PES 2013: Player awareness or lack thereof

tobi

"Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose."
5 August 2005
Spurs, Suns and Cowboys
How are people dealing with the player awareness?

For me its a borderline game killer, I've lost count of the amount of times that I've conceded a goal, lost possession or missed a key opportunity to run onto a ball because my team mates are stuck in idle mode. 50/50 challenges turn into 95/5 because players don't react fast enough.

I appreciate players that can read the game better than others and the responsiveness stat is an important one but it should not result in players (especially average/crap players) not recognising the obvious. The awful player switching doesn't help.

Its wrong that my player can lose the ball (via a slide tackle), my two team mates within two yards of the situation stay rooted to the spot (and watch) as the tackler has time to get off the floor, regain possession and run away with it.

How do Konami (and others) not recognise this during development?

I had the same issues in PES 2012, no amount of tactical tweaks solves the issue.

In one player the game cheats and messes these things up. The best tactic is to just keep the ball away from any confrontations - if the ball is there to be won,the cpu will win it, by fair means or foul.

These are the kinds of things I'm seeing which are bothering me:

YouTube - PES 2013 - Player Awareness?

1st clip, through ball from cpu goes through my defenders legs when the defender had plenty of time to react. (Pirlo is blocking his sight slightly, but not enough for this)

2nd clip, pass slightly overhit, but not enough to prevent Pirlo collecting the ball yet he doesn't move for it.

3rd clip, pass is short CPU reacts quickly my player won't shift out a gentle jog.

I raised the same problem way back with the first demo, I even added it to the WENB feedback thread in the hope it would somehow filter through to Konami:

YouTube - PES 2013 no attempt to intercept

Sounds like they've done fuck all to improve it. Really stinks when you go and play FIFA and suddenly see your AI teammates sticking out legs and stretching/lunging towards loose balls in order to win back possession, there is the constant feeling with PES that your teammates are oblivious to what is going on around them.

i agree i get this a lot

in addition to examples given, theres also the one where the ball is rolling out of play and your player just jogs towards it instead of sprinting, when he could have kept it in

The one that gets me is when you watch the replay and see that your player actually moved out of the way of the ball. Most obliging.

this has got to be the most annoying aspect of the game. if it happened once in a blue moon it would not be so bad. but it is every friggin game and not just once in a match at that.
the player switching is at fault mostly for that as it will not switch player, its all random. one minute player switching works ok next its piss poor and has you tearing your hair out.it was better in pes6 days.
come on konami fix the bloody thing. i mean to have your gk palm out a shot and the ball lands a foot away from your defender only for him to look at the ball and leg it up the pitch instead of moving to the ball or the player switching being able to select him, is laughable and totally unrealistic.
the amount of times these similar things happen is again shocking. who does test this game out!!!

this has got to be the most annoying aspect of the game. if it happened once in a blue moon it would not be so bad. but it is every friggin game and not just once in a match at that.
the player switching is at fault mostly for that as it will not switch player, its all random. one minute player switching works ok next its piss poor and has you tearing your hair out.it was better in pes6 days.
come on konami fix the bloody thing. i mean to have your gk palm out a shot and the ball lands a foot away from your defender only for him to look at the ball and leg it up the pitch instead of moving to the ball or the player switching being able to select him, is laughable and totally unrealistic.
the amount of times these similar things happen is again shocking. who does test this game out!!!

Player switching is a major problem with Pes 2013. Semi assisted setting doesn't solve the problem, it just makes it less frequent.
Many times i feel like they don't test the game at all, otherwise they wouldn't have put a non working Disable autosave option (fixed later in patch)
They would have noticed that quick free kick is absolutely broken while playing at 0 bars. Besides, the fact that they never noticed the quick free kick bug at 0 bars shows that they didn't bother to play at least some match to test gameplay with that setting. Quick free kick happens quite often and they could have noticed that bug in a matter of minutes.
After three patches that bug is still there together with many other less evident bugs. :RANT:

yeh but some of those clips seem ok as in natural errors that would happen in a game would be boring if everything was perfect 100% of time.

Player switchign fuked tho

These are the kinds of things I'm seeing which are bothering me:

YouTube - PES 2013 - Player Awareness?

1st clip, through ball from cpu goes through my defenders legs when the defender had plenty of time to react. (Pirlo is blocking his sight slightly, but not enough for this)

2nd clip, pass slightly overhit, but not enough to prevent Pirlo collecting the ball yet he doesn't move for it.

3rd clip, pass is short CPU reacts quickly my player won't shift out a gentle jog.

The first one happens quite a lot online (and I guess it also happens a lot oflline when CPU needs to score urgently).

It's so annoying how a so predictable and so easily interceptable pass like that goes to the opponent attacking player. Noobs do this online (the famous "pass straight forward only footbal style"),it's ridiculous. lol

There must be a way to send these kind of videos directly to Konami and they must give us a response about fixing these silly game mistakes in a future.

Back
Top Bottom