PES 2020 PC Build

ReadingAid

Non-League
6 September 2019
Hey all,

New to the forums and thought this was the best place to seek advice,
I am looking to build a cheap PC that can run PES 2020 maxed out @4k 60fps.

I am coming from PS4 Pro and have a 4k TV that I want to play the game on and run mods etc it looks incredible from what I have seen you can do.

So I am seeking some advice as to what kind of components I would need or would be best?
I am open to buying second hand components also and already have a mouse and keyboard but am looking to play with my PS4 pad.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks!

1440P is fairly easy on most GPUs but for 2160P your gonna need either a RTX Card or RX 5700, The Fox Engine is much more heavy than Fifa's Frostbite. From my own testing A Vega 56 card can not run PES at 4K maxed out smoothly and that's on par with a GTX 1070 in performance.

Oh wow so looks like that's blown my budget out of the water. Honestly I am surprised.

As far as I know the PS4 Pro plays PES 20 at 4k Native and to match that performance you need to spend 400+ on a GFX card alone.

Anyway, say I dropped my expectations and went for something to run it at native 1440p, what is a good starting point?

Kind regards and thanks for your help :)

As far as I know the PS4 Pro plays PES 20 at 4k Native and to match that performance you need to spend 400+ on a GFX card alone.
This is, unfortunately, incorrect - they never tell you that the PS4 Pro does not render at native 4K (2160p), but at 1440p instead, and it up-scales it to 4K (with the exception of a few indie games). Admittedly, it does a great job at that; most people wouldn't notice the difference in games. But still, it's not native 4K. :)

So it would look great if you go for 1440p on PC as well, it looks better at any resolution anyway, 60 fps replays, etc.

I am looking to build a cheap PC that can run PES 2020 maxed out @4k 60fps.

Cheap, maxed out and 4K@60fps words do not come in the same sentence.
You need power for that target.

8600K (or better), 16G DDR4 (3000+), and RTX2070 (or GTX1080). And a quality PSU.

Hear ya loud and clear, seems like my goal was a little ambitious.

Bearing this in mind, what kind of set up should I be looking at? 1440p 60fps ultra?

Is there some.kind of upscaling for PC?

Bearing this in mind, what kind of set up should I be looking at? 1440p 60fps ultra?

1440p is still the nice sweet spot for PC gaming.
You still need a recent i7(or AMD) and a GTX 2070 (or better)

Because there are so, so many options available, and only you know exactly what you’ll be using your PC for (work, games, editing), what quality you want to achieve, the space you have available etc etc, I’d recommend going on YouTube and searching for “gaming pcs for under £x” or whatever your budget is.

There are some excellent channels for this kind of thing, and that should give you a great idea of what level of performance you can achieve on your budget.

Of course, if you can’t quite achieve the levels you want, no problem. Work out where you can make savings, and upgrade later :))

Back
Top Bottom