eFootball (All Platforms)

Interesting ... I find it very difficult to migrate PES 22 to Unreal Engine 5.
This guide focuses on UE5EA, which aims specifically at developers who are interested in exploring UE5's features and capabilities as they prototype next-generation games. This Early Access build is not considered production-ready, so we do not recommend it for teams working on live games or games in late stages of development. UE5EA is best suited for game development projects in pre-production or prototyping phases who want to work with the most advanced tools available, and are prepared to make the conversion to UE5 5.0 in 2022. For non-game developers, we recommend UE4 4.27, scheduled for release this summer, before moving to UE5 5.0 in 2022.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/5.0/en-US/MigrationGuide/

Something that this game needs desperately is positional and situational awareness. The players demonstrate no footballing intelligence.

Some example of what I mean:
- the way their first instinct after losing the ball is to retreat to their fixed position, regardless of the situation of play.
- the way defenders refuse to get in front of strikers (I try to do it myself but player switching is a mess), a massive contributor to the bypassing of midfield play.
- the way players freeze after getting tackled, especially in dangerous areas where they should show urgency.
- the way they deliberately avoid cutting passing lanes, you can't cut them alone as they will move back to whence they came as soon as you switch to another player.

Movement off the ball is a mess in general, with players that hint at passes and then either:
- go back into hiding as soon as you pass it
- seem surprised that you passed it and get caught on their heels

Surely these issues are more pronounced for FUMA players, but they're there nonetheless.

There are many more examples, but these are just a few that came to mind after hours and hours of modding PES 2021 this last couple of days before playing one game and switching it off halfway through due to sheer boredom/frustration.

Everything you said is spot on, I'd like to add the moments when two of your defensive players run and collide with each other, having no awareness of their surroundings. I lost the count of how many swear words I threw whenever it happens to me :LMAO:

Last edited:
Everything you said is spot on, I'd like to add the moments when two of your defensive players run and collide with into each other, having no awareness of their surroundings. I lost the count of how many swear words I threw whenever it happens to me :LMAO:
:LMAO:

You've just reminded me of a few others. That one teammate that stands in the way of a pass and just lets the ball hit him, the other one that doesn't realise that he has to run onto the ball and sticks back a leg or the other one that makes a good run but needs to interrupt it and come to a halt as soon as you play him on...

I'm a sucker for good graphics but if they don't fix these issues, what's the point?

Fingers crossed they do, and more! Ultimately, I just hope it's fun.

Damn, This game is going to be 10 years old soon. Just think about that and how different the world was. Social media no where near as narcissistic and poisonous as it is now by comparison, Game devs didn't have the pressure of maintaining an online presence like they do now and churn out the amount of promotional content and YouTube videos they do now arguably giving us too much of the game it kind of compromises the excitement and anticipation and finally that acceptance that we're not expecting photo realism from our games, we want something recognizable in the functional sense.

PES 2012 was great game then and holds up very well today. Interesting to see Konami acknowledging the flaws of the previous game and demonstrating their self aware of their faults, our frustrations and strived to fixed them.

Nowadays we get the often satired "various gameplay fixes" after thought when it comes to patch notes.

Its mental. I had to block this guy so I didnt get annoyed on twitter. Sits in a cave for most of the year and then jumps out to... i dont even know what he does. its not even an attempt to hype the game... its just childish trolling.

Since I pretty much gave up on football games and started playing other ones - I have seen and engaged with a lot of other communities.
And I tell you - its quite amazing to see the other side. Some of the communities are there, like us, complaining about direction that A game took, bugs, issues and lack of communication from developers. But this "lack of communication" is something you cant even compare to Konami.
How many times I wanted to tell them
- Lads, you have no idea what lack of communication looks like...
Other games developers engage with communities, answer their DMs, publish road maps for incoming months, detailed patch notes... its a different world out there.

And we have a bloke who puts pictures of his shoes... :LOL:
Its laughable. And pathetic.
If they at least did a feedback project, like WWE2K devs..

That Lygaard guy is lame. I don't even find him funny, just flat out annoying. Joke is on whoever still follows him in search for true insights, I guess. At this point I don't care much if anything for 2022, so I understand people desperate for it would probably go as far as to cling to the socks of a random asshole on twitter to daydream a bit. It sounds a bit ridiculous, but who am I to judge after all.

By the way, I generally stopped caring for pseudo promoters and similar figures long ago. It's clear Konami collect their true feedbacks by other means, while direct requests to this kind of medias, no matter how well thought or proposed, just gets more or less ignored.

And then there's this EA/Fifa "community" guy who's been tweeting all year long about the Brazilian big brother in Portuguese, but now that the next game is getting closer, he's starting to tweet about it a bit more.

On the bright side, I can confess that I haven't played a single footy game for a whole calendar year now, so it is possible to quit football games just like you can quit smoking. There's just no need to lower your quality of life by smoking or by playing bad games & following PR muppets on twitter!

Last edited:
Damn, This game is going to be 10 years old soon. Just think about that and how different the world was. Social media no where near as narcissistic and poisonous as it is now by comparison, Game devs didn't have the pressure of maintaining an online presence like they do now and churn out the amount of promotional content and YouTube videos they do now arguably giving us too much of the game it kind of compromises the excitement and anticipation and finally that acceptance that we're not expecting photo realism from our games, we want something recognizable in the functional sense.

PES 2012 was great game then and holds up very well today. Interesting to see Konami acknowledging the flaws of the previous game and demonstrating their self aware of their faults, our frustrations and strived to fixed them.

Nowadays we get the often satired "various gameplay fixes" after thought when it comes to patch notes.
As soon as the crowd gets access to something, you can expect a steady decline. PES was good when Konami was allowed to be weirdly Japanese and no one understood quite what they were doing.

As soon as the crowd gets access to something, you can expect a steady decline. PES was good when Konami was allowed to be weirdly Japanese and no one understood quite what they were doing.
The guy got so much abuse back in the day. Iirc he was tired of it all.
This was the time we had all those weirdos who wanted pes to play like fifa, they whined in every thread and made this board insufferable

I must say i definitly agree with you. Before when there was almost no pressure from internet and media, and where the mighty Seabass and is team could do whatever they wanted, it was the Peak of PES series. As sonn as the Game surpassed Fifa with PES 5 and 6, we started to see the decline.

Before PS3, and prior to PES 2008, we could play a million games that somehow we would find something different in a game or another, was is a new movement we have never seen, was it a differente goal from everything we have already scored, it felt fresh and rewarding every time we played.
And then we had that freaky little details, that just had to the imersion, like the headbands when injured, the funky dinossaurs, the freaky balls, etc.

Nowadays, everytime i walk into some news, license is a major theme, regardless gameplay being dull, or modes being stalled in time for over 20 years. ( i dont like where footballs games are heading, with the PPW approach. MLO in PES 2011 was a so much better approach, and at least it fealt rewarding, and difficult, which is what i think sports games should be, and not being able to have a star team without even play a single game.

We can see the decline of PES even in forums, i guess this is one of the few that maintains, every other of the most know ones, have closed or no one visits them anymore or interact. I guess that with the declining that started in 2008, the bet on guys like Adam, Asim, etc just made ir worst, and with the removal of Seabass as leading producer of the game.

One of my hopes ( i know its not going to happen) it that they did a trowback to every single PES game, and se what they did well in those games, and put it in PES 2022, or should i say Efootball :S:S:S. Get the midfield game of PES 5 back, the shooting of PES 6 and modes like world tour, The stadium Editor of Pes 2013, the player diference that was felt due to stats, and not due to gimmicks, of cards and bullshit.

I know we are not going to ever have that, and if not at least they could do a remaster os PES from PS2 and bring it back to these new consoles in 4K and without the stuttering, and licenses ( since i guess that is one of the things that prevent them from doing that), i would be happier playing that ones for over a year, than this new games. I quited playing football games for almost 3 years now, and i really miss sometimes engaging in a playing night session, using smaller teams but then i try FIFA or PES and i fell really glad i left football games after i played 1 or 2 games.

the other one that doesn't realise that he has to run onto the ball and sticks back a le
I think this is the single most infuriating animation in PES today. Every single play session this animation dicks over a move I'm making. I'm not a person that throws a controller, but if I ever did, this animation would be the cause.
Interesting to see Konami acknowledging the flaws of the previous game and demonstrating their self aware of their faults, our frustrations and strived to fixed them.
Yes, I liked that. Also had my eyes bulging a bit when he talks about space between the lines. It's like: they know it's a problem and creates unrealistic play. Why is it still an issue then, today, a decade on?

I've started playing more FUMA 11v11 games using low-ranked created BALs. One of the most exciting things for me is the congested midfield. It's a revelation – having to find small pockets of space, so many risk/reward tradeoffs, so much tension, and the excitement when you manage to split the mass of players with a searching ball. That simply hasn't existed in a 1v1 (or co-op) mode of PES for years.

And remember that if we complain now we are called "naysayers" and "haters" as Adam said many times.

And remember that if we complain now we are called "naysayers" and "haters" as Adam said many times.
While I recognise that language from the previous social media managers, I do think it's worth bearing in mind the larger context.

A lot of the complaints from forum users were polite and considered (not all...), but a good chunk of the overall feedback from various sources was demanding, abusive, inconsistent, angry, and at times overtly racist. In that environment, as the sole person hired to respond to the feedback, of course the move from "negative" -> "hater" is made all the more tempting and easy.

Moreover, you have to think about Konami themselves here. They have historically used these figures as flak shields, not giving them much information, and it turns out (as I believe Asim spoke out regarding, during a post-Konami interview) inadequate/total lack of mental health support for those employees.

I'm not saying that if Adam or Asim previously were short with you, or blocked you, or got the wrong end of the stick that it was justified or constituted good community engagement – that's very likely not the case! But I do think it's worth contextualising those moments with what was going on: a broken community management system which chiefly sought to use people as shields protecting the executives from criticism, all the while giving them zero support or caring what they said.

In that context, I think the focal point of anger or frustration as the employees themselves – simply because they are public-facing – is misguided. Likewise with zeroing in on the phrases others now use, passed down among that lineage of community manager positions: "naysayer", "hater", "negative people", etc.

Konami is a company (like so many other game publishers and large developers) that turns a blind eye to abuse (hello, Ubisoft), and cynically employs people it doesn't care about to soak up criticism (both legitimate and abusive) so they don't have to engage them directly. That is despicable, and that is the proper subject of ire. Not yet another Konami public-facing employee, let alone for the posts they share on their personal account, which has no information about PES or Konami in its bio.

Never meet your heroes also applies to working in the video game industry in some ways. I think Asim said somewhere he played PES a lot before he joined Konami. I think he was on the forums too back then. Speaking of 1000 years ago, is Seabass still on the team?

Also, Captain Sneakers has run out of shoes. Maybe someone can decode that for us.:LMAO:

Never meet your heroes also applies to working in the video game industry in some ways. I think Asim said somewhere he played PES a lot before he joined Konami. I think he was on the forums too back then. Speaking of 1000 years ago, is Seabass still on the team?

Also, Captain Sneakers has run out of shoes. Maybe someone can decode that for us.:LMAO:

Im waiting for those feet pics at last.
tenor.gif

Hey everyone,

I'm not a regular here, but I've got an account since I follow threads every now and then, and this is one of those I've been eyeing a lot lately.

And you need to calm down your excitement. Sure, KONAMI isn't really the best company when it comes to PR, and yes, people are anxious to know what the footballing games of this generation will be. But there's a simple reason why it hasn't been revealed yet, and it's marketing.

PES, whether you like it or not, plays second-fiddle to EA's FIFA. That imposes different problems on promoting a game:

First, since FIFA leads, it's in everyone's minds and dominates discussion. So if, knowing EA Play is weeks away, you announce PES a month beforehand, the hype will die once FIFA 22 is announced just because of the mere fact it has been announced and is newer on news trends. That, in addition that sectors that offer the same all tend to promote their stuff at the same time: Intel, AMD, Nvidia; Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo; Nintendo, Apple and Google. Think E3... Think, for example, that today Apple announced new iOS stuff and guess who announced new stuff for their phones: Google. This is a trend that's particularly strong in the technology field, and videogames could be put as a subset.

Then, related to that, is that when you play competitor to a dominant product or service, you need to get some sort of niche advantage over it: it can be a quality, it can be that it's cheaper, it can be anything that the other might not have or might not do well. Now, what do we know of FIFA 22? Well, that it exists, that it's in development, that it'll probably improve on the new engine it has... but what else? You don't know what new things they'll offer and what their campaign will be based on. So, how do you expect to compete with something you don't know yet? You can't. And so you wait so the other does the first move.

Apart from that, which should be a hint given it's common marketing practice, though not written in stone, is that E3 is right around the corner. So you'll have the console makers announcing new stuff that you don't know may have to do with all of this. Maybe an improvement, some hardware change, or maybe nothing of that but some sneak peek of PES 2022 being mixed in there - it wouldn't be strange, even if it was a couple of frames in a compilation.

So basically, whether it's before, at the same time, or after; I wouldn't count on PES 2022 being announced until we're close to either E3/EA Play. I'd wage the week between E3 and EA Play as a good scenario, really. You're really overexpecting the game - I know it promises, but it isn't like they're being late or anything: it's kinda soon-ish given it's a game with tons of new stuff. Maybe if it was just an update it'd be different because there'd be no excitement to build, but that's not the case.

For now, I guess it's kinda realistic to think it might come after the EURO final given it's one day before E3 begins... but if it doesn't, I don't see why people are acting like it's getting late. It's a football game, there's not much to market, it'll come in three months, that's enough time and, well, all I've said on how difficult it is to market while being second brand.

you need to calm down your excitement
People here get excited about a new game (with many caveats on that excitement). Don't see why that's a bad thing.

The thread lately has mostly been jokey about Lygaard's antics, as well as some frustration about them. And then just chat about what's wrong with the current game/recent games, and where people wanna see it improve.

..i Agree they wiLl probably wAit till after the euro tourNament at least.

So what would people want for Pes 2022?
Me (few things on top of my head)
1 better positioning.
2 ai less robotic,(don't retract to position when having an opportunity to win a ball) being one thing.
3 better presentation,a game that actually looks like it's made now (TV package/stats/player profiles/individual and team records presented when appropriate)
4 overhaul of ball physics/outcomes when shooting/passing/getting tackled,a more random outcome than now.
5 Physicality,a good example is Pes 17
6 a more engaging ML,less boring than it is now.
7 a scrapping of TS,if they still have it,a organic TS,not necessarily being crap when starting,but it should go up and down according to form and result.

Just a few things that would make me return to this series again.

I’m guessing people have posted about the producer ( I think ) recently saying the Ps5 is incredible and we are aiming for photo realism. Sure, talk is easy but still a little bit of news. It was on MBG gaming YouTube recent video about the summer game fest.

So what would people want for Pes 2022?
Me (few things on top of my head)
1 better positioning.
2 ai less robotic,(don't retract to position when having an opportunity to win a ball) being one thing.
3 better presentation,a game that actually looks like it's made now (TV package/stats/player profiles/individual and team records presented when appropriate)
4 overhaul of ball physics/outcomes when shooting/passing/getting tackled,a more random outcome than now.
5 Physicality,a good example is Pes 17
6 a more engaging ML,less boring than it is now.
7 a scrapping of TS,if they still have it,a organic TS,not necessarily being crap when starting,but it should go up and down according to form and result.

Just a few things that would make me return to this series again.
Obviously agree with many of those priorities. I think one of my own most sought after changes is a complete overhaul of how tactics work. So no more advanced instructions, for one thing. But also a simplified system. Currently we have player styles, attributes that affect positioning (offensive awareness, etc), positions (C, B, A), player skills, tactical settings, inspire attributes, and more.

So many messy moments on the pitch are caused by these conflicting, as well as being so unclear to the user that you can't really tell what has priority.

The other big thing for me is the midfield, and the near total lack of midfield gameplay.

Other than that, I hope they keep supporting FUMA, and allowing people to use BALs in the team play lobby. As well as exporting team data from ML. Otherwise, the places I play PES would die overnight.

I’m guessing people have posted about the producer ( I think ) recently saying the Ps5 is incredible and we are aiming for photo realism. Sure, talk is easy but still a little bit of news. It was on MBG gaming YouTube recent video about the summer game fest.
Yeah that's been posted :) the magazine snippet is in the thread somewhere too.

I think most people will agree with you – it doesn't really tell us anything yet.

This!
Correct me if I'm wrong but now we have TS, Mentality and Arrows Form right?

Obviously agree with many of those priorities. I think one of my own most sought after changes is a complete overhaul of how tactics work. So no more advanced instructions, for one thing. But also a simplified system. Currently we have player styles, attributes that affect positioning (offensive awareness, etc), positions (C, B, A), player skills, tactical settings, inspire attributes, and more.

So many messy moments on the pitch are caused by these conflicting, as well as being so unclear to the user that you can't really tell what has priority.

The other big thing for me is the midfield, and the near total lack of midfield gameplay.

Other than that, I hope they keep supporting FUMA, and allowing people to use BALs in the team play lobby. As well as exporting team data from ML. Otherwise, the places I play PES would die overnight.
Agree with your wishes too.
Midfield is pretty much gone in both games tbh,nowadays it's just up to a cm who bangs it out on the wing.
I think I'd play more BAL if it was an option to play/control the whole team like I do on Fifa (funnily enough I use player lock on 2k,and pretty much never ever control the whole team)
Fuma is so much better, IMO in Pes Vs FIFA,and I really love ved playing it on 20 older games

This!
Correct me if I'm wrong but now we have TS, Mentality and Arrows Form right?
Yeah,I do feel that the form arrow,if you have a team that everyone is in good form but the TS is low pretty much screws it up.
Doesn't matter if your players are in tip top shape,you know they'll play bad/sluggish etc.

The exhibition games and league mode Vs ML the s no ght and day (no TS in exhibition and League mode)

Agree with your wishes too.
Midfield is pretty much gone in both games tbh,nowadays it's just up to a cm who bangs it out on the wing.
I think I'd play more BAL if it was an option to play/control the whole team like I do on Fifa (funnily enough I use player lock on 2k,and pretty much never ever control the whole team)
Fuma is so much better, IMO in Pes Vs FIFA,and I really love ved playing it on 20 older games
If you're ever up for it, I can point you in the direction of using BAL characters (max 73/74, stats within certain specified limits) in online team play lobbies as part of a FUMA league. It's really fun and there's a lot more midfield because players are actually playing it like a football team.

Of course, it's online and with a lot of people, which isn't to everyone's liking.

If you're ever up for it, I can point you in the direction of using BAL characters (max 73/74, stats within certain specified limits) in online team play lobbies as part of a FUMA league. It's really fun and there's a lot more midfield because players are actually playing it like a football team.

Of course, it's online and with a lot of people, which isn't to everyone's liking.
Yeah,I think we've talked about it before,I think my options are a bit limited due to being on Xbox.
I've given it some thought though,since I do the same thing on NHL and 2k,and I really like playing online ,guess Pes 11v11is pretty damn fun

Yeah,I think we've talked about it before,I think my options are a bit limited due to being on Xbox.
I've given it some thought though,since I do the same thing on NHL and 2k,and I really like playing online ,guess Pes 11v11is pretty damn fun
What I mentioned here before probably was a more straightforward league (1v1), which caters to Xbox too. But obviously you have to deal with PES annoyances like that. The 11s thing is relatively new to me (I tried out a year or two ago, but didn't really have the time for it). I don't know what prospects there are for Xbox-based leagues.

I really hope the new generation of Xbox consoles allows image uploading in some capacity. It really comes into its own with custom league setups like WAPES (playstation based). So each squad has its own custom kits and logos, and the league itself has a logo that we place on team kits. Then we flash an option file so everyone can see all the other teams kits. And then playing with customised BALs too – it's a very unique online experience.

Back
Top Bottom