PS3 version freezing non stop

E

Enda

Bought the game on release, no problems at all until today.

I booted the game up, went into ML Mode, started a match and the game hung/froze at the loading screen where it shows the team line-ups.

Re-booted, went through everything again and it froze at the same point.

Booted the game up a 3rd time and it froze immediatly after the XMB when I booted the game up from the little disc icon.

tried a 4th time and it again froze at the same point on the player line-ups.

Is this a problem anyone else has had? I havent been arsed trying it a 5th and 6th time as I'm afraid I'll damage the PS3 (it was getting pretty loud when it came up against a loading screen :shock:)

I have had the exact same problem m8. I was playing perfectly yesterday i switched it on today and it keeps freezing.

Tried it 4 times. Havn't had any luck.

Anybody know how to fix this?

I have a small suspicion. Warhawk was updated yesterday, and ever since I installed that patch PES has been fucked up.

I checked on PESFan and it seems a lot of people are having the same problems, all of them just starting today

i havn't updated anything nor have i installed. However i was downloading a demo & i stopped it and the game has been working now. The bubbles on top of the PES logo while its loading are still messed up though.

ahhh that must be it, I was downloading the TimeShift demo. Thanks for the heads up m8

Well, I turned off all downloads, even deleted them completly to be sure.

And...success!, or so I thought. Was playing away for a good 30 mins error-free thinking all was well until it (yet again) hung on the line-ups page when I was preparing for my 3rd match.

So annoying, I give up. Don't think I'll bother changing the game, there isint a single scratch on the disc. And I dont think its a problem with the PS3 either, I own 11 games and have never experianced a single freeze before bar once on call of duty 3 but that was after a long long 10 hour + gaming session.

I dno, I'm a big PES fan, always have been and I'm a little pissed off that Konami have landed us with a 90% complete game as opposed to a 100% one. Some of the glitches and stuff... it's shocking that nobody along the chain of command said "hold on here lads, this games not finished, we'll delay the relese if thats what it takes to get things right".

This happened to me. Phone Sony or got to the place you got ure ps3. They'll replace t for you as long as you have proof of purchase.

Yeah but the problem is only with PES. Its started ever since today. Very weird, never experienced such thing before. My PES copy looks brand new aswell, no scratches or nothing. I have only taken it out once.

Don't know what to do.

I had the same problem whenever I was downloading in the background, but it works fine for me when not. Try deleting your PES cache file first, and if that doesn't do it I imagine you'd have to try deleting the option file next. Sounds like you have a corrupted file of some sort.

I had the same problem after the 2.0 update. It appears it corrupted it somehow. Here is what I had to do:
Deleted my main account and set it up again. This worked for me. I had to do it cos it corrupted my browser aswell. It will delete you game saves tho.

Back
Top Bottom