eFootball (All Platforms)

Will be interesting to see if the quality of trailers takes a dip.

I feel like they under-utilised him really. How many videos did he ultimately produce for them? Unless I've missed them, it only feels like a few.
exactly my feeling too... and not a good one!

@Jimi_Zuko those guys leaving could be a total natural flow of a company doing business, but i have no clue. it stinks a bit, when weedens is leaving so "soon", imo!
i feel, he never reached the quality of his videos before konami, when he was working for them.
its all weird with konami, a lot of times! oh that company... :BOUNCE:

edit: one day, one evo-web member will write a book. it will be about konami, football video games and how that all evolved...

title: "Loosing Eleven - the rise and fall of videogame empire"
;)

edit: sorry! couldnt stop myself... ;)
Winning Eleven - Loosing Millions "the story of a football videogame"
Pachinko before dawn - "putting the pitch upside down"
Marbles for Balls - "when football became pinball"

Last edited:

@Jimi_Zuko those guys leaving could be a total natural flow of a company doing business, but i have no clue. it stinks a bit, when weedens is leaving so "soon", imo!
i feel, he never reached the quality of his videos before konami, when he was working for them.

edit: one day, one evo-web member will write a book. it will be about konami, football video games and how that all evolved...

;)

edit: sorry! ;)
This years game will say it all given that they have had 2 yrs to make there’s zero excuses for this one, we will know with this one which crowds they are targeting and which ones they don’t care about[

This years game will say it all given that they have had 2 yrs to make there’s zero excuses for this one, we will know with this one which crowds they are targeting and which ones they don’t care about[
There was, obviously, a global pandemic which complicated a lot, but I agree - one sure thing is that we will see the general direction of the game on next gen consoles and the crowd they will be targeting.
If AI is flat as a pancake - there wont be any sudden overhaul in the coming years.
Just "variety of minor adjustments to improve the overall gaming experience."

as well as asim and bhatti moving on says alot to me of whats happening in terms of pes progressing

Adam is still there, just doing more than PES itself. Anyways, weedens and Asim leaving means absolutely nothing in terms of game quality if you ask me. Of course, we could use high quality trailers from Weedens but Asim and Bhatti were the hype train railwaymen mostly

Adam is still there, just doing more than PES itself. Anyways, weedens and Asim leaving means absolutely nothing in terms of game quality if you ask me. Of course, we could use high quality trailers from Weedens but Asim and Bhatti were the hype train railwaymen mostly
The way I see it Adam and asim were trying to get the message across to what we wanted in the game and honestly thought after 2017 that the game was gonna progress but instead halted and in some ways backwards the message wasn’t getting across and now that they have moved on kind of tells me that Konami don’t wanna hear what we would love in the game and they give out these bullshit meaningless surveys to pretend they listen also when there main focuses every year at the start of promoting the game are on player models, way the hair moves and boots tells me they are gonna sugar coat all the underlying issues again that have been in the game for years, very small example is tackling and AI I won’t say more cos we all know what they are, weeden is a loss cos his presentations were amazing.

reading this forum every day, especially looking for news about next pes game and to be honest I haven't seen so much negativity about anything in my life, anything that even isn't existing! no trailers, no infos, nothing and game was already bad for most of members here. I know the wish and all screwing that Konami has served to us but please judge the game after release for god sake! Weedens was awesome guy and he knew what he is doing but no one is irreplacable. Adam and Asim were never right guys for the job if if you ask me, especially Adam but that's past now. Please don't made this awesome forum to be place where negativity shines. I know someone will say don't read it if you don't like it but there are awesome people here that I appreciate even if I don't know them personally! Let's see what new pes will bring. Have a good evening everyone :)

reading this forum every day, especially looking for news about next pes game and to be honest I haven't seen so much negativity about anything in my life, anything that even isn't existing! no trailers, no infos, nothing and game was already bad for most of members here. I know the wish and all screwing that Konami has served to us but please judge the game after release for god sake! Weedens was awesome guy and he knew what he is doing but no one is irreplacable. Adam and Asim were never right guys for the job if if you ask me, especially Adam but that's past now. Please don't made this awesome forum to be place where negativity shines. I know someone will say don't read it if you don't like it but there are awesome people here that I appreciate even if I don't know them personally! Let's see what new pes will bring. Have a good evening everyone :)
Ok, Adam was not responsible for doing development and programming, but to be honest, PES was good and the best, when He was not hired by Konami - coincidence? ;) :p

From my point of view, they should stop starting hype trains for nothing, just simply deliver a good PES, like they did back in the old days, 3 console Generation ago...

What do you propose then, locking this thread until the game releases then because you don't feel people should be critical of something?

There's not even anything overly negative or toxic over the last couple of pages so I don't understand the complaint 😂

Yep no Konami hype is needed i think, the living example is the past few pages recently.

Pq5BKvk.gif

mSXEazQ.gif

What do you propose then, locking this thread until the game releases then because you don't feel people should be critical of something?

There's not even anything overly negative or toxic over the last couple of pages so I don't understand the complaint 😂
just be more realistic and made no judgements before game is released. I know the history of pes like many members here but let's give them space and see what will they deliver :)

;)

edit: sorry! couldnt stop myself... ;)
If that ever happens, I hope Gaming Historian does it. I really like his YouTube videos.

They have a good opportunity to make a return this year and remind football fans why they were once THE best football game, so it can go two ways... either hit a home run or completely bottle it.

the hiring of adam bhatti was the clear sign of konami hitting rock bottom.
Give the guy a break man. I know he's done questionable stuff but this is just plain rude. I mean, if I was in his spot, I'd be doing worse. Dealing with other departments, especially if they speak another language, it sometimes makes you miserable.

Give the guy a break man. I know he's done questionable stuff but this is just plain rude. I mean, if I was in his spot, I'd be doing worse. Dealing with other departments, especially if they speak another language, it sometimes makes you miserable.
He blocked me after I asked him about missing features like Stadium Creator in the newer PES games

He blocked me after I asked him about missing features like Stadium Creator in the newer PES games
It's not as simple as it looks. Here's an example,
Let's say atleast twice a month, Adam's asked about the stadium creator. He asks the dev team about it, they do not answer, or rather say no. Obviously he's not incharge of development. If he tells you it's not gonna be possible, bad PR, potential loss in sales. If he tells the truth and puts the spotlight on the dev team, he's fired. If he's coy about it, he gets flamed everywhere.

Devil's game, only way to win is to not play.

My issue with Adam is he refused to recognise glaring issues. Pes 18 I think had almost zero fouls and on Twitter he wouldn't have it . So I posted several after match stat screens showing zero fouls and asked him to do the same , just show some numbers. Obviously he didn't

My issue with Adam is he refused to recognise glaring issues. Pes 18 I think had almost zero fouls and on Twitter he wouldn't have it . So I posted several after match stat screens showing zero fouls and asked him to do the same , just show some numbers. Obviously he didn't
Bingo, zero self criticism is terrible for everyone, and PES suffered a lot for it.

Bingo, zero self criticism is terrible for everyone, and PES suffered a lot for it.
They can’t communivate like this: “yeah our game has issues and lacks this anf that”, impossible in a professional environment to do this
However, just hope that Unreal engine transforms the current gameplay even if its a little
Let just hope that there is no script like the PES 2020 demo, which is - for me - the ultimate proof that a great gameplay on FOX engine is possible if only they hadn’t change it for the release

He did the same two years back, between the 2020 demo and the full game, pretty much. People were pointing out to him the issues with physicality. He finally gets round to playing it and posts a clip and says "What? No physicality?! What's this then?" and shows a tussle for the ball. (The complaint wasn't that there aren't tussles, it's that players could legitimately rugby tackle each other all over the pitch, easily, and without the ref blinking an eye.)

BUT. It's really not, and so far as I'm aware never has been, Adam's job to sort out PES players' issues with the gameplay, or get commitments from the dev team to fix stuff. What was his title when he was doing specifically PES work? English Brand Ambassador or something like that? I can't recall. But it's always been marketing-related.

Adam was a hype man. We found him a little tiring because often the hype at E3 interviews etc failed to match up to the game experience (often laughably so). But he did his job as a hype man.

The complicating factor is that he originally came from the fanbase, and always wanted to maintain a connection to the fans (Asim similarly so, though it was also his job to be in touch with the fans – through official channels at least). That meant, ultimately, Adam I think felt responsible to the fanbase and responsible to his employer. So he would engage with fans on Twitter, but when negative stuff came up, tended to pull back or not address it, because that's not what someone in his position is supposed to do.

It doesn't have to be like that with all organisations, and with all "brand management". But it's worth stressing that we shouldn't individualise this issue. Whatever you think of Adam, Konami as a company are terrible at this stuff. There have been many reports of awful corporate culture. The relationship between their English-speaking reps and the PES playerbase was poisoned chiefly by how that culture operates.

If someone isn't good at communicating with the fans, it could be because the company gave up on taking the playerbase's voices seriously years ago, instead sending out individual employees to brave the complaints. Or even if it's a case of someone not doing their job well, it's then up to those in the company around that person to say: "actually, we want to address these issues, in this way..." Do you think Konami was helping any of their reps at any point? I seriously doubt it.

Pointing the finger at individuals is, for the most part, pretty silly and lets the company off the hook.

For all romantics/positive outlook guys in here,what signs have you seen to make you believe it's going to be a good Pes 2022?
And i should clarify,not being an ass,just want to know what you think,based on previous games.
I’ll take the bait.

I’m excited for the new engine big time.
I quite enjoy 21. I play offline now and again. A bit of Online divisions and team play. These can all be reasonably fun, The latter being my favourite with a decent group.
But as far as I’m concerned, when you play exhibition match the game is glorious. I really like the way the devs try to replicate the game of football.
I always have.
It’s why I’m here writing this message haha
But it ends there for me this year. In exhibition mode. And every other mode feels a little bit different due to team spirit and other handicapping. Call it what you want. There’s something shady going on under the hood. Which we’ve all experienced at some point or another.

Take THAT out, and 21 would be one of the greatest for me. But every single mode on superstar is a slog. A drag. A tiring, energy draining, enthusiasm battering drag. And two or 3 games into my 18th master league restart of the season and I’m done. Back in the day PES = MASTER LEAGUE but I find it unplayable these days. So sad.

But exhibition, man.

Whatever is hard coded or built or written or whatever into that mode is absolutely great. It just plays so smooth and responsive and always feels fair to me. And thus the football you can play is so rewarding. But it’s a friendly at the end of the day 😴

For instance, I just played some France v Germany getting in the mood. Germany play quite a high line. I oberhit a manual pass into the channel and mbappe, I shit you not, made up 10 yards in the foot race with the defender AND I got around him AND got the ball and went on to score. I know for a fact in master league that’s just not happening.

I digress.

Anyway, if they replicate the way the football is currently played, when it’s fair and smooth, and continue to perfect the weight of passing etc and improve on the ai, I really do trust them to make a decent football game.

I’m one of the people that loved the direction of 14 for instance. And that was buggy as hell and awful in places but It still had that PES 'feel'. They’ve tried new things here and there but IMO they seem to have a philosophy about passing and momentum and inertia and weight that they’ve always had in every iteration.
Maybe it’s the way I play. Over passing. And switching and attempting to beat the man on the wing as often as possible. I find these things fun in the game and they’re replicated so gorgeously at times.
I genuinely do trust them.
Lock me up 😂

Back
Top Bottom