Professional mode is harder than Top Player?

binary0x01

League of my own!
6 May 2008
LA area
Spartak Moscow FC
Hey guys,

I play on Professional difficulty setting and I've also tried the TopPlayer setting, and it seems to me that the former is harder.

The difference is most apparent when a goal is scored against the CPU and right after than, everything seems to shift in CPU's way, which is strange since the momentum in real life is carried by the team who scores.. atleast for about 10 minutes.

All the loose balls bounce CPU's way... they are quicker on the ball, they are stronger on the ball, even when their players' stats are inferior.

So strange... not realistic at all IMHO.

Anyone else experience something along those lines?

Which ones the hardest? I forget the order. All I know is I play on the hardest level possible and I score on average 8 goals a game on 10 min match in my master league. It's far too easy. Someone make me a footy game that is actually difficult!!!!!!!

Top Player is supposed to be the hardest. But I score like mad on that setting.

I remember winning eleven 8 was the same way, so I switched to 2nd hardest, which is Professional, and it is a lot harder to play (a lot is an understatement).

Try the professional settings, you will be surprised at the difference.

Well I played 2 matches. One on pro level and one on top player. Same teams each time, same condition level etc.

Pro level I won 3-0, had 15 shots compared to the comps 3.

Top level I won 4-2, had 17 shots compared to the comps 8.

For me the top player level was harder as the comp attacked alot better. Still defended like an ape though.

Try playing five minute matches instead(it's what I do),
10 in the end against the CPU is too long and becomes easy.

Yea that's a shout. Just don't know if 5 min will be long enough for me to enjoy. I can see how it would make the matches harder though.

The Teamvision is basically a selfdestruct tactic which probably has more effect on top player, they try and make it harder by the AI adapting to your play but all it does is gives you more space to exploit in other areas and in longer matches it probably adapts more.

I usually play 15/20 min matches.

Unless it's a real awesome matchup then I bump it up to 30 and just take a break between intermissions.

But I've noticed Professional giving me an overall harder match than Top Player.

Ofcourse it depends on how you play.

I like to have the stats after the match in my favor, most improtantly possesion and shots on target.

I usually play 15/20 min matches.

Unless it's a real awesome matchup then I bump it up to 30 and just take a break between intermissions.

But I've noticed Professional giving me an overall harder match than Top Player.

Ofcourse it depends on how you play.

I like to have the stats after the match in my favor, most improtantly possesion and shots on target.

I think AI on top player is little bit more logical, so also a little bit more logical to figure out/beat.
Also probably your teammates will be playing on top player difficulty, so maybe if you have a super good team (i don't know), they really stick out at top player...

honestly, I think PES is best played with your mates :)
Nothing beats beating your best fren :P

I mean, the amount of time we spent playing against the CPU, and imo, because of its nature, is even more in football games (fifa or PES).

Its like Call of Duty, in the end, you would rather play multiplayer online because its far more challenging.

definitely harder on professional mode, still not that hard. I love pro to the death and have done ever since ISS 64:TU:, but the x-box version of 2008 has so many cock ups and discrepencies with the ps2/3 ones. what's goin on??

Back
Top Bottom