PES AI highlights

Bonano

League 1
2 July 2017
Copenhagen, DK
I guess most of us feel that the AI in PES 2020 leaves a bit to be desired. All the more jaw dropping when the AI actually pulls off a move making you think "where did that come from"?!

Inspired by @Paynekiller 's post in the general thread (see spoiler) I decided to make a thread for exactely those moments.

"Why?", you may ask. Well, I don't know... If it's to revel in what could have been or to wish for what might be in the future (as we do with PES anyway), I'll leave that up to you.

Without further ado I'll start this off with a scissor/bicycle kick by AI Benzema from a league game:

I encourage you all to share those little moments of magic the AI seldom produces - if you have any - whether it's a goal, a dribble, a passing move, a tackle or something I haven't even thought of.

Oh and btw, I think the thread should include AI moves from any PES ever as I'm sure the retro heads have some gems as well! That way this thread can also work as a sort of compilation of the best PES AI moves in history:RSCARF:

Moments like this from the AI is what PES2020 needs to make playing offline fun.

Thanks for your contributions @Paynekiller - good stuff. We don't see enough of those dribbles by top players!

I'll try to keep the thread alive with this AI volley goal by the soon to be champions of Denmark; FC Midtjylland:

Definately caught me off guard!

Thanks for your contributions @Paynekiller - good stuff. We don't see enough of those dribbles by top players!

I'll try to keep the thread alive with this AI volley goal by the soon to be champions of Denmark; FC Midtjylland:

Definately caught me off guard!
The. Most I've seen In Pes2020 is a few fake shots and body feints. Playing PES 2019 yesterday, I saw Ai players like Messi and neymar doing lots of cool things and causing problems for defenders.

I'll post a few more clips later today, unfortunately none from PES2020 because it's difficult to get the Ai from that game to do some cool things

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw a double touch followed by an immediate shot on goal in the Euro Cup the other day (will post it later on), but otherwise I haven't seen many skill moves by the AI in 2020.

Does the AI in 2019 still have that bug where they refuse to shoot on goal?

Does the AI in 2019 still have that bug where they refuse to shoot on goal?
I had totally forgotten about that!! Oh my God, the amount of times in 2019 that they get through 1-on-1 and then pass straight backwards to a marked midfielder, what a series this is, seriously...

The other thing I'd forgotten about 2019 is that A) the AI doesn't see defenders as an attacking threat and B) when the AI switches to a deep defensive line strategy, they practically line up next to the goalkeeper. I put 2019 on yesterday, and I could pass to my RB and run unopposed to the edge of the attacking area, as the opposition players literally ran away from me (parting like the red sea)... It was like they were practicing social distancing!

I had totally forgotten about that!! Oh my God, the amount of times in 2019 that they get through 1-on-1 and then pass straight backwards to a marked midfielder, what a series this is, seriously...

The other thing I'd forgotten about 2019 is that A) the AI doesn't see defenders as an attacking threat and B) when the AI switches to a deep defensive line strategy, they practically line up next to the goalkeeper. I put 2019 on yesterday, and I could pass to my RB and run unopposed to the edge of the attacking area, as the opposition players literally ran away from me (parting like the red sea)... It was like they were practicing social distancing!

I actually think they patched it. I don't remember it bothering me toward the end of the year (at least not the non-shooting thing), and I played it quite a bit. But even releasing it with stuff like that is a disgrace (although perhaps not unique for PES).
Also, 2019 seems to have gotten something of a renaissance now with some of the guys in here, so it can't be too prevalent anymore?

Iniesta's player ID shining against mine Atalanta. For as much as I criticized this edition, it still had some pretty damn good individuality in AI here and there.

Back
Top Bottom