eFootball (All Platforms)

Oh, for crying out loud, just shut up (not to Mathgamer but to this Lygaard dude)

Reckon those „naysayers“ kept your franchise afloat by buying every version of your game for (in my case 20) years, despite every new iteration being stripped of more features and showing very lacklustre - if at all - „evolution“ of its core parts, such as ML.

They can‘t even do marketing without pissing people off.

Oh, for crying out loud, just shut up (not to Mathgamer but to this Lygaard dude)

Reckon those „naysayers“ kept your franchise afloat by buying every version of your game for (in my case 20) years, despite every new iteration being stripped of more features and showing very lacklustre - if at all - „evolution“ of its core parts, such as ML.

Why are Pes marketing people always so thin skinned that they think everyone complaining about the game is a "naysayer"? First Adam, then Asim, now this guy.

Yeah, these people do more harm than good to the franchise.

Why are Pes marketing people always so thin skinned that they think everyone complaining about the game is a "naysayer"? First Adam, then Asim, now this guy.
This is the most irritating thing for me.
I can buy the cheapest excuse from KONAMI official, but from those propaganda makers, social media/community managers i cant stand a single word.

Since 2015 they have invested so much effort on trying to hire personnel to "manipulate the crowds" or fighting a phantom menace that never existed, or hunting windmills, that make me completely sick.

I just hope, that all those guys are just trolls and are not paid real money to do this specific insulting posts, but that it is just their hobby.

The shoes posts leaves me just not giving a shite.

But this last one with "nayers", is crypto-fasism of the worst level.

Last edited:
I don't know, it certainly looks more organic but the defensive line is way too high as the opponent has the ball near the edge of the centre. Man City and Liverpool earlier this season played like this and resulted to big humiliations from Aston Villa and Leicester. Needless to say both Klopp and Pep changed their tactics afterwards. They dropped their defensive line deeper, Pep not so much but Klopp totally removed the high defensive line.
Sorry this was meant to quote the pic of the 2011 game.

I don't know, it certainly looks more organic but the defensive line is way too high as the opponent has the ball near the edge of the centre. Man City and Liverpool earlier this season played like this and resulted to big humiliations from Aston Villa and Leicester. Needless to say both Klopp and Pep changed their tactics afterwards. They dropped their defensive line deeper, Pep not so much but Klopp totally removed the high defensive line.
Sorry this was meant to quote the pic of the 2011 game.
Maybe it's due to the defensive line settings, the game also already had tactical sliders back then.

Man, PES2022 is my only hope for next-gen, considering how much of a shambles FIFA21 gameplay wise is. As much as I'am uncertain that it will succeed as curious I'am how this next game will be.

I lately was thinking, what is the chance that PES 2022 will only be released on EPIC Gamestore? As Epic is trying to get everyone to their Plattform and Konami choosing Unreal as Engine. Would suit Konami...

It might be that they waiting till Messi signs a new contract with Barca to drop some infos, they been focus on them in the teaser where you could even see the new Camp Nou

Same here mate. Been a while. I'm cautiously excited about pes 2022, especially because we finally have a new engine. Hopefully it's a good fit for PES. Also I hope they take full advantage of the next gen systems.
That’s the spirit pal! :)

I keep myself busy with the other games 16 Version and newly discovered my love for racing.

It will look stunning, for sure, but let’s see how it plays. News are coming soon so let’s be patient and cross fingers.

I agree with you, I believe he does this because part of the community engages with his posts.

Its mental. I had to block this guy so I didnt get annoyed on twitter. Sits in a cave for most of the year and then jumps out to... i dont even know what he does. its not even an attempt to hype the game... its just childish trolling.

Since I pretty much gave up on football games and started playing other ones - I have seen and engaged with a lot of other communities.
And I tell you - its quite amazing to see the other side. Some of the communities are there, like us, complaining about direction that A game took, bugs, issues and lack of communication from developers. But this "lack of communication" is something you cant even compare to Konami.
How many times I wanted to tell them
- Lads, you have no idea what lack of communication looks like...
Other games developers engage with communities, answer their DMs, publish road maps for incoming months, detailed patch notes... its a different world out there.

And we have a bloke who puts pictures of his shoes... :LOL:
Its laughable. And pathetic.

Its mental. I had to block this guy so I didnt get annoyed on twitter. Sits in a cave for most of the year and then jumps out to... i dont even know what he does. its not even an attempt to hype the game... its just childish trolling.

Since I pretty much gave up on football games and started playing other ones - I have seen and engaged with a lot of other communities.
And I tell you - its quite amazing to see the other side. Some of the communities are there, like us, complaining about direction that A game took, bugs, issues and lack of communication from developers. But this "lack of communication" is something you cant even compare to Konami.
Other games developers engage with communities, answer their DMs, publish road maps for incoming maps, patch notes... its a different world out there.

Flight simulator or esbc boxing games is a prime example listening to feedback ..this is the reason why flight simulator is so good because they listen to feedback and I’m pretty sure that esbc will be the same , I think Konami need to really think on how to promote a game as it’s such a small development team they should be pushing community support , it’s proven that it works when you have the community and developers interaction ..as it helps with development and it would show that they actually listen

Other games developers engage with communities, answer their DMs, publish road maps for incoming months, detailed patch notes... its a different world out there.

I know huh!

So true about other Devs communicating better too. Konami's in a world of their own.

Something that this game needs desperately is positional and situational awareness. The players demonstrate no footballing intelligence.

Some example of what I mean:
- the way their first instinct after losing the ball is to retreat to their fixed position, regardless of the situation of play.
- the way defenders refuse to get in front of strikers (I try to do it myself but player switching is a mess), a massive contributor to the bypassing of midfield play.
- the way players freeze after getting tackled, especially in dangerous areas where they should show urgency.
- the way they deliberately avoid cutting passing lanes, you can't cut them alone as they will move back to whence they came as soon as you switch to another player.

Movement off the ball is a mess in general, with players that hint at passes and then either:
- go back into hiding as soon as you pass it
- seem surprised that you passed it and get caught on their heels

Surely these issues are more pronounced for FUMA players, but they're there nonetheless.

There are many more examples, but these are just a few that came to mind after hours and hours of modding PES 2021 this last couple of days before playing one game and switching it off halfway through due to sheer boredom/frustration.

This is the most irritating thing for me.
I can buy the cheapest excuse from KONAMI official, but from those propaganda makers, social media/community managers i cant stand a single word.

Since 2015 they have invested so much effort on trying to hire personnel to "manipulate the crowds" or fighting a phantom menace that never existed, or hunting windmills, that make me completely sick.

I just hope, that all those guys are just trolls and are not paid real money to do this specific insulting posts, but that it is just their hobby.

The shoes posts leaves me just not giving a shite.

But this last one with "nayers", is crypto-fasism of the worst level.
I understand Lygaard gets on people's nerves, but it is kind of ironic that after him using the word "naysayers", a few people on here have become irate and hypercritical.

I mean, using the phrase "crypto fascism" in connection with Lygaard writing #naysayers and posting his trainers is just a little unhinged.

Sure, Konami are far from the best at listening to their fans (which for you guys is probably a good thing: the vast majority only care about myClub and featured players and the scripting issues they've invented to explain why they're losing online). But they've simply always been this way.

It's why I find the Lygaard posts funny. He's not even pretending to be a PR guy. I give him his dues for that.

I understand Lygaard gets on people's nerves, but it is kind of ironic that after him using the word "naysayers", a few people on here have become irate and hypercritical.

I mean, using the phrase "crypto fascism" in connection with Lygaard writing #naysayers and posting his trainers is just a little unhinged.

Sure, Konami are far from the best at listening to their fans (which for you guys is probably a good thing: the vast majority only care about myClub and featured players and the scripting issues they've invented to explain why they're losing online). But they've simply always been this way.

It's why I find the Lygaard posts funny. He's not even pretending to be a PR guy. I give him his dues for that.

"Unhinged" gives me a very offensive translation from English to Greek, but I hope it is language barrier.

When you put different groups of people the same label IE #naysayers to define them as "enemies", cause of their nationality, sexuality, religion, skin tone, or ideology, it is FASISM mechanism.

When you do it under the label of maybe trolling, making fun, pun innocent jokes, the it is what we call:

crypto/pseudo/false-FASISM. In this Form you can't define it, cause the agenda user can always get away with "I was just kidding, why so serious?? "

He is either troling, or pushing random ajendas while trolling in disguise.
Whatever he does, nobody, or a very small minority takes him in serious, so it is irrelevant.

I would prefer if he did poll votes or QnAs about the game. If he could transfer some feedback from his position back to Japan.

Or if he does clear promo, to ask also people about marketing staff like "do you like how our exclusive content is represented".

AND believe me not all MyClub people are as you describe, many of them give very constructive criticism on exploits, gameplay, even presentation.

Some of them pay attention in small details that even a ML guy would not give. Someone in reddit in the recent CL final MC event, noticed that the Chelsea vs Manchester City vsCOM event banner looked flawed, cause it was designed by default to fit the text "LONDON B vs MAN BLUE". And many other examples.

So this separatism as long as the ge comes with an allinone version, does not apply always. There even MyClub players, who of course prefer the adrenaline of a PvP match, in comparison to a VS CPU match, but they confess that if the CPU AI was more interesting AND there was se serious content in ML, they would play also a little bit.

And very often they complain about lack of content in MC. So there is not all MC people, mindless, cheasy, exploit, scripting, j3rks.

That Lygaard guy is lame. I don't even find him funny, just flat out annoying. Joke is on whoever still follows him in search for true insights, I guess. At this point I don't care much if anything for 2022, so I understand people desperate for it would probably go as far as to cling to the socks of a random asshole on twitter to daydream a bit. It sounds a bit ridiculous, but who am I to judge after all.

By the way, I generally stopped caring for pseudo promoters and similar figures long ago. It's clear Konami collect their true feedbacks by other means, while direct requests to this kind of medias, no matter how well thought or proposed, just gets more or less ignored.

That Lygaard guy is lame. I don't even find him funny, just flat out annoying. Joke is on whoever still follows him in search for true insights, I guess. At this point I don't care much if anything for 2022, so I understand people desperate for it would probably go as far as to cling to the socks of a random asshole on twitter to daydream a bit. It sounds a bit ridiculous, but who am I to judge after all.

By the way, I generally stopped caring for pseudo promoters and similar figures long ago. It's clear Konami collect their true feedbacks by other means, while direct requests to this kind of medias, no matter how well thought or proposed, just gets more or less ignored.

I think the best promo we got when we got snippet of tweets/vines from the actual gameplay. I think it was only one time.

That term „naysayers“ brought back not so nice memories of a „community“ - this very forum included - that would immediately ostracize anyone who dared to critizice PES and point at flaws which are nowadays common agreement. That’s why it upset me.

It was almost blasphemous to speak critically of the gameplay back then and even when pointing out obvious imperfections you‘d have the fanboy brigade faster in your neck than an AI defender during a momentum script. „Fascism“ (not in my comment) is certainly stretching it, but there was a sense of not being able to openly express one‘s critical opinion without getting massive flak from the forum elders and gate keepers.

Lygaard is probably too young to have experienced those times or know this context, fair enough. But I still think he does Konami a better service when he just shuts up.

I might be in the minority, but I enjoy PES 2021. Note I only play offline multiplayer. This is the first PES I have bought since 2017.

There are many areas for improvement though and hopefully the new engine can push the game in the right direction.

I feel like the Fox Engine may have held the developers back a little tbh. I honestly preferred the games Pre-Fox Engine, even the 2008-2013 era.

Tha last good Pes marketing guy was Jon Murphy. After he left Konami he joined Football Manager dev team.
I recall when PES 2012 was coming out, they released a few small videos explaining some improvements in the game, like the Jockey, the Penalty System, among other things, very straight to the point stuff and all well narrated by Jon Murphy, it would be great to see Konami doing something like this again in the future.

I recall when PES 2012 was coming out, they released a few small videos explaining some improvements in the game, like the Jockey, the Penalty System, among other things, very straight to the point stuff and all well narrated by Jon Murphy, it would be great to see Konami doing something like this again in the future.

This is 100% true. Has i have come on to view this thread, my media player has randomly started playing "Dont believe the hype" by public enemy. :LOL:

I couldn't believe my ears. Lets hope it is purely coincidental :SHOCK:

Back
Top Bottom