Reviewing the Reviews brought to us July 15th aabout PES 2010

raffupperv12

League 2
22 January 2007
Just to state, I am a PES Fan who made the jump last year to FIFA 09 (becuase PES 2009 was a failure IMO), but still wanting PES to make a comeback as I feel that PES has always had it better in the AI & game style match realism (but FIFA has almost got it 100% right, if they fix AI problems....or if they just upgraded there PC title to next gen then modders can handle the improvements needed). With that being said this is what I have gathered from the PES 2010 July 15th reviews (After reading numerous reviews from different sites)

Sliders
I think that PES is going in the right direction, how far along they are in that direction is yet to be seen, but the sliders I think is a huge option that with the right amount of time tweaking it by the player will result in hours of fun. let me explain if I understood correctly, the whole thing with sliders, is that basically players can customize the style of play to there needs & desires exactly, now will that equal a win? well that depends on how well you understand soccer or if your just a button smasher, cuz if your playing an ultra defensive team then maybe the player might be more beneficial to be playing more of a wing play style in order to break the defensive line with crosses etc. Every game is a new adventure with different ways of beating a team not always have the same formula working for you but making you think of different ways to attack...but this is what I hope.(also thi smight have indirectly solved the major problem of defenses parting like the red sea when opponents are dribbling staright to goal, please this be the case, so frustrating)

Card System
After much reading & deciphering, I began to understand what they are doing here & if it works then it can be benficial & is an extension of the sliders & managerial controls. Also I think that this will be good when playing online against button smashers who will probably overuse these cards & will actually work against them. Let me explain, if they set all players with an ultra attack then they will leave themselves open for a counterattack as they were instructed to be in attacking positions while card is switched on & won't get back on defense, so a player must be cautious & balanced giving more realism & consequence to managerial decisions(teh game then steps away from the arcade style soccer game & moves into realm of reality) for more info on what card systems is check out a pretty good explanation given by winning eleven blog: http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/pes-2010-card-system/

GRAPHICS
From what I have seen the graphics look better but what I am more concerned with is not so much the graphics persay (cuz in wide cam extreme detail is not significant) but the animations is important.Question left to be answered: are the player movements more varied & lifelike when passing, dribbling & shooting?? Again graphical issues can be rectified on the PC (thanks modders :WORSHIP:)

ANIMATIONS

From what I read it was only 25% done in the animation department so to be optimistic I think that w/ MOCAP the animations will be coming along nicely.

To wrap up, I know that the reality of it all is that the game will not be what we all have been waiting for all these years but maybe 80% there & hopefully it can be the basis of something to build upon so that future PES titles are closer to perfection as we all are hoping!!

What do you think from reading the reviews of sites like IGN (UK), Gamepspot (UK), Winning eleven blog, etc.??????

The card system sounds absolute wank!

A cheap way of doing AI, setting a pre set bunch of routines into the game rather than programing the AI to react to the state of the game.

The slider system sounds good tho.

Back
Top Bottom