PES 2014 Bugs and Issues thread (PC, X360, PS3)

Sorry to be jumping in here, but I just upgraded to a stronger PC for gaming purposes. Return to PES since PES6 was one of my motivations. I really liked the trailers upto the release and I was really reminiscent of modding the game, etc.

I thought the graphics looked really good for the console videos, and I was thinking that it would be much better looking on the PC with everything maxed out. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but from afar my game looks like FIFA07. There is no Anti-Aliasing, nothing. The models look like poor quality, everything looks bad. But in the replays and close-ups, the graphics look decent.

I looked around a little and I have heard of SweetFX, but it doesn't seem to be a direct solution for this. I can't believe the game doesn't have options to crank up/down AA filters, model/texture quality, etc. Is there any solutions for this? Am I doing something wrong?
It's still a current gen game. KONAMI is understandably not willing to put extra effort into the PC version which makes up around 1% of their sales.

Only if some kind of LODmixer is released, it will be possible to improve the player models and the texture quality in distant cameras.

It's still a current gen game. KONAMI is understandably not willing to put extra effort into the PC version which makes up around 1% of their sales.

Only if some kind of LODmixer is released, it will be possible to improve the player models and the texture quality in distant cameras.

Thanks for the answer. I remember there were LODmixers available for PES6, so I hope there will be one available soon for PES2014. I do feel a little hard done for my money, but we will see what happens.

Last edited:
Anyone had this problem where after I install the datapack 2.0 the game freezes or it just won't continue?
I' can't finish the datapack update because of this error and also can't get online.

PC VERSION

I also tried a clean install, all from scratch.

Kick off can sometimes just give the ball away

online lag or whatever causes extra button presses, for example a pass to a player (A button pressed once), when he receives it he passes it. when it was a pass from the previous player. This infuriates me and does it allot

offline/online

keepers stiff bad on shots straight at them
manual shooting is broken/finesse, controlled shots
heading in the box while attacking is broken

Bitter did you resolve the issue you where having while playing online? It happens to me too when i do a manual pass(through ball) and it is driving me crazy.

Anyone had this problem where after I install the datapack 2.0 the game freezes or it just won't continue?
I' can't finish the datapack update because of this error and also can't get online.

PC VERSION

I also tried a clean install, all from scratch.

I play online and sometimes for example i have a corner and game just freezes.
All i can do is alt+F4. :CONFUSE:

Before the patch everything was ok regarding this.

Any solution?

Did anyone else notice that while replays and cutscenes seem to be capped at 30fps, the cloth physics are still rendered and calculated at 60fps? Just look at the linesman in a replay, his movements are jaggy while the movements of his flag are perfectly fluid.

The PC port is unbelievably bad.

Did anyone else notice that while replays and cutscenes seem to be capped at 30fps, the cloth physics are still rendered and calculated at 60fps? Just look at the linesman in a replay, his movements are jaggy while the movements of his flag are perfectly fluid.

The PC port is unbelievably bad.

I don't think it is porting issue since it exist on console as well. Cutscenes to me is still pretty acceptable, however replays are just horrible. I'm using Fraps at the moment, the replay obviously run at half or one third of normal speed even though the counter shows 60 frame per second. I think they done it intentionally. Maybe to mask horrible performance on console. Unfortunately this aspect is transferred to PC port as well.

As for the quality of the port in general, I don't think PES 2014 is a bad port considering it is the exact copy of its console counterpart, minus long loading time and slowdown in final third. Or maybe i'm being pedantic here.

Last edited:
I don't think it is porting issue since it exist on console as well. Cutscenes to me is still pretty acceptable, however replays are just horrible. I'm using Fraps at the moment, the replay obviously run at half or one third of normal speed even though the counter shows 60 frame per second. I think they done it intentionally. Maybe to mask horrible performance on console. Unfortunately this aspect is transferred to PC port as well.

As for the quality of the port in general, I don't think PES 2014 is a bad port considering it is the exact copy of its console counterpart, minus long loading time and slowdown in final third. Or maybe i'm being pedantic here.
Yes, you are right, it's not really a porting issue per se, it probably makes sense on consoles to cap the game at 30fps in these situtations. But on the other hand I bet it would be trivial for KONAMI to remove these limitations in the PC version so the Fox Engine can utilize the better performance.

HI all, new to site, just wondering if anyone else has this problem or knows whats gong on, ok so yesterday bought pes 2014 installed etc started playing no probs, then today tried to play, all loads up no probs but then whenever you try to play on line crashes, just comes up saying this program has stopped working and shuts down. any ideas anyone? what could have changed since yesterday?
Cheers

I bought a new pc with very high specs for gaming
GPU = Asus GTX780 OC 3G
CPU = i7 3.50 Ghz
RAM = 8G
unfortunately PES 2014 has many stutterings and micro freezing (almost 1 second sometimes)..does anyone has got the same problem with GTX780?

P.S with my former PC ( with a gtx560 and an old quadcore 2.40 Ghz )the games run smooth ...WTF?!??!

Please anyone help me out

since the game went out i had only one or two free kicks.

this game has no fouls at all, it's frustrating.

and also it is frustrating that playing against CPU at top player is so easy.

i know i wrote this up earlier, but i just cannot get over it. and when i saw what adam wrote about upcoming november patch, made me angry.

not the mention that game should have looked like with sweetfx right out of box!

I agree, the game is a shambles against the CPU. No serious football gamer can be challenged at all by the woeful AI in this game. The CPU lacks cutting edge offensively even on Superstar so is easy to defend against and the GK's can be chipped with ease.

Did Konami actually test this game or not?

Really, Konami having the Champions League licence is a complete waste. It feels as empty and soulless as winning the ECC in Fifa. The proper ad boards, UCL logos, UCL music, etc.. are good, but they don't mean anything if the AI is garbage. It's staggering how unsatisfactory winning the Champions League is on top player or superstar. No tactical thought or anything is required when you play against top class teams. Just trashy easy victories against useless AI.

Last edited:
Summary:

Same issue with PES 2015.

Very good effort AI wise.

But there are no fouls at all, which ruins the whole game.

Would it be too much to ask for to get a "referee strictness" AI slider? I guess it is.

Back to PES5/6 again. But this is the first time ever I'm really pissed off to do that... because fundamentally this is the first really good PES since PES6.

What a waste. :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom