eFootball (All Platforms)

Obviously agree with many of those priorities. I think one of my own most sought after changes is a complete overhaul of how tactics work. So no more advanced instructions, for one thing. But also a simplified system. Currently we have player styles, attributes that affect positioning (offensive awareness, etc), positions (C, B, A), player skills, tactical settings, inspire attributes, and more.

So many messy moments on the pitch are caused by these conflicting, as well as being so unclear to the user that you can't really tell what has priority.

The other big thing for me is the midfield, and the near total lack of midfield gameplay.

Other than that, I hope they keep supporting FUMA, and allowing people to use BALs in the team play lobby. As well as exporting team data from ML. Otherwise, the places I play PES would die overnight.
I think the tactics are a good thing. They make you experiment the tactics with different positions and advanced instructions. If a manager gets it right, the team performs solid on the field. A lack of homework by the manager can be futile or prove to be a really big mistake the opponents can easily exploit. One thing Konami can do is to market the features they have in their game well enough so that the player base has a grip of it to mix and match certain tactics to provide a more diverse field setting and each game will play out differently based on those tweaks. Konami have always shot themselves on their foot by not advertising the good things in their game apart from license.

I think the tactics are a good thing. They make you experiment the tactics with different positions and advanced instructions. If a manager gets it right, the team performs solid on the field. A lack of homework by the manager can be futile or prove to be a really big mistake the opponents can easily exploit. One thing Konami can do is to market the features they have in their game well enough so that the player base has a grip of it to mix and match certain tactics to provide a more diverse field setting and each game will play out differently based on those tweaks. Konami have always shot themselves on their foot by not advertising the good things in their game apart from license.
That's interesting you actually like the current systems. I mean, I agree that some aspects are good – it's more how they are combined that is the issue for me. I also agree that the advertising/educating is really bad.

Just so I'm clearer about the problem though: it's not a case of gamers not being good enough or informed enough. It's a case of the systems together being incoherent and causing on-pitch issues.

You have probably seen when you go to pass to a player, but he suddenly drops back even though he's in acres of space – that's normally something to do with a player role (Anchor Man e.g.), or gameplan position, or a lack of offensive awareness. It can be far too rigid, where in real life, players will be more adventurous in spite of their official position and take the ball on, even if only to lay it off. Players on the pitch are often not responsive to the ball or to the other players around them, and part of this is caused by tactical settings (by which I mean the whole range I listed above) taking priority over "common sense".

Or to take another example – Matt10L used to write about this a bit – sometimes you have the advanced instructions override player stats and abilities, and render players empty copies of each other. Take a tall, slow CF who has low aggression, low def awareness, average physical strength, low ball winning; suddenly switch on gegenpress or have FLP/AGG in the tactical settings, and he's able to efficiently press along with the other team members. Whereas what you really want here is a melding of the two systems which shows the end user (the gamer) what they need to improve: you can't tell Crouch to just press like that, he'll be slow and won't win the ball and the shape up top for counters is destroyed. That's if he tries; would be even better if he didn't try because he was ill-suited to that instruction, which meant the press missed a man and gave too much space for the opposition players. Again, forcing you to learn, forcing you to adapt.

The current game doesn't do any of this. Some tactical systems have priority over others; it's not consistent what those are; and the stats don't drive enough of the gameplay or force you to adapt your tactics.

Yeah,I do feel that the form arrow,if you have a team that everyone is in good form but the TS is low pretty much screws it up.
Doesn't matter if your players are in tip top shape,you know they'll play bad/sluggish etc.

The exhibition games and league mode Vs ML the s no ght and day (no TS in exhibition and League mode)

My beef with Team Spirit is that it affects physical attributes. Playing your back up right back shouldn't make your right winger go from Babangida to Captain Tom.

What I mentioned here before probably was a more straightforward league (1v1), which caters to Xbox too. But obviously you have to deal with PES annoyances like that. The 11s thing is relatively new to me (I tried out a year or two ago, but didn't really have the time for it). I don't know what prospects there are for Xbox-based leagues.

I really hope the new generation of Xbox consoles allows image uploading in some capacity. It really comes into its own with custom league setups like WAPES (playstation based). So each squad has its own custom kits and logos, and the league itself has a logo that we place on team kits. Then we flash an option file so everyone can see all the other teams kits. And then playing with customised BALs too – it's a very unique online experience.
Yeah fingers crossed for image import.
Weird thing is that I can set my Xbox (with an app) to Dev mode,meaning that I'm actually a game developer and that allows me to run games with a Emulator, SNES/N64/PS/PS2,so it's already open to "piracy" from Xbox themselves.

I can imagine that playing 11v11 is an absolute dream if you play in a league with like-minded.

sorry guys maybe this has already been said .. do you know what are the recommended PC requirements for Pes 2022? thank you

sorry guys maybe this has already been said .. do you know what are the recommended PC requirements for Pes 2022? thank you
I think that information might not be known for quite a while yet. Couple of months maybe. (Just a guess)
That said: if they release a cross-gen compatible version this year (i.e. plays on PS4 and Xbox One) then I would take that as a cue that the sort of minimum requirements previously specified for PES 2020/2021 would carry over.

I can see it now 🤔☁️…

“The development team has been excessively overhauling various elements of the 'on the field' action in the last 12 months. In this video, we’d like to showcase the infinite amounts of variables we’ve concocted to finer shrink the margin between the worlds best and worst players of PES. Having been on the receiving end of 8 nil drubbings regularly between pes 2011-2016 we found it imperative that we take as much of the control as possible from the user as it is highly detrimental to the growth and bastardisation of the eFootball community….”

Yh … i don’t really wanna know tbh 😒

One thing in the age of remakes,games/movies and series.
So fucking boring that they don't do it for Pes games (I know licence's etc).
Imagine a remake and a properly done Pes 14,I'd probably drool over that more than Pes 2022
Sorry if OT,got carried away when I saw @Ameppe video

Last edited:
Guys please don't misunderstud me. But We have a retro pes thread and every time I click the link to this thread I hope finally to see something news about 2022, like we all I would think. And yea it is a little bit sad to see this.

I don't talk like a wanna be mod/admin. I talk as a customer who want to play a really good virtual football game that is up to date.

Or can we make a for example pes2022 news thread that open from a mod/admin he or all admins post only news from the game in this thread and have it still locked and pinned?

What do you think?

In love and sory for my bad english.

Guys please don't misunderstud me. But We have a retro pes thread and every time I click the link to this thread I hope finally to see something news about 2022, like we all I would think. And yea it is a little bit sad to see this.

I don't talk like a wanna be mod/admin. I talk as a customer who want to play a really good virtual football game that is up to date.

Or can we make a for example pes2022 news thread that open from a mod/admin he or all admins post only news from the game in this thread and have it still locked and pinned?

What do you think?

There is no news about Pes22.
You cant blame people for discussing the past and their wishes and hopes for future.
There is nothing else to discuss.

Im sure if Konami start posting some proper news - they will be here.

There is no news about Pes22.
You cant blame people for discussing the past and their wishes and hopes for future.
There is nothing else to discuss.

Im sure if Konami start posting some proper news - they will be here.
Yea I know there is still no news, but I think they will come.

And for news from Pes2022 could we, you or other admin make a seperated thread only for news and here we can discuss about Pes?

Yea I know there is still no news, but I think they will come.

And for news from Pes2022 could we, you or other admin make a seperated thread only for news and here we can discuss about Pes?
My personal answer is - no.
Konami is your official source of "news".
This site is for people to discuss Pes.

But you can raise your concerns with the admins.

Reactions: Tom

What do you think?

I’ll put the news in the first 2 comments of this thread. Just have a look and click the sound file! :)

I miss Jon Murphy. He was a good lad.

Also, hi everybody! I stopped lurking and finally joined the forum. Being a PES fan since the PSX era, this feels like home.
Welcome mate. Hope you enjoy it here :)

What do you think?

I definitely understand 😅 We go through this cycle every year.

My personal answer is - no.
Konami is your official source of "news".
This site is for people to discuss Pes.

But you can raise your concerns with the admins.
tenor.gif

We did have news only threads in the past though, just to make things easier for some people. It's a lot more organised and easier to read.

Last edited:
My only wishlist, which is also my yearly rut, is a ML campaign where you start as a Sunday league side your parents and neighbors come to see your team play on the local ground, and slowly work your way to UCL glory.
Well, it sounds more like a game mode in Dream League Soccer or Score hero although I'm a big fan of your idea.
But let's put it on paper: you will not play on beginner, you will not use any ML money tool, you will not buy players who would not make sens for the team (Imagine Harry Kane playing for Dagenham & Redbridge), you will have at least four divisions to promote from with the possibility to fail winning the promotion.All of that without the fact that when you promote to the final league, you will struggle to the bones to at least survive in the league for some more seasons. The result? All the fun you had in the first three four seasons will be utterly gone.

Lygaard

Before - Senior Director - Brand & Business Development

After - Senior Director - Football, Sales & Marketing

https://www.linkedin.com/in/lygaard/
the details read perfectly...
BRAND & MARKETING:
• Leading the development of innovative brand and marketing plans
• In-depth knowledge of digital, online and social media
• Using data and analytics to execute and evaluate on campaigns and activities
- Definition of leading (Entry 1 of 2)
1 : coming or ranking first : foremost
2 : exercising leadership
3 : providing direction or guidance a leading question
4 : given most prominent display the leading story
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/leading
:THINK:

- what about the customer?!

- a lot of surveys (edit: and shoes), yeah...

...but i just cant put them in perspective, when thinking about PES!

Lygaard

Before - Senior Director - Brand & Business Development

After - Senior Director - Football, Sales & Marketing

https://www.linkedin.com/in/lygaard/

the details read perfectly...

- Definition of leading (Entry 1 of 2)
1 : coming or ranking first : foremost
2 : exercising leadership
3 : providing direction or guidance a leading question
4 : given most prominent display the leading story
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/leading

- what about the customer?!

- a lot of surveys (edit: and shoes), yeah...

...but i just cant put them in perspective, when thinking about PES!
Far be it from me to defend marketing or advertising – to the extent they are necessary, they are necessary evils, and often not necessary at all...

But: I don't think people should conflate what Lygaard does on his personal Twitter account (which has no info about Konami or PES in the bio) and what he does as an employee of Konami.

If he's behind their marketing campaigns, then the apt subject of criticism is, e.g., how they release info, how often they do, and what they release. So you have to look to the official channels of communication, as well as other engagements with the gaming press, etc. Also looking at the partnership deals signed, the presence of their logos in other places etc etc.

The fact he's a tease and a joker on his personal account is kinda irrelevant to appraising how good he is at doing his marketing role. Though you could say that the fact he inspires feverish guesswork from some sectors of the PES playerbase and ire from other sectors is evidence that he knows how to generate interest and chatter.

Far be it from me to defend marketing or advertising – to the extent they are necessary, they are necessary evils, and often not necessary at all...

But: I don't think people should conflate what Lygaard does on his personal Twitter account (which has no info about Konami or PES in the bio) and what he does as an employee of Konami.

If he's behind their marketing campaigns, then the apt subject of criticism is, e.g., how they release info, how often they do, and what they release. So you have to look to the official channels of communication, as well as other engagements with the gaming press, etc. Also looking at the partnership deals signed, the presence of their logos in other places etc etc.

The fact he's a tease and a joker on his personal account is kinda irrelevant to appraising how good he is at doing his marketing role. Though you could say that the fact he inspires feverish guesswork from some sectors of the PES playerbase and ire from other sectors is evidence that he knows how to generate interest and chatter.
got you and have to agree! i let myself go a bit here... sorry.
we had the same with the "shisha guy" and his official role vs. his personal (hermaphrodite) twitter account! ;)
personally, i end this topic here! :BYE:

Weedens leaves Konami

There was at least one consistently good thing about Pes marketing, Pes trailers made by Weedens. Ah well, it seems that Konami doesn't really care about marketing its game.

Weedens leaves Konami

There was at least one consistently good thing about Pes marketing, Pes trailers made by Weedens. Ah well, it seems that Konami doesn't really care about marketing its game.
Will be interesting to see if the quality of trailers takes a dip.

I feel like they under-utilised him really. How many videos did he ultimately produce for them? Unless I've missed them, it only feels like a few.

Will be interesting to see if the quality of trailers takes a dip.

I feel like they under-utilised him really. How many videos did he ultimately produce for them? Unless I've missed them, it only feels like a few.
I think all of these Iconic Moments players?

My only wishlist, which is also my yearly rut, is a ML campaign where you start as a Sunday league side your parents and neighbors come to see your team play on the local ground, and slowly work your way to UCL glory.
Actually what's realistic for me is playing on asphalt with stones or shoes/slippers for goal posts and soda cans for balls.

Then later upgrade to cheap rubber balls that burn your skin when you're hit with a powerful shot.

Even playing with tennis balls was a great upgrade. I used to take my dad's tennis balls without telling him.

Them days 🤣

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom