then. There is also the fact that this player is three time stronger than any player in the team (except from maybe Castolis and Minandinho, that are instead barely two times weaker than Allejo), and so it's a major asset to making the team bearable. To make you truly understand, this player at 0 stamina left is better than almost all other players you start with at full stamina.

You start with a little over €8m, so most of this money goes to salaries and you are left at the end of the season with extremely low funds. You have to already stave off bankrupcy as soon as the first match of the first season arrives as you start with just one extremely low paying sponsor too.

I am right now thinking of what could be done if instead I do sell Allejo early, and replace him with many much cheaper players to make a more balanced team to strenghten the overall team instead of trying to build around him. As from what it appears the AI will really pay for this player (for some unknown reason it's always PSV that wants him). The very start you already are in E rating, and you get to D rating after winning 1 match. If I am E anyway for the first transfer window, it theory it shouldn't matter anyway. Or maybe I should instead aim for the half season window instead to make trades while being D rated and sell Allejo at the end of it.

I will try to be much more aggressive with transfers with the original players, as you suggested. Thank you!

But I do wanna ask about team spirit now. How does one make it better while doing such needed gigantic changes?

Ok, I am sorry I am sending another reply but the game if I attempt to heavily transfer it fully crumbles.

The game begins to think I have less than 16 players if I receive too many requests so cannot accept many. But I can trade request other teams to be able to accept more. But doing so apparently adds €660m to your bank out of the blue when you tap next turn???

Back
Top Bottom