R.I.P. my PS2

OPM

2 June 2003
:( :( she died tonight i think, but maybe earlier this week, haven't used her for like 5 days now.

damn shit.

i only hear the laser trying to read the discs but it doesn't work.no original dvd's, no cd'rs oder dvd+r/-r. :( :(

dunno if there is any way to try and repair it?(opened and cleaned everything allready) or do i have to get it to some shop and let them repair her?argh.i am so angry.

it's a first series version btw with no idea what mod chip, 3 1/2 years old now.

feel with me!help me maybe!i wanna play Liveware.... :(

sorry to hear that.

well, it's now only wise to start saving up for PS3. you'd obviously miss WE9 but.. unless you got stacks of cash lyin around.

Happened to me, too, a while ago. Sad day.

I bought another, second hand. As long as you check it first, and listen to make sure the laser isn't dying on that one too, it should last until the PS3.

Let's hope this time, Sony manage to put out a product that doesn't stop working after 2 or 3 years......

Pere Ubu said:
Happened to me, too, a while ago. Sad day.

I bought another, second hand. As long as you check it first, and listen to make sure the laser isn't dying on that one too, it should last until the PS3.

Let's hope this time, Sony manage to put out a product that doesn't stop working after 2 or 3 years......

i agree.

i've got the money for the ps3 allready put back, so i don't worry about that one.just like to get this one to work again, maybe a new laser will do the job.need to ask in local stores on monday...stupid day to see my lovely console going down the river...

i too am saving for ps3 ! a while back my ps2 just stopped workin

turned out it was dust stuck in the vent parts so i aired it out and it worked again :D

soz to ere bout urs dude :( i know what ur going thru

BE STRONG ;)

i try to be, but the it feels strange not being able to play WE whenever you want...:(

sent the guys taht put in my modchip a mail...let's see how much they want for repair...i ain't givin her up!

OPM said:
:( :( she died tonight i think, but maybe earlier this week, haven't used her for like 5 days now.

damn shit.

i only hear the laser trying to read the discs but it doesn't work.no original dvd's, no cd'rs oder dvd+r/-r. :( :(

dunno if there is any way to try and repair it?(opened and cleaned everything allready) or do i have to get it to some shop and let them repair her?argh.i am so angry.

it's a first series version btw with no idea what mod chip, 3 1/2 years old now.

feel with me!help me maybe!i wanna play Liveware.... :(

Was that your Eulogy? C'mon, you must have nicer things to say.

Unlucky man, dude, save your money and buy a PS3 in 2006! It will be better for you.

my psx laser lasted 6 years without problems.too bad this one didn't.

Sony need to give out longer warranties for their consoles. I've had my GC and Xbox for years and I've had no problems with them at all, and my PS2 is probably my least played console.

I Have my PS2 since 27 June 2002, and I had chiped my PS2 last year, and I don't have any problems even with the laser, it's fine like a new one.

sending it out tomorrow...they'll fix it...hopefully not TOO expensive.

SPiTFiRE[NN] said:
I Have my PS2 since 27 June 2002, and I had chiped my PS2 last year, and I don't have any problems even with the laser, it's fine like a new one.

Youre very lucky then.
Ive had mine since November 2002, and its fucked. I cant play PES anymore.
There must be somewhere tht fixes them, coz I dnt wanna buy another one.

Mikey said:
Sony need to give out longer warranties for their consoles.
No point in that if you're gonna break the void and chip the console.

Sony needs to make their hardware mor durable, no cheap material that can break anyday. Althought that would be bad for our pockets! :s

Mine from Dec 2000 - Dec 2004.

4 years, while not good it worked.

Infact it still worked when I broke it, but I didn;t realise it was just my swap magic cd that wouldn;t work.

RuneEdge said:
No point in that if you're gonna break the void and chip the console.

Mine's not chipped..I use swap disks. ;) A cool thing is though, after my last PS2 broke, I just put the disk tray cover back on it, and took it back to the store I bought it from, and got a new one. :D Thank God I have extended warranties for my console :D

Pires7 said:
Youre very lucky then.
Ive had mine since November 2002, and its fucked. I cant play PES anymore.
There must be somewhere tht fixes them, coz I dnt wanna buy another one.

The only problem than I have in laser is playing my original FFVII in PS2, because of gameshark.

what u gotta do when ur getting a modchip put in if its legal in ur country, is make sure its a good one. Not a crappy non-solder one, they r shite. and make sure u use decent dvd-r's when backing up ur games and also burn at slow speeds not the maximum ur chip can do, the slower the speeds, the darker the dye on the disks, the less strain will be put on your laser. Also don't play DVD's on ur ps2 that will just lessen the life of the laser, if u do all of this then ur laser should last longer. It may take more effort and more time, but in the end its worth it when u can stick in a back up and smile, knowing that its working!!!!!!!!!

did u clean your laser with pure alcohol? since the first time i thought it died i was able to play nearly one year cleaning the laser monthley with alcohol. still made a lot of weird noises but it worked. now i have a hd in my ps2 so no laserprobs for me till the ps3 drops...

Phone Sony and you can get a replacement delivered to your door for about £45.00

They take your old one and give you a reconditioned one in it's place.

You can also swap over an old knackered pad, I did it and everything is working fine.

got it back.they cleaned and adjusted the laser, replaced something and now it works again :)perfect.had to pay 17,50€ (incl. shipping), it was worth it... :)

Back
Top Bottom