PES 2020/PES 2021 Gameplay Comparison Thread

Spursfan07

International
10 February 2019
Since there is not really a comparison thread, I was actually wondering which game of the two is better?

Pes2021 is quite bit better.. Its what 2020 should have been. Improvements pretty much everywhere. Is there anything in pes2020 thats better than pes2021? I don't think so..

bought 21 yesterday - it´s cheap on steam rn in my country - and tried Master league without any mod. It looks like the colisions are really good versus PES2020 v8 DLC8 to me

........ Is there anything in pes2020 thats better than pes2021? I don't think so..
Much better tempo, under human control at least. It is easier in PES 2020 to maintain a 1-0 match in Master League.

In 2021 due to better responsiveness (with great power comes, great responsibility though) , comes as side effect that a lot games against CPU go frenetic end-to-end . Plus you are forced to hammer CPU with consecutive attacks, or else it is more difficult to maintain a gameplay tempo. I have a lot 3-2, 4-3 matches.

In 2020 when i lead 1-0, i know that if i have better players, i can chill out playing tiki-taka in my 2nd third of the field. In 2021 no matter my team OPR, it is impossible to play relaxed near the midfield, i am forced to attack and get counter attacked , more end-to-end.

Basically i concluded that all the above come form enhanced responsiveness. It is like cherry-picking, either better response in 2021 with its sideffects good & bad, or mud-effect movement in 2020 with its sideffects.

Final judgement. I cannot disagree that 2021 is an improved 2020, but both games look like they were designed for 10 minutes box-to-box, end-to-end crazy action highlights gameshow. Midfield is still nonexistent when ball gets hot.

P.S.: I have not played PES 2021 before datapack 3.0, but in 4.0 and 5.0 collision detection seems at its worse, it is either very random or the referee is biased, sometimes towards the players, other times against the player. I can't explain better some crazy ref decisions i observe in every match here and there..

Good point about tempo.... one of my only gripes with pes2021. Still too frantic, and even though im sure some tweaking with team formations may help, the way one plays should have more influence on the game tempo. Bugs me that the attacking AI is still too impatient... but again, it also has to do with my defenders rushing constantly to get the ball back. Still, the attacking AI should dribble more.. pass back more.. and just relax a whole bit more, to make things even more realistic.
Smoothness, increased animations, increased variations with pretty much everything (built on from pes2020), and definite increased error rate (still could be way higher), have all been improved. Anyways, will be interesting of what good they will keep from 20/21 for the next version, which although is a new build (as konami have suggested) would be good to build on..

Back
Top Bottom