PES 2012 Positivity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ollywolly

Oh when the Spurs...
24 December 2005
Thailand
Spurs
Hope it’s ok to have this thread. Main discussion thread has become depressing, full of moaning, arguments and negativity. I’m not saying that’s wrong but it would be nice to have a little corner of positivity, and where good posts don’t get ignored or lost under a pile of all of the above.

So please use this thread for positive, fun and interesting talk about PES 2012. If you can’t stand people being positive about the game or want to be negative, please just ignore this thread and use the main discussion thread instead.

So anyway, for me this is the first PES game that has got me addicted again since PES5. I’ve been playing all night sessions many times over the last couple of weeks.

I play on PC -2 speed and 0 pass assistance.

Lots of things I love, but to keep this post from taking up the whole page I’ll talk about ML first.

Playing with Catania, Professional 15 mins. Real struggle in 1st season. Every goal counted and was therefore a real joy. Found a better way to train, improved my coaches and tactics and getting more reward in the 2nd season.

I know about the strengths and weaknesses of all my players and using them correctly really makes a difference.

Getting such a wide variety of matches, from tight no or low scoring games to 3-3 draws to 6-3 defeats. As I said, I loved PES 5 but the AI wouldn’t be that dangerous and there wasn’t much variety in scores.

Top players stand out and cause me problems. So much so that I often result to fouling them hoping to cause injuries. Players that have scored hat-tricks vs me: Lavezzi, Pato, Pastore, Neymar. Brilliant.

Re: top players, my chairman asking me to do all I can to stop Lavezzi from scoring was a nice challenge. He’d scored a hat-trick in the 1st meeting, so managing to then actually stop him felt great.

Form arrows work better, fatigue works better, morale works better. Trying to play a player out of position so he learns the position. He’s played quite well but now morale and form have gone down. Do I keep trying to play him there or revert him back to try and improve his form and morale? Love it.

Scoring a wide variety of goals. Demo made me think long shots were too easy, but my players are simply not good enough to consistently score like that so I’m having to try different things. Even long ball football, which I don’t like, can be effective and I’m forced to use it for the good of the team.

Have seen no stupid transfers with transfers set to low. Only Neymar to Udinese, but he is a free agent and I can convince myself that an up and coming Champions League team would be a good stepping stone into European Football for him. In fact there have been so few big transfers that medium setting may be better but I don’t know.

It's ok now mate. I agree that its become to depressing. You can safely "return" to the original thread now. "Unhappy" posts will be moved to a different thread now. I stole the idea off you :P

I'll copy this to the original thread and close this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom