Stats-centric game ?

fmicablues7

Premier League
15 July 2013
After playing Football Manager a lot of year, I would like to play another football game. But i don't know which one to choose from.

The most important thing for me are the stats. I want the players to be reflected by the stats. If i'm playing Pirlo, i want him to play good passes, etc...

I don't care about graphics, i deal already with poor graphics on FM. So it doesnt have to be necessarily a new game.

Otherwise, i like the game to have realistic injuries, a good cpu, and if possible a lot of faces.

It could be PES or FIFA, I dont know, but i've heard that pes is more about stats than fifa.

Try FIFA Manager maybe if you want something similar to FM.
If you want a good football game try either PES 5/6 or FIFA 14, the newest editions of PES don't reflect the players' real skills very well

In PES, the new physics engine is far most realistic than the previous one (and also better than Fifa, but with less animations) but in counterpart attributes are more "subtle", because weight/height and news algorithms are now involved. Personnaly i'm sensitive to that, for exemple when you make a big run with Lennon, or a technical dribble with Zidane. Pass quality was always difficult to "detect", even in Fifa.

But in Fifa, rating system is crappy in my opinion, too much differencies from a lower to an higher league. A player can drop down from -5/10 in global just because he's get older or play one year in a not so high ranked league, technical attributes involved (not like in FM)

Take a look at Riquelme, Trezeguet, Del Piero, etc.
Past and glory doesn't coun't. If you want a stat centric game, older PES/WE, especially WE9 or PES5, more than PES6 and all versions from 2008 to 2013.

By the way i didn't know that Fifa Manager was manually playable like basic Fifa

Interesting things here. PES 5 seems to be the most suitable for me. I noticed the way fifa is rating is rubbish but it can always be modified in a patch maybe.

I was asking myself if the PES 5 CPU could always challenge you 10 years after his release .

I'm eager to hear more opinions on that subject. I think i'm going to try pes 5/6/2013/2014 and fifa 13/14 to compare.

Fifa 14 is more or less an advanced PES 5/6 in terms of diversity, with lot more leagues and faces and better graphics and animations

I don't think there is as much faces in FIFA 14 than PES 5/6 to be honest (If we count the downloadable faces)

I've tried PES 5/6 and FIFA 13 for the moment. One thing I noticed is that the shooting was far better in PES 5/6 than FIFA 13, there seems to be no power in the shots. I didn't give FIFA 14 a try yet. Is the shooting better on this edition ?

To come back to the subject, little review from someone having never played other football games than FM:

PES 6: -Very fun
-Good stats-wise
-a bit arcady
-too easy
-HD Stadiums ugly (awkward)

PES 5: -Great balance
-Difficult AI (6*)
-Good stats-wise
-Great injuries system
-lot of faces (Face collection)

PES 2013: -Difficult (Maybe because of a lot of script)
-Ai Can't have a long possession
-Always low shot from the CPU
-Master League bugged (didn't experience it myself, just read it)
-Lot of faces (great hd faces i think better than 2014)
-Ugly stadiums (the stadiums from old generation are better, a shame ! )
-Disappointement over the disappearance from the acceleration, shot technique, agression stats and the special abilities like PK taker, DF Line, etc...

PES 2014: -Very slow engine (although i have a very good computer)
-I don't like the faces, i don't know why
-I feel the player are too heavy
-Great graphics
-Seems more realistic but less fun
-Average game stats-wise

FIFA 13: -Great graphics, although less shiny than PES
-Not many faces (included downloadable faces)
-Great career system (although it would be great to not have a time limit)
-Stats system rubbish, although the stats are well represented on the pitch
-Boring Ai (playing always the same)
-Shooting system too weak

I'll try FIFA 14 now i think

I don't think there is as much faces in FIFA 14 than PES 5/6 to be honest (If we count the downloadable faces)

You need to try ModdingWay patch then. It blast PES-Edit and half other patches for PES out of the water with HOW high quality it is. It even has PROPER faces for POLISH EKSTRAKLASA :o.

And yeah, FIFA offers much more leagues to start with and almost all are updated in MW patches... They also introduce CL/EL/Euro/World Cup presentation, ESPN presentation for English league, etc.

I might sound like MW propaganda guy, but believe me I am not. I was awestruck by their work since FIFA 12 as it's the best FIFA mod/patch you can get. It's MASSIVE after unpacking though due to new files included (6.5GB almost after unpacking O_O).

Try it out. PES 2014 is not even an option imo ;). Unplayable piece of garbage :(.

there are some exclusive classic faces for X360 like Nedved, Zidane im not sure about the players tho, but the faces are already extracted and added in the moddingway patch

Do you know if the shooting was improved in Fifa 14 from Fifa 13 ? The shooting was weak in 2013's edition

Back
Top Bottom