PES sales decreasing each year! Is PES dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

figo123

League 1
4 July 2008
Really scared that PES sales are decreasing dramatically each year,not sure and I hope not, but this would mean that PES franchise might be cancelled if same trend continues:

Source:

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?nam...sher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

You should see Global sales for each year, you need to search for specific year, at the bottom of the chart you should see all the global sales (All plattforms added):

PES 2010 5.92 Million Sales

PES 2011 4.77 Million Sales

PES 2012 3.48 Million Sales

PES 2013 1.99 Million Sales

PES 2014 0.62 million Sales (until recent days)

I really hope PES 2014 sells better than PES 2013, if sales continue to decrease, then the year will come that PES franchise might be cancelled due to the lack of sales.

Konami needs to react and fix all planning/communication issues they currently have, if not, the worst scenario will come for all the ones (including myself) that enjoy playing PES.

dude, VG Charts is a mess... check Konami sales report!

Well good to know, but where is the Konami sales report?

But been objective, I bet VG Charts might not be 100% accurate but PES sales are decreasing a lot, maybe 50% each year, VG Chartz might not be 100% correct, but you do see the decrease each year, VG Charts is a good reference either we like it or not dude.

Good to know, according to Konami, they sold about 6 million soccer games in both 2012 and 2013 with about 0.3 million decrease in 2013 (up to May)

If this is true, then PES still has a future! But it is well known that PES 2014 release was a disaster so if they keep this behavior they could risk killing the franchise.

Thanks for the information.

He is right you know, PES is dying.... just a goddamn slow death. Look at all the reports from 2008 for example, you can see a decreasing trend.

Dying or not, it's all depend on the shareholders. Maybe they still see the series as one of Konami's flagship (cash cow)they have no intention of pulling the plug yet.

The veracity of vgchartz figures should always be treated with caution, but I feel they at least demonstrate a trend. PES isn't dying but I believe it is a series in decline.

PES is now essentially an irrelevance in the UK and I expect it is heading that way in other established gaming markets throughout Europe. The series' popularity in Asia and South America will be its saving grace for now.

PES2015 on next-gen consoles will be absolutely critical for Konami. They have to deliver a complete, professional, polished product with solid gameplay, slick and fully-functioning online modes and a revamped, modern master league.

EA already have the jump on them. If Konami fail to hit the ground running again then I think we can start writing the obituary for PES.

I really don't believe any of this dying drama.

Apparently it's been dying since 2008. We're 5-6 in and it's still here :LOL:

IMO PES still has a huge following that won't allow for it's demise. It just might happen if the game was completely and utterly bad, i.e. No leagues, no faces, bad gameplay, bad graphics, no stadiums, no modes, etc, which I do not see happening any time soon.

I think its imperative that they start off right foot with their next installment. If they don't deliver it will only get worse. I think they will though. They really need to focus on the game modes!

Remember that this doesn't count digital version sales, wich is growing a lot, specaially in PES.

But yeah, no doubt that it's been decreasing

IMO PES still has a huge following that won't allow for it's demise. It just might happen if the game was completely and utterly bad, i.e. No leagues, no faces, bad gameplay, bad graphics, no stadiums, no modes, etc, which I do not see happening any time soon.

It's nothing to do with how good or bad the game is, simply how much profit Konami make. If sales are slipping and production costs remain the same, then obviously at some point it becomes unviable. Football Kingdom was a great game yet never got a sequel.

I don't know where Konami go from here. Every year we're told by previews that this time is the one because of X, Y or Z. New engine, new head developer, new technology.

It's so far removed from the golden era now it's difficult to see how they'll turn it around.

My gut tells me PES 2015 or 2016 will be the last PES game..

And they only would have to blame themselves. Its incredible what my once favorite videogame series has become.

PES has been poor since PES2008.

Im not a Fifa fan boy but look how they are ready for Next Gen. New console and EA are there with their new fantastic looking and playing game.
Where are konami? Still trying to fix a game they half released over 3 months ago.

You can bet that Konami have their excuses for ready for PES15 saying its "our first next gen effort so PES16 will be great"

There was a time when I would never have even looked at Fifa and still wouldnt if PES was the game it should and couldve been. Been its been on the decline since PES2008 was released.

Plenty of market on this planet for more than one football game, especially for one with relatively low overhead, which I think PES has. I feel PES will be around for many more years especially if they simplify and improve the gameplay and greatly improve the editing mode.

Thanks for all the comments:

I do agree that VG charts is not the best source, but PES is in serious risk of "dying" since sales are decreasing anyway and the most important thing is that PES 2014 release has been a complete disaster as game, most of the people (forums, facebook, twitter, etc) is angry and most of us feel that Konami cheated on all the loyal fan base, raising expectations that game was next gen experience and the truth was that game is still a mediocre experience with still most of the old gameplay code.

What happens if most of the loyal fan base do not buy PES 2015 due to the really bad experience with current game? Probably the project might be canceled in a few years or by the end of next year due to the lack of sales.

As Jamezinho said if PES 2015 does not sell at all, then we can bet PES will be canceled or PES might keep existing but only on older platforms only.

I really hope Konami can fix the goalkeepers, make a responsive game again, make elegant menu´s, add different cameras to online games, etc, they need to make a 100% polished game by PES 2015.

But my biggest concern is that why Konami has not still solved the goalkeepers issue reported years ago?

Maybe they simply do not know how to fix them? If that is the reason, then they need to find new programmers or not sure what because PES is not winning fans each year is loosing fans each year, due to those terrible gameplay issues.....

most of us feel that Konami cheated on all the loyal fan base, raising expectations that game was next gen experience and the truth was that game is still a mediocre experience with still most of the old gameplay code.
How can a current gen game be a next gen experience? People's expectations are ridiculous sometimes.

How can a current gen game be a next gen experience? People's expectations are ridiculous sometimes.

Konami promised that, search Adam Bhatti's tweets and you will find that promise/expectation. Also remember that a near next gen experience might be based on a current platform, a company can code a new gameplay engine, Konami actually did that but partially, that was the BIG mistake, Konami actually also changed player models, etc

Konami is the ridiculous here Majuh for delivering such a mediocre, unpolished game, not the fan base. Remember as well that Konami did not truly deliver a Next Gen game for PS3 era, so fan base simply said, well finally at least with PES 2014, but no, still old annoying gameplay issues. That is why I bet 95% of fans are really dissapointed, based on all people reactions on forums, facebook, etc.

Not really sure how can we be happy with PES 2014 with all those same old mediocre gameplay issues, example I feel like a 10 year old kid when shooting inside the area with the goalkeepers reacting really bad...

Last edited:
Yeah but Konami promised that, remember that a next gen experience might be based on gameplay only, a company can code a new gameplay engine on a current platform, Konami actually did that but partially, that was the BIG mistake, Konami actually also improved player models, etc
No, KONAMI didn't promise anything. They just announced the game and people made stupid assumptions.

Apart from that, the feedback you read in forums like this is incredibly biased. It doesn't represent the average gamer at all.

No, KONAMI didn't promise anything. They just announced the game and people made stupid assumptions.

Apart from that, the feedback you read in forums like this is incredibly biased. It doesn't represent the average gamer at all.

Search Adam Bhatti's tweets and you will find that promise/expectation, so for you expecting a good/polished game, is a stupid assumption?

Last edited:
Search Adam Bhatti's tweets and you will find that promise/expectation, so for you expecting a good/polished game, is a stupid assumption?
Who cares about Adam Bhatti? Do you really think Average Joe is going to read his tweets to get more information about the game? It's an unofficial source and therefore to be taken with a grain of salt.

PES is dead. It's over. Fifa will rule this Gen just like they did last gen. PES is a laughing stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom