PES2008 Online a rule, glitch, or cheat??

Saudi64

Non-League
22 December 2006
I played online against a person who hosted the game. First half ended 0-0, with a couple of good goal chances for me. In the middle of the second half, he began passing with his defenders and goalie. Since the game was 5 minutes in length, I expected he feared he would concede a goal, and wouldn't be able to score an equalizer, and he might try a counter attack when I brought more players later on. Second half soon ended with the same tactic, and making one mistake which I couldn't capitalize. Extra time began, and he did the same stuff, I didn't know what's up with him maybe he wants a draw or something. Pressured more and had a chance to score but wasted it. Second half extra time same stuff, and the game ended 0-0. Then he send two messages, both I win!, during the end of the game when the players shake their hands with each other. Then when the rankings came, I lost 9 points and he gained 9 points. Is this some unreasonable rule? Or because he had more possesion/goal shots he won? Or was it some glitch?

probably it was because you were rated higher than him, thus him drawing against you gains him points, due to the fact he's the "lower skilled" player, it happened to me a few time aswell.

probably it was because you were rated higher than him, thus him drawing against you gains him points, due to the fact he's the "lower skilled" player, it happened to me a few time aswell.

that's right and I think it makes sense tbh. If a poor player manages a draw against a better player, their rating should increase and vice versa for the higher rated player. However, I think Konami should have taken into account the strength of the teams too but clearly this is irrelevant.

As for the passing it about though, it does seem far too easy to kill the game like that on this version! I've done it myself but having since been on the receiving end, it's v annoying and not very sporting so I never do it now (and it's cost me too but so be it!)

Your right neil its too easy to pass it about at the back but i dont agree with the point about it making sense the lower player getting more points for drawing with the higher ranked guy. If you draw, you draw. You shouldnt be rewarded more than your opponent for drawing with them. But you definately should be rewarded if you beat a guy playing as barca with say spurs or birmingham etc. Konami are just lazy and it stinks. When you look at the effort put into other online games it really is shockingly bad from Konami.

True, but losing 9 points? Thats equal to winning a game. It should be 3-5 points lose for me, and 3-5 points gain for him. I remember playing against a person higher in ranking than me and drew against him but lost 3 points.

that's right and I think it makes sense tbh. If a poor player manages a draw against a better player, their rating should increase and vice versa for the higher rated player. However, I think Konami should have taken into account the strength of the teams too but clearly this is irrelevant.

As for the passing it about though, it does seem far too easy to kill the game like that on this version! I've done it myself but having since been on the receiving end, it's v annoying and not very sporting so I never do it now (and it's cost me too but so be it!)
Passing back is risky online. You never know when the opponent's forward is right in front of you due to lagging and glitches. Konami really screwed the online play badly.

It's so hard, because I'm just on edge of buying the WE 2008 and everyone says that it's bad and ther're going to FIFA... but I really don't like FIFA, can't like that.

It's so hard, because I'm just on edge of buying the WE 2008 and everyone says that it's bad and ther're going to FIFA... but I really don't like FIFA, can't like that.

i grew up playing FIFA, but soon as i was introduced to PES i never looked back, and FIFA was just shit... until this year
PES is really disappointing and FIFA has improved dramatically! who knows, maybe next year PES will be back to its best and ill stop playing FIFA again. The biggest thing i love about FIFA is playing online, and the ranking system.. its awesome!

Yes... I understand, FIFA07 on PS2 was completly sh**t and now I played the FIFA08 on PS3 and it looks way better, but still I prefer the WE2007.

Looking that now I have the PS3 and HD TVs... I was looking to get the WE2008 and be able to play on HD res... but what I really don't know and can't find online is, ... which is better, JAPAN or ASIAN version... (from playasia). Which one to buy?!?!?!

I prefer everything english, just a note.

Back
Top Bottom