slow when receiving a lob thorugh ball

Valmighty

Conference
16 September 2007
why do our player runs very slowly when receiving lob through ball (L1+/\)?

also, they tend to wait for the ball to bounce the ground 1st, they never control it first time.

i thought konami would fix this on PES 2011.

anyone feels annoyed by this?

Do you mean an AI controlled player about to receive or a player controlled by you? I guess you can control the player with SuperCancel and make him move the way you want.

Like Perfectio said use super cancel to make them move faster. If you want them to control the ball before the bounce get the player on the ball cursor (also with super cancel)

The control for lobbed passes changed since 2010. You now have to press R2/RT when you're about to release the ball.

I super cancel whenever the ball goes in the air - goal kicks, crosses, long balls, chipped passes etc.

You can touch the ball in different directions, take the ball in your stride and keep your pace, let the ball run instead of taking a touch, run onto the ball to power in headers - it really is very important and quite underused it seems.

I might upload some replays to show the above in effect, if anyone wants?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's an example of super cancel in action, two ML Default legends (Minanda and Ximelez) combining :);

YouTube - PES 2011 MLO - Minanda header

That change in direction and run toward that spot was manual and intentional, it's very subtle but very effective, can't recommend the use of super cancel enough!

Oh, and I love those types of headers, especially when the keeper is flat-footed like in that goal :D.

Nice one Rob. Still havent gotten the hang of super cancel when attacking. However, I defend with super cancel sometimes, depending on the situation. Not really to push the guy off, but to get in front of him and nip the ball away. It works great, but I gotta get the timing right or I'll end up looking like a fool lol.

Nice vid Rob. SuperCancel© is indeed a delight and a saviour. I've rarely conceded from a through-ball because of it.

Silly question and it shows I have been away from PES for a while, but on the XBOX360...how do I use Super Cancel. Cheers

perfectio/sincover: super cancel is slow, the are slowing down and looking the ball first then running. that's why our player tends to be outrun by the opposite player :(

Here's an example of super cancel in action, two ML Default legends (Minanda and Ximelez) combining :);

YouTube - PES 2011 MLO - Minanda header

That change in direction and run toward that spot was manual and intentional, it's very subtle but very effective, can't recommend the use of super cancel enough!

Oh, and I love those types of headers, especially when the keeper is flat-footed like in that goal :D.

sorry boss, but i don't see you using super cancel for receiving lob through pass (L1+/\) :)

Last edited:
sorry boss, but i don't see you using super cancel for receiving lob through pass (L1+/\) :)
What difference would that make?... Super cancel is the same, regardless of the ball played before you use it...

As soon as you have control of the player receiving the pass, hold R1 and R2 and run towards the path of the ball, simple really! It's not unresponsive for me.

What difference would that make?... Super cancel is the same, regardless of the ball played before you use it...

As soon as you have control of the player receiving the pass, hold R1 and R2 and run towards the path of the ball, simple really! It's not unresponsive for me.
different with the projectile. when you receive a O pass, your player is already there. when you receive L1+/\ pass, your player runs for the ball.

we don't even realize when players are slowing down when receiving O pass because there's no need for running in that position.

Back
Top Bottom