Philipp Lahm für Ballon d'Or 2014

Kanouté

#NewEra
26 April 2008
Messi's been given the world cup's award.
Ronaldo will likely to be given UEFA's award for what he's done in CL last season.

so I think it's the time to recognize the world cup winning captain, the most complete player today(imo), the "magic dwarf"s brilliance.

what do you think about his chances to win it? or any other german's like schweinsteiger, müller or neuer?

I don't rate world cup matches very much, they depend on a lot of factors, whilst the whole season (domestic league and international competitions) is much more important.

For once, I agree completely, Lahm is one of those special players who is a master of all trades, jack of none. Tactically smart, technically perfect, good vision, good discipline and a leader. Can you get any better?

On the other hand, Neuer has been outstanding as well, but no more than Courtois.

PS: Just to add a bit of spice, I would put Di Maria on the top 3 as well. A pitty he got injured during the world cup.

Very good imo. Cannavaro did it so I dont see why lahm couldn't either.

That was a joke of a ballon d'or. Even more undeserved than Messi being chosen the best player in the world cup.

Yeah not thinking of his world cup is performance only
The guy has won alot with Bayern and the world cup is the cherry on the cake.
Agreed on Cannavaro not Messi though!

I think the last two were Lahm's best seasons yet and Guardiola did him a huge favor putting him into middle and get him even more recognized by media. besides the wc, his club performance was very impressive too. shit happens like that 0-4...

also I'd give the 2006 ball to pirlo, totti, buffon or heck, even to henry and maybe cannavaro after that. unfortunately, the armband(and that germany game) made the difference then.

He should get some recognition for being probably the best right back to have graced a football pitch. He's not the strongest, not the fastest, not the best dribbler or anything, he's just a complete package of smartness and overall quality imo.

An admirable player /salute!

Agree with Godotelli, he's one of the best defenders in the world, but imho nowhere near a Ballon d'Or.

review, that kid only guessed the 2012 right. he obviously said messi would've won fifth in a row but it's ronaldo won in 2013.

the 2014 ballon d'or will be given this january.

and I'm sorry but some of those predictions are just laughable. I can bet my house balotelli will never even make the top 10 in any ballon d'or ranking.

Back
Top Bottom