(Rumor) Insider Information: No next gen for PC at release, game gets downgraded depending on which platform you match against, and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazen2020

League 2
14 September 2019
SOURCE

1. WTF IS UP WITH THIS CROSS PLAY SH*T?

Well, the lords at Konami realise that match making is a real issue. They want to improve matchmaking for 2 reasons.

1. They want more matches to take place and keep more players in MyClub in order to generate more revenue from the mode
  2. They want players to have a better experience and not wait 10 minutes for a match.

They’re very worried that this would be even longer on next-gen. Having cross play enabled means we (the players) will be matched with an opponent much quicker.

1. I HAVE A PS5, WILL I BE PLAYING A MOBILE GAME?

Yes and no.

So... if you play offline you will get the full next-gen experience on Xbox Series X & PS5. The visuals and animations are incredible, however they’re not as good as our next generation reveal last year (I bet you’re shocked right??).

Don’t get me wrong though, they’re far superior to the fox engine and also the Frostbite engine visual EA have demonstrated for Fifa 22. When cross play is released, you will also get the next gen experience if you do online cross play from PS5 to Xbox X and vice verse.

There will also be “regular” graphical patches for next-gen to further utilise the power of the unreal engine, however I don’t believe these will be free. We’ve not been given any further info on how this rollout will occur.

1. SO WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I PLAY A MOBILE USER?

Well, for online matches you will have an option to play “cross-gen” or not. If you select no, you will be warned that matchmaking could take longer than normal. If you select yes, you will be matched with someone using either next-gen, current-gen or mobile but you will also be warned that the game play will be “scaled to match your opponents device”.

Scaling is a huge word here. What it essentially means is that your game will be scaled to match the max potential of the user with the “worst” device. If you match a mobile user, you will essentially be playing a mobile game.

Restricted visuals & animation cycles. This is apparently quite noticeable however I’ve not had the opportunity to do this yet so I can comment personally.

1. WILL THERE BE A MASTER LEAGUE?

Yes, however it won’t be called master league. It’s getting re-branded and I’ll be honest, it’s not getting a lot of “resource” so don’t expect anything amazing if you’re a fan of the mode. Also, it’ll more than likely be January/February when it launches (no price clarification yet)

1. WILL THERE BE “BAL”?

I’m not sure, we’ve heard literally nothing in our department about it. It doesn’t mean it’s not there but as we’ve got a list of modes it’s worrying that it’s not on that list.

1. EDIT MODE????

Yea there is an edit mode, it’s virtually identical to the current one. No there is no stadium creator and as far as we’ve been told, there are no plans to implement one.

My final message is to just stick it out until our next reveal. From what I’ve been told, the backlash online has been noted and the next “drop” will clear a lot of things up.

Would be helpful to have given the source:
If it's legit, it's quite interesting. And the comments/replies are too.

to me makes sense if it's true. master league will get more love this way instead of developing stuff along whole game every year. like I said in my post on the other thread, they are not stupid to let ps5 and whole next gen thing aside and not make money from it. I hope they will explain this officially and give us what they promised...

If true, it very clearly says the exact opposite:
"I'll be honest, it’s not getting a lot of “resource” so don’t expect anything amazing if you’re a fan of the mode"
Yeah the logic behind "u PaY 4 iT sO iTs BeTteR" is just so shot full of holes.

Admin: wonder if it's worth canning this thread given it's been posted in the main thread and being discussed already? Just an idea.

Reactions: Tom
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom