PS2 Manual cursor switch vs PS3/360 Manual cursor switch

Which manual cursor switching do you prefer? The PS2 version or what we have now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lami

Niche Football
28 May 2007
Sydney
Man Utd, Juve
Well here it is. Which do manual cursor switching do you prefer? The older PS2 version or the newer PS3/360 version? Or have a choice between both? Or none?

Please make sure you vote. Casted mine!

I'll quote myself in case some forgot/don't know how the PS2 manual cursor switching worked:

On the PS2, when you didn't have the ball, the cursor would never change unless you pressed L1. That in turn gave us great control over our players and precise timing when to switch to the right player. When you had the ball it'd be auto.

On the PS3, manual isn't the same, as cursor never changes whether you had the ball or not. When you have the ball, with every pass you'd have to press L1 before/when/after receiving the pass or else your player would be AI controlled. Therefore, for us used to PS2 manual cursor switching, our only option here was to use semi-assisted cursor switching, which isn't the best, as it's not entirely manual when the ball is with the opponent.

Last edited:
PS2 switching was perfect, I hate the new manual one, makes no sense having to press L1 every time the player receives the ball... its frustrating the way they changed it.

Sorry PC users for not mentioning PC in there. Just picked consoles to make it more obvious :P

Please make poll for HUD.

Not sure we need one for that mate. Adam has already asked for templates be sent to his twitter, which they already have :)

Last edited:
pes 2013 manual switching is ridiculous. i couldnt believe when i first tried it out only to see it doesnt change cursor even when the ball carrier has the ball!! who seriously uses this and what is its purpose?

so yes, old pes cursor/current fifa 'air balls' cursor should be put in

just another SIMPLE mistake by konami

o.O is there a difference?

on ps2 i used manual but now i use semi because its so manual now that is untrackable during games

oh i think i got myself an answer here

I think I always used manual assist on PS2, but semi-assist on PS3. Is there a lot of difference between these two?

Yea mate. Quite a difference in fact. On the PS2, when you didn't have the ball, the cursor would never change unless you pressed L1. That in turn gave us great control over our players and precise timing when to switch to the right player. When you had the ball it'd be auto.

On the PS3, manual isn't the same, as cursor never changes whether you had the ball or not. When you have the ball, with every pass you'd have to press L1 before/when/after receiving the pass or else your player would be AI controlled. Therefore, for us used to PS2 manual cursor switching, our only option here was to use semi-assisted cursor switching, which isn't the best, as it's not entirely manual when the ball is with the opponent.

Last edited:
I hope I did make sense with all that :P

If you do have a PS2, try it yourself :)

Back
Top Bottom