ps3 version unplayable on standard TV???

Mickus

Non-League
29 September 2006
Heard some rumours about the slowdown/frame rate being horrible on a standard TV ("fat tv")?
Anyone know?

hmmm, I wonder if that would explain a couple of things.

I played the PS3 version on a 44" rear projector last night, installed on the HDD, and the jittering was really evident.

I'll try it on my Samsung HD later and let u know..............

I'm starting to wonder if this is an issue with a the T.V's being used.

My PES6 was jerky and had slowdown on my Wharfdale 42" HD T.V. when played on 60hz with a composite cable, but on 50hz, the game was perfect.

Hopefully my HDMI cable for the PS3 will be able to handle PES2008 without slowdown or jerky movements.

Guess I'll find out tomorrow one way or another.

just got an email from konami

Dear customer,

Thank you very much for contacting the Konami customer support team.

Konami Digital Entertainment has uncovered issues which affect the gameplay
quality of PES 2008 on PLAYSTATION 3. We are working at full strength to find
a solution as quickly as possible. We sincerely apologise for this
inconvenience. Further announcements will be made as quickly as we have
additional details.

Your Konami Support Team

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH
Berner Str. 103-105
60437 Frankfurt am Main
Germany

Ummm I tried on on my 25' PC screen and it works fine without slowdown, gonna go tomorrow to a friend house who dont have HD I'll tell you if I saw major slowdown.

For those that had slowdown, did you install it on HDD and did you turn the environemental setting off ?

Ummm I tried on on my 25' PC screen and it works fine without slowdown, gonna go tomorrow to a friend house who dont have HD I'll tell you if I saw major slowdown.

For those that had slowdown, did you install it on HDD and did you turn the environemental setting off ?

Yes mate, installed and enviro off

Looking forward to you findings......................

I'm using a BUSH 21" SDTV.

The game does jitters during the replays (after you scored or missed one), but it ain't that bad when you install the game data on your HDD.

During gameplay (while i'm playing a match) it's alright for me.

Also anyone one using 4:3 TV, if there is an option to put it on 16:9, do it. The game looks better on that.

Peace.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I seem to nice this on my 40" Samsung HDTV, I get framerate drops and jitters. I'll play about and see what makes a difference, its highly annoying.

I'm playing on a 22 inch Sony 'fat' TV and the slowdown is... horrendous.

I've installed on the PS3 HD, marginal improvement but not even close to good enough.

Help help help please. I'm gagging to play properly, but it's just useless at the moment :(

U lot r giving me a bad feeling to buy an ps3 and pes2008 but i have an fat tv is it horrible to play. Cuz i dont wanna waste my money.

U lot r giving me a bad feeling to buy an ps3 and pes2008 but i have an fat tv is it horrible to play. Cuz i dont wanna waste my money.

I currently have a 'fat' tv and the game runs fine. Hardly any slowdown in game, only on certain replays

I dont have a HD TV, have tried everything reccommended and am still suffering with bad slowdown, lag problems.

Can we have a consensus from Fat TV owners? Is the game poor?Ie Lag. Im close to investing in a PS3 and PES but dont have fundage for a HD at this moment in time.

I honestly wouldn't bother until Konami release a patch. I use a 22 inch Sony 'fat' tv and the slowdown is horrible. I bought it for Xbox and the difference is staggering.

I'd much prefer a decent PS3 version as the pad is better IMO, but it's impossible to recommend because of the stuttery gfx, particularly in light of the liquid smooth Xbox version. :(

I am using a 32" Samsung HDTV connected via HDMI through a 3 HDMI switcher and the game is unplayable for me. I might try connect the PS3 directly to the tv instead of through the switching box and see if that improves things.

At present if I play at old trafford the Bernabeau (Madrid) then the game just lags around all over the place. I have it installed on the PS3's harddrive.

The game plays better on my ageing PC Athlon 3200+ 1gig of RAM and Nvidia 7600GT.

I'm wondering the same thing, is it playable on a regular tv?

But I have a more specific question:

Does it work on a regular North American tv?

Does the PS3 version have the same option as the PS2 version with the 60hz option at the start of the game?

Does the PS3 version have the same option as the PS2 version with the 60hz option at the start of the game?

Unfortunately not for me, but it runs as 60hz, my problem is that my 42" Plasma HDTV has a problem with PES games on 60hz, 50hz runs perfect.

The PS2 version has the option at the start, but not the PS3.

Back
Top Bottom