Strange Brigade [PC/Stadia/PS4/Xbox]

Isslander

Gordon's alive!
3 August 2003
Iceland
Liverpool
I was going to make a thread about co-op games but after playing what has become one of my biggest "Wait this game is actually good" moments of this generation, I had to make a dedicated topic about Strange Brigade. Made by Rebellion, of Sniper Elite fame, those guys have the much appreciated (at least by me) tendency of making co-op games. A bit rough around the edges, Sniper Elite 4 was still a lot of fun to go through with a friend, and although we tried 3 as well, we fell of it as it was just a bit too rough.
After my friend and I had had enough of Ghost Recon Breakpoint Shenanigans, I suggested Strange Brigade as it was very cheap on PSN. He is a player who is really only in it to shoot dudes and doesn't care about story elements, but he agreed this game was cheap enough to take the leap.
Almost instantly I was very impressed by how well this game plays, and how good it looks. It really is miles ahead of even Sniper Elite 4 in both departments, even if I would not call that a bad looking game.

I threw in this trailer for the story, but for the gameplay you shoot hordes, activate traps to kill more enemies, gather souls, unleash the souls to kill multiple enemies, repeat. you can upgrade and buy new weapons, also there are gun chests around with overpowered weapons you use and then discard when out of ammo. then there are puzzles to unlock rooms with relics, along with very hard to find collectibles. This all sounds very simple but the joy comes from the co-op, this is some of the most fun I have had in such a game. It is mad hard too, we went through some of the tougher encounters multiple times before proceeding. I think we might go through it again, to collect and unlock more things.

The only way this game has done me dirty is that the moment it went off sale, the Deluxe edition, with all DLC included, went on sale for just a little more, and I can't buy it because I have the base version. I might still buy some of the DLC levels because I wouldn't mind throwing a few bucks in Rebellion's way for making this game, and I would probably buy a sequel right away, if they made one.

Back
Top Bottom