PS3 is disappointing, How about the PS2 version of PES2008? Can we go back?

zortex

League 2
13 August 2003
Anybody played both of them ? Can we make a u turn to PES2 ?
What do you say you guys?
Some people say it's an improvement of PES6 and better than PES2008 crap !

LOL Listen coz Im gonna tell you the truth... Yesterday Round my friends We had 2 tvs hooked up. One was ps3 pes2008 in HD and the Other was Pro evo 6 (Patched Version.. Ie Kits, Boots on the PS2.)
I had to laugh my head off when I saw PRO 6!!! I was amazed that I had actually been Enjoying this game for a year. Yes its a great game but compared to PS3 pro it looks like somthing out of the 80's!! So NO you cant go back. no way. At first I was dissapointed with the ps3 version and thought Id swap to ps2 but its just not possible! :-)

im my opinion yes you can go back and you should deff go back.its about the gameplay,the physics.its not about the graphicss.the ps2 version is better by miles than the ps3 version.i honestly cant believe how shit the ps3 version is mate.if you like pes 4-6 then you'll love the pes 2008 ps2.as you know they fucked up hard on pes 2008 next gen version.in this day and age i simply cant accept the standard of the new pro evo.it dont even feel rushed.its just pure shit.dont get me started on why i dont like pes 2008 ps3 as we could be here all year

I've played both.

PS2 version plays exactly the same as WE10JL on PS2, but has exact same ML as PES6. It's a mature PS2 game that has been optimised after about 6 years development on that console.

PS3 version has the framerate issues, badly ported physics but ML is marginally better (20 team leagues). Looks and feels like the very immature game it is on PS3. Many features missing that are in the PS2 version.

I'm tempted to say that WE10JL on PS2 is the best overall. Optimised gameplay, no overbearing framterate issues, best ML, Fantasista mode and all the edit features, etc are there.

Last edited:
To go to another extreme, I heard many times how some people rated pes3, and the series has gone downhill since. I have had every version since the start, but forgot how good it was. So just picked one up in blockbuster for a pound, and I am really enjoying it, works fine on the PS3. I have both the PS3 and 360. I have PES 2008 on the 360 which is the better version, but I am defo going to play PES3. might even try PES4 as thats only £2.99

How well does the PS2 version work on the PS3? Does it work well online? PES6 did not work well online when played on a PS3

I've been playing Konami's ISS or PES since 94 or 95 back on my SNES as a teenager. Have always thought "how can it get any better than this" when the new game comes out, but they kept raising the bar year after year.

Until PES08. The game is shoddy and un-finished. I feel deeply let down after forking out a small fortune to buy a PS3 and a HDTV specifically to play Pro Evo in next gen.

iv'e just bought a ps2 on ebay, i hate pes2008 on the 360

i used to love editing in depth and the gameplay on the ps2 is great aswell..what the fuck have konami done

i only play footie games and next gen pes just doesn't do anything for me

looking forward to patching again on pes6

Try WE2007-JLCC (Club Championship) - Its a step up from WE10JL and Fantasia mode is the dog's bo&£%cks!!

I do like PES2008 tho - unfinished but enjoyable all the same.

(NOTE: This is my own opinion and in no way reflects the individual opinions of others in this community) ;)

Guys i have to say, yes both PS3 and PS2 Have their faults, 2 many we all know about, but to get the real benefit's of the game you must play 2 v 2 with your mates, it is without a shadow of a doubt (when you are all of a reasonable standard)where the beauty of this game lies, and you are all missing out if you don't try it. I 2 would be pissed shelling out £400 + pounds for a PS3 with Pro evo, and another £40 for the game and £120 for 4 controllers, only to have the games frame rate and lag slow you down, however 2v2 is where the beauty lies\\:o/\\:o/\\:o/\\:o/:circle::square::triangle::x::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Back
Top Bottom