Realism re-Review after 6 months of playing (and modding) PES 2020: (14-min positives, 14-min negatives)

The_Knight

Champions League
13 December 2005

Timsetamps:

Part 1: Positives

00:00 Intro goals
00:56 Shooting
05:40 First touch
06:37 Dribbling
08:18 Skills
08:31 Finesse Dribbling
09:10 Crossing and headers
11:31 Passing
13:37 Player runs (Positives)
14:10 Goalkeepers (Positives)

Part 2: Negatives (somewhat)

16:02 Referees (I)
18:01 Free Kicks
18:30 Referees (II)
20:44 Player and Ball Awareness
21:59 Player runs (Negatives)
22:23 Defending
25:22 Goalkeepers (Negatives)
26:26 Animations

Part 3: MISC

26:59 Mods, Broadcast Cameras and 2021 Wishlist

Timsetamps:

Part 1: Positives

00:00 Intro goals
00:56 Shooting
05:40 First touch
06:37 Dribbling
08:18 Skills
08:31 Finesse Dribbling
09:10 Crossing and headers
11:31 Passing
13:37 Player runs (Positives)
14:10 Goalkeepers (Positives)

Part 2: Negatives (somewhat)

16:02 Referees (I)
18:01 Free Kicks
18:30 Referees (II)
20:44 Player and Ball Awareness
21:59 Player runs (Negatives)
22:23 Defending
25:22 Goalkeepers (Negatives)
26:26 Animations

Part 3: MISC

26:59 Mods, Broadcast Cameras and 2021 Wishlist

I stopped playing PES after being utterly disgusted by PES20's initial offering. Was browsing YouTube and chanced upon this. This is the review which brought me back to PES. Got my evopatch, gameplay files and sider stuff sorted in double time and now I can't stop playing. The mods made this a truly exquisite game. Thank you for the review!

You're videos are class, Really brings out the best in PES 2020. In a perfect world Konami would hire you to promote the game pre-release next year.

I really wish they do. IGN gets their review out on release, while I mine comes out 1-2 months after theirs.

I stopped playing PES after being utterly disgusted by PES20's initial offering. Was browsing YouTube and chanced upon this. This is the review which brought me back to PES. Got my evopatch, gameplay files and sider stuff sorted in double time and now I can't stop playing. The mods made this a truly exquisite game. Thank you for the review!
Hey, may I ask which mod/combination you are using ?
Would be nice to know.

I keep watching this video and thinking the game looks incredible (other than the same finesse goal off the post being scored repeatedly) - then I play the game for five minutes and there's just no midfield, and there's such a lag in animations that leads to massive open spaces (players colliding and stumbling in a set direction for 2-3 very slow seconds, like no player would ever do with a loose ball available)... and I just turn it off again. It's so dated it's incredible at times.

If anything, this video makes me realise why I stupidly buy both games every year. Put this game in the hands of a guy like @The_Knight and by God you can make it look sensational. Konami should hire you, my man. Or EA, but I don't think you'd take their money. ;)

I keep watching this video and thinking the game looks incredible (other than the same finesse goal off the post being scored repeatedly) - then I play the game for five minutes and there's just no midfield, and there's such a lag in animations that leads to massive open spaces (players colliding and stumbling in a set direction for 2-3 very slow seconds, like no player would ever do with a loose ball available)... and I just turn it off again. It's so dated it's incredible at times.

If anything, this video makes me realise why I stupidly buy both games every year. Put this game in the hands of a guy like @The_Knight and by God you can make it look sensational. Konami should hire you, my man. Or EA, but I don't think you'd take their money. ;)

Yep. I must say there is plenty to ruin this year's game. It's a new collisions engine so hopefully next year it will have matured quite a lot. This game needs a ton of added animations, esp running and turning. I wanted to talk about the lack of midfield but I must have forgotten. You are right, I find it easier to pass to Mane and Salah directly from the backline, and I have no idea why my midfield is wiped out even though they barely got used during the game.

The thing is, the only reason we're playing PES and not FIFA is that it still offers an incomparably better experience on the field. Trust me, I'd rather not bother with editing scoreboards, kits, faces, stadiums, grass, and cameras. I'd rather play a game ready to go, but a few minutes into playing FIFA offline and it's just a non-rewarding waste of time. I'll give both a go next year, and if FIFA is worth reviewing, I'll review it as well.

Completely agree with this post,

The more I see these videos the more I am sure that FIFA is just a game about street football.

It has some serious presentation parts right as well. Some gameplay features too.

For both titles: it’s all in the details, imo.
It has many details that PES had in the past, or didn't ever have, but should to have in 2020. In PES 2020 still, the commentator is no aware if the current match is a knock-out or a regular league match.
On FIFA the other day i was playing 4-3-3 with CMF-DMF-CMF and the commentator said "they are going with the Dutch style now".... something like this!!! These are details that PES should have long ago, it is presentation 1.00!

Last edited:
Fifa only has the Licences, without that "Feature" Fifa would die. PES is doing the better job
I mean really and truly people play the game for online
But again without licenses the game franchise would have ended already

How do you get started on manual like is it a really hard shift? Is it hard to do on the realistic cameras?

What is the benefits? Better looking goals? Not on the rails as much? I don't think you suffer from repetitive goals in PES much, not like FIFA anyway where every goal is cut in from corner and shoot

I might make the change when the dream patch lands and it will be like a whole new game probably

What about some camera options for Celtic Park and Ibrox would you consider them for your next video? Then it wouldn't need to be a full league so could be a shorter one for you?

What about some camera options for Celtic Park and Ibrox would you consider them for your next video? Then it wouldn't need to be a full league so could be a shorter one for you?
I'll have another video for Serie A then one for the remaining stadiums :)

Back
Top Bottom