eFootball (All Platforms)

There was, obviously, a global pandemic which complicated a lot, but I agree - one sure thing is that we will see the general direction of the game on next gen consoles and the crowd they will be targeting.
If AI is flat as a pancake - there wont be any sudden overhaul in the coming years.
Just "variety of minor adjustments to improve the overall gaming experience."
only reason im not confident with pes 2022 in regards to AI and especially a deep ML experience, i understand the global pandemic hit making it difficult but i wouldve assumed they could still make master league content at least whilst they are working from home but they somehow found a way to make 3 new managers and charged full price thats pretty much similar to last years game which tells me they do not care about the offline modes and eventually they will fade away which i guarantee will be similar with pes2022 so for people like me who love a deep master league and AI will have to move on as this game isnt catered for us anymore its gearing up to be the final nail in the coffin this year, i apologize to all if im being too negative i just see it how it is

Maybe you are a little too pessimistic, but I don't have too many illusions either. Fluidity and artificial intelligence are the key to a better game that makes the leap in quality. As for ML, if only they gave me the chance to do summer tournaments in ML I'd be happy already, but I don't know what they mean when they talk about news in ML and MyClub. Another thing: will they have inserted the stadium editor? But a proper editor, not the possibility of putting four tiers as in Pes13 ... From the last interview we understand that they are aiming for photorealism (on ps5) and not for hyper realistic football. I don't want to do the "bad luck" either, but all this silence from Konami I don't think is good ...

Ok, Adam was not responsible for doing development and programming, but to be honest, PES was good and the best, when He was not hired by Konami - coincidence? ;) :p

From my point of view, they should stop starting hype trains for nothing, just simply deliver a good PES, like they did back in the old days, 3 console Generation ago...
That is total bullshit. Adam wasn't part of the PES development at the time of PES 5 and PES 6. From then on it went all pear shaped. The decline had started long before Adam was working for Konami. The guy is hated here (and frankly, i don't understand why), but everybody deserves a fair 'trial'. What you write is not fair. I'm not saying that he is the right person (frankly i don't have any idea and i doubt if you can judge that) or not, but let's be fair and reasonable.

If i remember well Adam started just after PES 14 (or was it PES2014?)(wich was a good game, but released way too soon). Before that there were some catastrophically bad games ann Adam wasn't involved in these. HE was merely doing PR work. And yes he created a hype around bad games, but that was his job. What was he supposed to do, telling that those games were bad?

Last edited:
From then on it went all pear shaped. The decline had started long before Adam was working for Konami.
Sure enough. They bottled the move to PS3 big time (incidentally, when EA released some of their best FIFA games ever) and it costed them a lot.
It happened before Adam joined Konami, I agree.
The guy is hated here (and frankly, i don't understand why)
I think because he refused to acknowledge the "shortcomings" of the PS3 games on WENB. If I recall correctly, he wasn't welcome here anymore already before joining Konami because of how he saw PES 2008 and 2009... But it's been a long long time ago so I might be wrong.
I'm not saying that he is the right person (frankly i don't have any idea and i doubt if you can judge that) or not, but let's be fair and reasonable.
Well, to be fair... It's not like he could do anything else, once hired. His job was to promote the game (whether it was good or bad) and he did. Maybe he's not been polite enough? Probably. Maybe he lied? Well, it's a PR role. One would be fired if he went out and told the press/the potential buyers "the product on PC isn't by any means on par with what you'd expect in 2016 and we have no intention at all to make it better" so he had to make do. "Not really next-gen, a hybrid, wait and see it in motion".

All in all, even if I think Adam could have behaved better (especially before joining Konami) I can't really put the blame on him now for what he did as an employee.

Last edited:
That is total bullshit. Adam wasn't part of the PES development at the time of PES 5 and PES 6. From then on it went all pear shaped. The decline had started long before Adam was working for Konami. The guy is hated here (and frankly, i don't understand why), but everybody deserves a fair 'trial'. What you write is not fair. I'm not saying that he is the right person (frankly i don't have any idea and i doubt if you can judge that) or not, but let's be fair and reasonable.

If i remember well Adam started just after PES 14 (or was it PES2014?)(wich was a good game, but released way too soon). Before that there were some catastrophically bad games ann Adam wasn't involved in these. HE was merely doing PR work. And yes he created a hype around bad games, but that was his job. What was he supposed to do, telling that those games were bad?
I understand what you are saying, but I think it is more about the treatment of the community (rather contempt in some cases) rather than the bad influence it may or may not have on the development of the game.
It´s my opinion,
Cheers

I know a lot of people consider the number of licensed teams, stadiums and competition as a measure of how good PES will be, and I may go against the grain here, but I really hope KONAMI decides to break the habits and focus more on the game engine rather than the contents.
PES proved it had huge support from the modding community over the years and the lack of contents isn't in fact a issue. Imagine if KONAMI releases a freaking good gameplay engine and a lot of tools to add/customise contents: the possibilities and longevity of the game could be infinite. Then they could officially add contents themselfs via DLC updates. So each time they adds a league, stadiums or whatever they can update the title this way. Even the 2023 and so on seasons could be added separately through a paid DLC rather than publishing a whole new game.

I personally enjoyed PES 2021, gameplay wise. But one thing that annoys me is the lack of a major change on the ML. As people already stated before, it's like they don't care about the offline modes. I want the ML to blow me away, like it did during PES3-6. Konami needs to make a big upgrade on this mode, is the one most people love in PES (as far I know, myClub have quite some fans, but nothing like the ML).

I just hope PES 2022 delivers on both, gameplay and ML. And if they can make Be a Legend a more appealing mode, it would be more than welcome (played it during PES 2009, but not much more after that).

I don't really understand when people say "Konami screwed up when switching to PS3/xb360"
Or "Pes 4-5-6 had the best ML"
Yeah that was great,but to me the best Pes ML were 12+13.
Content wise, absolutely 13 (with 15+16 )

Gameplay,3-4-5-6,but to me the Pes PS3/Xbox era produced some of the best games/content of them all with Pes 11-12-13.

The PS4/Xbox one era produced a very good 17 and a good 18,that's pretty much it.
So looking back history wise,I'm very sceptical tw what's coming.
The only silver lining up front is the new engine,the rest?.
Who knows.

This has a football bit in it at 0:14. Could be CGI, could be pes footage. Fifa does stuff with sony so it's not them.

Small thing, but I want the early ML lineup back (Castolo, Minanda, Eddington etc), perhaps as part of a 20 year edition? Would ne a nice nod to the longterm players.

I am currently trying to get some foothold in ML with the default lineup on Superstar level (both physically and emotionally the most draining and frustrating experience in my gaming life) and I cannot seem to get a connection to these „newer“ players.

I don't really understand when people say "Konami screwed up when switching to PS3/xb360"
[...]
Yeah that was great,but to me the best Pes ML were 12+13.
I'm one of those thinking that they bottled the move to PS3 (not saying that the entire generation was bad, of course) and I still believe that PES 2008 and 2009 were better on PS2 than on PS3. PS2 games may not have had the same graphics (not that the early PS3 graphics were good anyway) but at least they weren't as clunky and often frustrating as the early PS3 games were.
Things started to get a little better with PES 2010 to me, even if the leap forward to try and reduce the gap from FIFA was only made with PES 2011 (and then 2012, which was a very good game all in all which I kinda snubbed at the beginning but which I re-evaluated down the line).
And I agree: 2013 in terms of content was the most complete one of its generation (it only missed ACL, or at least some Asian team, to be the perfect game content-wise).

this is a joke right
Not a joke, apparently they're doing it for real.
But I would have made it big enough to host a PS4 Pro. That would have been proper banter.

Small thing, but I want the early ML lineup back (Castolo, Minanda, Eddington etc), perhaps as part of a 20 year edition? Would ne a nice nod to the longterm players.

I am currently trying to get some foothold in ML with the default lineup on Superstar level (both physically and emotionally the most draining and frustrating experience in my gaming life) and I cannot seem to get a connection to these „newer“ players.
Why is everyone always forgetting about Pavia and the guys? 😢
Of course I started playing ML with the formation you posted (Ivarov, Castolo, Minanda and such) so they're the ones I'm most tied to, too.

Ideally, we should have different ML teams for different nations (as opposed to what happens now that we have them for continents IIRC).
I mean, if you started the ML with an Italian team, starting from D2/Serie B... You'd hardly have 20 foreign players and 3 Italian ones in your lineup.
It should be the other way round.
ML with an Italian team? 15 Italian players, 5 foreigners from Europe, 3 foreigners from ROW.
ML with an English team? 15 British (even better, English) players, 5 foreigners from Europe, 3 foreigners from ROW.
Something like that.

Last edited:
i understand the global pandemic hit making it difficult but i wouldve assumed they could still make master league content at least whilst they are working from home
It's not super hard to work from home on this stuff, once you have the right software and security in place. A friend of mine works for a VFX company which does stuff for films, Netflix shows etc., and he just connects to his work computer over a secure VPN and streams it. So even if you don't have the horsepower at home to do intensive work, you can do it from afar.
Another thing: will they have inserted the stadium editor? But a proper editor, not the possibility of putting four tiers as in Pes13
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's been known for some years now that the stadium editor was canned because of copyright threats. The issue with the editor is having the building blocks as assets in the game, which in combination can make an image that is copyrighted. Fundamentally different from kits which are externally loaded into the game.

It's not super hard to work from home on this stuff, once you have the right software and security in place. A friend of mine works for a VFX company which does stuff for films, Netflix shows etc., and he just connects to his work computer over a secure VPN and streams it. So even if you don't have the horsepower at home to do intensive work, you can do it from afar.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's been known for some years now that the stadium editor was canned because of copyright threats. The issue with the editor is having the building blocks as assets in the game, which in combination can make an image that is copyrighted. Fundamentally different from kits which are externally loaded into the game.
so if we had an online hub with stadium creator (like its up for the kits @pesmater.com ) and we'd import them...!? would that work?

I believe the stadium editor was scrapped because Konami was able to ascertain that not enough players bothered with the mod to justify porting it over to PES 2014.

As for copyright, The existing stadium editors in 2011 - 2013 were made up of generic parts anyway so you couldn't make something that explicitly looked like a unique, real world stadium.

And I agree: 2013 in terms of content was the most complete one of its generation (it only missed ACL, or at least some Asian team, to be the perfect game content-wise).
League mode was also (absurdly) absent 🤦‍♂️

League was absent and ML (while still very fun) watered down compared with 10, 11 and 12. I think the latter was the more complete.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's been known for some years now that the stadium editor was canned because of copyright threats. The issue with the editor is having the building blocks as assets in the game, which in combination can make an image that is copyrighted
Yes, you are correct..
Which still, to this day, is something I cant understand.
I said it before - following this logic - crayons should be banned, coz you can draw coca-cola, or any other logo with them... lego should be banned, coz you can build a copy of pretty much any building...
I dont think we were given all the informations as to why stadium creator was removed. Surely simple blocks that you could use to build a stadium cant be illegal...?

I still believe that PES 2008 and 2009 were better on PS2 than on PS3
I agree 100% this was the time that i (with regret) ditched my PS2 for PC and i found the same thing. 2008 on PC was a disgrace! 2009 slightly better as i

remember, but nothing compared to the PS2 version. I remember going to my mates house, and playing 2008 PL1 V PL2 and it was as good as ever, from pes 5 to 6.

Bought Pes 2009 used around 2012-13 since I pretty much only played Pes 6+11 back then,and it was horrible on current gen then (Xbox 360 for me)
Though the cheapest game I've bought ever (for a reason) gave 5 swedish kronor (.40€)

Totally agree on 8+9 being shite on current gen back then

Yes, you are correct..
Which still, to this day, is something I cant understand.
I said it before - following this logic - crayons should be banned, coz you can draw coca-cola, or any other logo with them... lego should be banned, coz you can build a copy of pretty much any building...
I dont think we were given all the informations as to why stadium creator was removed. Surely simple blocks that you could use to build a stadium cant be illegal...?
Agreed. This copyright stuff is bullshit. Unless Konami itself adds content that violates, they're not in trouble. Almost every sports franchise other than fifa has creations. WWE 2k used to have a paint tool, now you can straight up import images. That is way more specific.

Agreed. This copyright stuff is bullshit. Unless Konami itself adds content that violates, they're not in trouble. Almost every sports franchise other than fifa has creations. WWE 2k used to have a paint tool, now you can straight up import images. That is way more specific.
100%.
I remember some people were also saying that it had to be removed coz it was a tool that you could use "in game"
But that also doesnt convince me.
They have option to create your own player in game. Surely someone tallented can make all sorts of copyright violating players.
So yeah - looks more like an excuse, rather than real issue to me..

Back
Top Bottom