PES2009 network play is a disaster

zortex

League 2
13 August 2003
I praised PES 2009 couple of days ago and I explained why.. But I played 2 games "online" tonight and I have to admit it is the worst of all...
Every possesion is a chance to score and no defensive controls.. You can do nothing to stop your opponent and he can't do nothing to stop you.
I played 2 games online tonight and my first one was 5-3 win with Chelsea. My opponent was Barcelona. And I missed incredible chances so my opponent did as well.
And in my 2nd game I was Man Utd and my opponent was too. And Every attack of mine was a clear goal chance and I could not score and same thing for my opponent and he scored only 3 of them ! and beat me up 3-0 but even I did beat him up 8-5 it wasn't a surprise !
Network Play on PES 2009 is a disaster.
Human v Human or Human v PS3 It is a realistic game but online is disgrace.
Am I the only one?
My connection is not good?
Or am I right?

zortex.. you're not alone. The main problem for Pes2009 is their sucky network play. Server sucks. Even if you are on 'green' (Means best network connection) v 'green', you will still feel the lag if you're not the host. Host will get the advantage.. and you will see your opponent skipping frame. I've email konami regarding this.. but no avail. How I wish the online play would be improved.

Yes agree its a mess, even in the old one you could combat it with tactics, now its impossible to tackle anyone with X, they just walk through you .....I am so frustated have enjoyed fifa online more

I agree with you. Online mode sucks. It seems the gameplay online is different. No one can defend playing online. The defenders don´t take the ball out of messi ronaldinho etc it´s a shame because defence is good playing offline. I will stick to fifa 09. My first online game in PES was 7-1 for me. Real Madrid vs Man Utd, I made 8 shots, scored 7 goals. My oponnent couldn´t take the ball out of robben and ruud van nistelrooy always scores. Online play is ruined.

Absolutely agree. Only way to tackle is to slide- it's rubbish and worse than PES2008 online!

Yeah there is a genuine problem online. I have a correctly configured connection and industry standard cabling and all that jazz that my mate nabbed from his work, proper crazy low latency shielded stuff that once i connected to the main socket in my house gave me another 5 meg and boosted my upload speed. As pure as you can get for rural residential home broadband.

It's all setup so i can play Soul Calibur IV online with low-pings so guard impacts, just frames and parries work. They do.

PES is comedy hour for the most.

Sometimes i'll tackle a player and the action rewinds Prince of Persia style to where i don't have the ball. Clean tackles become a right mess because your player animates where it thinks the ball is but the latency means the ball is a split second ahead of where it appears on screen so you either miss the tackle completely or it careers off your shin.

You cannot compensate for this by pressing a button earlier either because what the client side and the server side see are different.

Saving grace is it's only early days and they might iron things out again...COD4 was ballax for a few weeks my mates tell me and it's smooth enough now so this might be teething problems, but...well we always tell ourselves that don't we.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom