eFootball (All Platforms)

Don't no why but I have no expectations for FIFA. If we have some doubt about PES on a new Engine, Im very positive that FIFA it's going to be the same game with polished graphics.

Plus, If PES has really been in development for 2 years and we are about 5 months away from release, it is not too soon. Elder Ring is going to be released next year only and we already have some news, ie.

All this mistery that makes me pessimistic.

Last edited:
I expect some trailer next month after EURO, and than full reveal in August ... demo end of Sept, release first half of October.

That was my expectation from begining, and I think they made it clear this year stuff will happen a little later that previous years.

Don't no why but I have no expectations for FIFA. If we have some doubt about PES on a new Engine, Im very positive that FIFA it's going to be the same game with polished graphics.

Plus, If PES has really been in development for 2 years and we are about 5 months away from release, it is not too soon. Elder Ring is going to be released next year only and we already have some news, ie.

All this mistery that makes me pessimistic.
FIFA is also in development for more than 2 years and it's not synonym of success, some parts of the game stay in development for a period that can pass 3 years, recent examples are Volta Football and The Journey (+ 2 years of production with the FIFA Advanced team) + 1 year with the FIFA core team.

Advanced Team = Biannual Team
Core Team = Annual Team

I expect some trailer next month after EURO, and than full reveal in August ... demo end of Sept, release first half of October.

That was my expectation from begining, and I think they made it clear this year stuff will happen a little later that previous years.

I believe in this too.
Usually they would showcase the first details before the new FIFA and this year the EA event is on 22nd of July. I would say the reveal will be between the end of the Euro and this date.
Unfortunately this year the marketing of PES is completely handled by the Japanese team. Even the European team (like Adam and Lygaard ) doesn't have much control over the dates.
With a new engine and therefore almost a totally new game, they've missed the opportunity to market this since much earlier in the year.
Stating the obvious here, Konami's marketing and communication has always been bad (compared to the hundreds of game development companies out there). Shifting to a new engine doesn't equal to an improved marketing behavior.

I´m reading here once in a while hoping to get some news.
On one side, I find it a little bit strange that we don´t get nothing. Didn´t we have some news already by this months in the last years?
On the other side....no or different community manager, the pandemic, no E3, no Weedens etc...so maybe not a big surprise...this year is just different.

I´m not hyped.....yet....maybe I will be, after we get some positive news, teasers or something like that.
Tbh, I´m having quite a lot of fun with PES 2021 (the modded version only with Inca´s 2 cents gameplay), so I´m surely curious about PES 2022.

Of course I´m thinking back to PES 2014...the new engine...all those teasers....I guess that was the last PES where I was really hyped....too bad that it didn´t end very well...even I played it and liked it....when fading out some of those loads of flaws.
Back then it was ported to PS3 though on the same gen and now they have the PS5, so that´s a big difference.

Photorealism? Yeah, bring it on, als long as they don´t mess up the gameplay and finally give us a bit more features in masterleague and tactics and so on.

Last edited:
IMO Konami will bring us the trailer in July's 12th, after Euro's final, as almost everyone believes. About this year's marketing strategy, for me, a game thats loosing market and running in 2nd place since 2009, they're too late to show us something. PES 2022 is suposed to change the franchise and equal the game with FIFA. They're suposed to be showing us at least a teaser since last week. Konami is already beginning this generation in the wrong way.

I'm expectig a brand new edit mode with Stadium creator, a brand new (REALLY NEW) gameplay system, made from zero. BUT.... It's Konami, guys... it's our lack of luck, our beloved franchise belong to this cursed company that never listen to the community. If we start to think, the only reason PES is still alive is because of our mod community with Option Files and, in pc, changing almost the entire game. We don't have a really enjoyable game since PES 2013. The Adaptive AI and Team Spirit are killing PES gameplay, making it so heavy, so unplayable, so scripted. We need this to be taken off.

So... I think our spectation will not be filled and we'll be finishing again another season awayting the next PES to get our dreamed changes.

Best of luck to us, guys, but I'm already sad about Konami's behaviour. We need at least a Teaser, it's unrespectible!

Last edited:
I think it's a good idea to have it shown right before the Euro final. I don't know if they have the money for it, but showing it on the actual broadcast would be a huge boost. Anyways, this Unreal engine version has been in Development since 2018. That's a very long time. Considering we haven't seen much change in the fox version aside from the 2020 controls switch. There's a high chance we see something very different.

Is PES advertised at all during the tournament? I barely ever notice what is on the adboards

Nope. Didn't see a single ad.

And tbh what are they going to promote? Konami as a company or the 2021 season update which is almost dead if not already!

They should have announced the 2022 game at the start of the tournament and promote it at the Euro. Now that would've been a good booster for the pre orders.

LOL at the people who think PES is a sponsor of the Euros. They only hold the official licence, nothing more, nothing less.
They have been there before, nothing new. PES 2018 reveal was before a Barca game and we found out from the logo on the seats.

I don't know, I suppose that's what happens when I don't actively follow every advertising deal during every football tournament ever.

I dont think KONAMI advertising for PES is bad .... old PES fans will surely buy new game, they need new fans. Those new fans are mostly children or young adults, and for that audience best advertisment is Youtube and youtubers .... for that is surely not late. They could wait for FIFA to annonounce nothing new, general public to be angry --- and than week after that BOOM --- unreal engine PES gameplay trailer about 3 minutes.

I would do that rather than expensive adds on TV.

Maybe we could see something pretty soon, as I'm correct the eEuro finals are already at the final in this tournament, so let's hope they end this efootball bullshit asap

The game who holds the license for the tournament advertising the fact at the tournament, what a crazy idea.
It's unrealistic, these sponsorship packages are expensive as hell. These companies are rumored to pay around 50 million dollars per tournament. This is completely out of KONAMI's reach. Funnily enough, they did sponsor the UEFA Nations League 3 years ago, but then again, these adboards could only be seen when smaller nations played each other.

Btw, I think a lot of the inferences about what it means for the game/Konami, that they haven't yet revealed anything are a bit silly...

I mean, look, if they have a good game up their sleeves, there's no compulsion to share it. They're still milking PES 2021 dry of microtransactions, there's still the (poorly implemented) Euro content to deliver, etc.

Point is, the game could be terrible or great, or anywhere in between, and I don't think you can infer any of those outcomes on the basis that they've been a bit quiet. (The first thing we ever hear is usually E3 anyway, and that only just passed – in a year where it's all online and the event is dying on its arse anyway!)

So yeah, mountain out of a molehill, that.

Maybe we could see something pretty soon, as I'm correct the eEuro finals are already at the final in this tournament, so let's hope they end this efootball bullshit asap
What do you mean by that last bit? If you mean that you want them to end either the "efootball" branding change or the focus on esports... that seems highly unlikely to me!

Unfortunately, I think the esports direction is the path they're firmly on. It's where all the money is, because highly competitive online game modes drive loot box sales.

What it means for the rest of the game and the offline playing communities, who knows... But I do have concerns when I see the sorts of things pros complain about and what they want from the game.

Back
Top Bottom