PES 2012 ONLINE pace

Lons

AMIGA 1200 HARDCORE FAN!
Hi,

I have very often different pace when i play online. Some games have good pace not to fast and not to slow but a lot of games pace are to fast! I feel when i play that is different game. Some games feel realistic and i like it but some are arcade. What is goin on? I'm alone?

Nope you are not alone. It happens to me as well. Sometimes it plays like its on +2 speed, which I hate because it's ping-pong. Other times, it plays beautifully and it has me almost creaming my pants. Not sure what is the reason, really. It might have to do with passing assistance of your opponent, where if he's on full bar then the game becomes very ping-pongy. On 0 pass assistance by both players, I think the game would be much slower. Also, I think the stadium you play in has an effect as well. This is just what I think, not hard facts, so experiment.

I've found a trick that works sometimes to slow the game if you find it too fast. I usually play on wide cam, so when it starts out too fast, at the next stoppage I pause the game and change to pitchside cam. This makes the game slower. However, since I'm not really that used to pitchside cam, even though it looks really nice, I change it back to wide cam after a while of playing. The game stays at a slow pace.

This works 70-80% of the time I would say, for me at least. Try it and post your feedback. :)

Last edited:
I've found a trick that works sometimes to slow the game if you find it too fast. I usually play on wide cam, so when it starts out too fast, at the next stoppage I pause the game and change to pitchside cam. This makes the game slower. However, since I'm not really that used to pitchside cam, even though it looks really nice, I change it back to wide cam after a while of playing. The game stays at a slow pace.

This works 70-80% of the time I would say, for me at least. Try it and post your feedback. :)

Interesting, must give that a try. Thanks!

I played some online PES 2010 last night against a friend. I was surprised at how primitive the gameplay felt in comparison to 2012, and the pace was faster than I had remembered. But I highly enjoyed the session - more than any online 2012 session so far.

2012's pinpoint passing accuracy on assisted is a children's game. An horrific waste of time. Bring-on the passing assist lobbies. I wish also we could create game rooms that filtered teams according to league. Nearly every quick match I've had has been against Real. Give the ball to Ronaldo, run straight at defense and score. :BORED:

I never felt such tedium playing 2010 or 2011 online, even when being trashed by the super-teams.

I marvel at how people play the game only to win, by whatever method or exploit they master. Don't they ever get tired of it?

Interesting, must give that a try. Thanks!

I played some online PES 2010 last night against a friend. I was surprised at how primitive the gameplay felt in comparison to 2012, and the pace was faster than I had remembered. But I highly enjoyed the session - more than any online 2012 session so far.

2012's pinpoint passing accuracy on assisted is a children's game. An horrific waste of time. Bring-on the passing assist lobbies. I wish also we could create game rooms that filtered teams according to league. Nearly every quick match I've had has been against Real. Give the ball to Ronaldo, run straight at defense and score. :BORED:

I never felt such tedium playing 2010 or 2011 online, even when being trashed by the super-teams.

I marvel at how people play the game only to win, by whatever method or exploit they master. Don't they ever get tired of it?

Which console do you play ? Or is it PC ? And do you play on Zero Passing Assistance ?

Also, reading about the faster games, sure the Ping-Pong Assisted settings will have alot to do with that, but I'm still not totally convinced that the Online Setting is default to '0'. I felt almost positive last year that the Host's Speed Setting dictated the game-speed. And from what I've felt and read above, I'm almost convinced it's the same again this year.

Last edited:
Which console do you play ? Or is it PC ? And do you play on Zero Passing Assistance ?

Also, reading about the faster games, sure the Ping-Pong Assisted settings will have alot to do with that, but I'm still not totally convinced that the Online Setting is default to '0'. I felt almost positive last year that the Host's Speed Setting dictated the game-speed. And from what I've felt and read above, I'm almost convinced it's the same again this year.

More interesting!

I was referring to the ps3 versions. Using either 0 or 1 bar passing assistance. In offline mode I play at -1 speed. Most people I have played online are using full pass assist. I have asked a few and they say "0 bars", but it's obviously not true.

I also have the PC version - primarily so I can play my friend across the pond - so should be able to test the 'host-decides-speed' theory over the weekend. Will report back...

Nope you are not alone. It happens to me as well. Sometimes it plays like its on +2 speed, which I hate because it's ping-pong. Other times, it plays beautifully and it has me almost creaming my pants. Not sure what is the reason, really. It might have to do with passing assistance of your opponent, where if he's on full bar then the game becomes very ping-pongy. On 0 pass assistance by both players, I think the game would be much slower. Also, I think the stadium you play in has an effect as well. This is just what I think, not hard facts, so experiment.

Exactly sometimes i have really nice slow online matches. I think wow i love this game. After this game i want play more and.......the game is fast like +2 and i hate it! In 20 min i love this game in another 20 min a hate this game. I will try your trick and tell you it's work or not.:WORSHIP:

More interesting!

I was referring to the ps3 versions. Using either 0 or 1 bar passing assistance. In offline mode I play at -1 speed. Most people I have played online are using full pass assist. I have asked a few and they say "0 bars", but it's obviously not true.

I also have the PC version - primarily so I can play my friend across the pond - so should be able to test the 'host-decides-speed' theory over the weekend. Will report back...

Have you tried clicking the link on my Signature ? I'm sure you would love our Community. We have a few Dutch players there as well. Have a look, it could possibly be the best move you ever make with regards PES. It certainly was for me. :)

Jimmy, I'm guessing most PEEL players have their gamespeed set to -1 or -2, does that mean all the online matches you play with PEEL members have the same 'simulation pace' as when you play offline?

Jimmy, I'm guessing most PEEL players have their gamespeed set to -1 or -2, does that mean all the online matches you play with PEEL members have the same 'simulation pace' as when you play offline?

All PEEL players play on '0' Gamespeed as far as I'm aware. It's the Zero Assistance rule that ensures the game is played at a very conservative pace though. It actually feels slower online playing against PEELers, than it does offline playing on '0'. This is certainly down to the fact we only play with smaller teams. On Zero Assistance, there is none of this Ping-Pong play, mainly due to the fact your players really need to get their foot on the ball first, to ensure a more consistent subsequent pass. Also, players within PEEL aren't sprinters, they play considered football and let the ball do the work.

Playing on Zero, online with members from PEEL is hands-down, as good as it gets. I have historically, always been an offline player. An ML freak if you like. Since finding PEEL, I've barely ventured offline, and the reason is, you cant beat fair human intelligence. It will always beat A.i., 100%. Also, I find that expressing myself against the CPU isnt going to win me any fans. It's not like the CPU is impressed. Playing against friends and peers is completely different, you can earn the respect your play deserves. That's the difference.

Jimmy, can i join PEEL and only play freindlys against other members? I am not interested in joining a league at the moment.

Yeah sure you can, it's just a Community, you dont need to play in the Leagues. The lobby is 08/03. Just sign-up via link, mention me and your all good to go. :)

There are also one-off, one-night Cup Tournaments. Once you have passed your LET games then you can sign up for those. They are good fun if you have a few hours spare. There is one tonight as it happens.

Last edited:
Played a lot of 2011 online last night - PS3. At the end I decided to put 2012 back in to make another quick comparison. Was pleasantly surprised, ended-up playing until 6am!

Quick matches with Barca/Real didn't feel as pacey after all, certainly not as ping-pongy as previous sessions. Could be due to the type of player at that hour.

Probably all subjective nonsense, but definitely more fun than my last sessions. Still plenty of gameplay niggles to overcome / patch.

Jaboy, why are you even entertaining these Barca/Real whores when you can play with like-minded folk. Click my link and sign-up. You won't regret it, even if it's just for friendlies. ;)

Jaboy, feel free to add me on psn. I play fair, without any assistance and with lesser teams. Hate playing online against Real, Barca and Milan all the time.

I managed a few decent online session this weekend on both PS3 and PC.

I tried the 'change camera' tip several times but it didn't seem to have an effect.

I did notice that there can be a huge difference in speeds between 1v1 quick matches and games that I choose to host, especially when I set all players forms to 'normal'. Definitely feels more balanced that way. Plus, it may be completely subjective, but I'm finding the PC version a tad faster overall.

Quick match 1v1s were ALL versus either Barca or Real. I lost a lot of games from long-range Ronaldo free kicks and Messi waltzes. People are depressing. However when I went to 1-bar assistance began to choose the same team as my opponent, the situation quickly changed. I started winning more. The game is still way too fast, but I'm finally beginning to enjoy online games. Perhaps it is my brain adjusting.

Keepers are still rubbish. Plus, too many disconnects. Strangely, always when I am ahead :P However it pisses me off that I get punished when my opponent rage quits.

Back
Top Bottom