playing pes2008 (ps2) on 40" sony bravia

danhammer

Champions League
23 February 2004
evening chaps,

as per the title, haven't played the ps2 version for a while...don't like the 360 version so decided to play ps2 again

now not sure because iv'e been playing next gen for a while that it obviously makes ps2 look shoddy

but not sure if it's just me or does pes2008 ps2 version look terrible, i'm referring to graphics wise..gameplay is solid as always IMO

I think the PS2 graphics are fine, exactly like the previous 2 versions. It might be your TV. PS2 games look poor on such big screens, except perhaps GT4, which looks gorgeous on a 42".

Graphics on my 32" Samsung HDTV look substantially worse than they did on my old CRT TV. Players look like they're made out of pixels and overall looks sodding awful. Then again, HD couldn't look any better, so out with the old and in with the new. ;)

although i bought myself a ps2 component lead and adjusted the settings and it's looking alot better, much better than scart

although i bought myself a ps2 component lead and adjusted the settings and it's looking alot better, much better than scart

It should only be slightly better than RGB SCART; was my telly at least - a Sony Bravia 40W2000. What Bravia do you have?

Also don't forget that you can change many picture processing parameters to soften the image etc. Make sure you apply the same parameters to both inputs when comparing them.

Last edited:
how do you do that mate, because the picture on my bravia looks pretty bad to be honest, sometimes it looks ok but othertimes horrific

i have sony bravia 40S2500

yea connect the ps2 to the tv with component cables. PES on ps2 looks soo much better with component cables. The difference is very significant on my 47" set. I also find that the difference is more apparent in PES than other ps2 games

Back
Top Bottom