Pro Evolution 2008 review....

good review for the ps3 version... but still they left the editing part a bit in the dark.. so we still have to wait and see if the ps3 editor is indeed the same as the 360 version.. I've only seen screens of the 360 editor and none of the ps3 version...so lets all hope for the best :D

already dissected elsewhere guys, a poor review and a non sense score, didn't talk about any of the poor things and the fact they said the Premier league still feels fake when there is not a shred of realism to any of the Ml just sums it up. If this has made your mind up to buy PES then good for you...

ign are up konamis arse, unless the game is leaps and bounds different from the demo it shouldnt get more than 7/10 if fifa is only getting 7.9/10

if you need proof, heres a shot from the game...

20102007448.jpg

Last edited:
It seems you have been playing another game you stupid fanboy. Its people like you that let seabass continue their catastrophic run. Read a proper review below of the PS3 version:

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/ps3/pes7/review.html

That review mentions nothing about whether they installed it to the HDD or not, which might explain the slowdown problems they've marked it down for.
7/10 for a game with 'crippling technical issues' is still pretty good if you ask me.
I'll reserve judgement until my copy arrives tomorrow from shopto...

Thats exactly what I thought, IMO Konami have lobbed in the HDD feature at a late stage to get around the slowdowns and according to people who have played the game it has greatly improved the issues. Fingers crossed.

All the good reviews seem like they've been paid for by Konami and all the bad ones are so bad, they sound like they're coming from FIFA fanboys.

We'll all have to play the game ourselves really.

That review mentions nothing about whether they installed it to the HDD or not, which might explain the slowdown problems they've marked it down for.
7/10 for a game with 'crippling technical issues' is still pretty good if you ask me.
I'll reserve judgement until my copy arrives tomorrow from shopto...

It says it was installed on the PS3. You missed that on the first page, 5th paragraph.

Last edited:
It says it was installed on the PS3. You missed that on the first page, 5th paragraph.
You're quite right, my bad.
It still doesn't ring true though...
The few reports I've heard from lucky souls who've got their PS3 copies early suggest that the slowdown is nowhere near as bad as suggested in that review, and that it's only really apparent in replays.

Just played it from the disc.

Took me 4 passes to switch it off and press 'install'
The stuttering is f&*^ing awful!!!

Just waiting for the install to finish and i'll report back............

Ive got the game too and theres is noticeable slowdown when the field is crowded which is a shame.
After one match i installed the game, but i don't know what this feature is for, because there was still the same slow down and the loading times were the same.
The frame rate is very poor in the replays which is a disgrace. It feels so fake to watch the replay when you've scored a goal. It takes away the realistic feeling and takes you out of the game, because its so choppy.
This is for me a lack of respect from Konami to their loyal customers. There are a lot of games that look 100 times better then pes. Just play the GT prologue demo en see how much eyecandy the ps3 can handle in 60fps without any effort. 16 cars on the track and not 1 hickup. But Konami cant even get it right with 22 cartoonlike characters on the field. They also had the same problem on the ps2, Konami used the excuse that they had reached the ps2' limit, that could be true. Now they have plenty of power to use from the ps3 and we still get this avarage looking game with damned slow downs. And the field, wtf happened to it, it looks so low res and the ad board are so pixelated and also low res. I almost want to cry. And in wide cam you can clearly see that the players are downgraded to improved framerate.....omg!!!
I usually dont like to complain, because i like the gameplay, but pes2008 doesnt feel like its worth all my money. Maybe its worth $30, but not the whole $60. I still bought it, but im not 100% satisfied with the product. I would certainly buy something else if there was an alternative. I don't like fifa08, but i really hope fifa09 will improve gameplay wise so i dont have to rely on Konami each year, because ive lost faith in them.

Last edited:
Further to my above post.........

Tried San Siro and it is MUCH better!!

I think we were playing on KONAMI stadium before, which is awful.

More info as I play more.
Back to the action......................

Back
Top Bottom