Stereophonics - are they back?

ClassicD

Galáctico
11 November 2001
Glasgow
Celtic
After hearing their latest single I wonder if this band are going back to how they began their career, with a kick-ass sound. Their first album, 'Word Gets Around' was rockin, and this new song, 'Dakota' is the closest I have heard to that sound since then.

Also stuck Word Gets Around onto the CD player, not listened to it in an age but it still stands up easily.

Yeah Dakota certainly sounds promising. It's certainly a lot better than the whiny shit they've been coming out with recently.

Dakota is a great track and I hope the rest of the album lives up to it

I didn't even realise they sacked their drummer last year...how long have I been out of the bloody country!!!!....Why exactly? Pray tell...

crayon said:
I didn't even realise they sacked their drummer last year...how long have I been out of the bloody country!!!!....Why exactly? Pray tell...

I believe his hair got too large and started demanding its own fee, they had to get rid of one to get rid of the other

I think the other story besides the hair beginning to do the warm up for them was the fact that Kelly thought he was a duff drummer!!!!!!! That he didnt really take the thing seriously enough.

Dakota has got me rocking along to it the odd times, then I catch myself on and remember what Mark and Lard taught me.

I just heard this song for the first time today. It came on Kerrang radio and I found myself bopping along and thinking, "Wow, this is a catchy tune." I then asked my girlfriend if she knew who it was (I can usually tell, but the lead singers voice is less distinguishable (sp?) in this track for some reason), and was hugely suprised when she replied with "The Phonics". I don't usually like them, but I love Dakota!

Their first and second albums were awesome, i like this track, but it just doesnt have that raw feeling of word gets around, not a bad tune though.

On first listen through, the new album isn't convincing IMO, Dakota is easily the best track. Now the new Doves album, that's a diff matter.

Back
Top Bottom