PES 2012 final gameplay verdict

How do you rate the gameplay of PES 2012 demo 2?

• Total voters

jonneymendoza

Legend
1 January 2004
Arsenal
So after over a week since demo 2 has been out, how do u rate what is more or less the final gameplay build of PES 2012?

is it back? did it make improvements from Demo 1?

vote!

Last edited:
I'd like to see the AI be a tad more considerate in possession and obviously the goalkeepers still need a significant upgrade.

Other than that, I'm very happy. When you have the ball especially the possibilities seem endless, I think this will be one of those games where a couple of months down the line you still discover new things, where you still experiment with different tactics or players despite having played hundreds of matches. For me, longevity is crucial (I much prefer Fallout over pretty much any other game for example).

The game has some good moments, but due to the goalkeepers being sooo bad (whats the keepyup parry about? And havnet they learnt that the first rule of positioning is to cover the near post?) and the player selection being completely pathetic (when i dont have the ball i only want to select a player BEHIND the ball! And vice versa! This should be simple coding!) and the passing is completely fooked too!

I'll play it for a month i reckon then take up another hobby!

What have pes2012 and Ronaldo got in common?
At times they're both unplayable.

i give it a 3. it's good but it has problem. if they were to patch the defender AI on crosses i would give it a 4.

Sadly at this state PES 2012 online will be 2 things...

1. Barca
2. Cross... goal...

Assuming demo 2 is final code (or near enough) then I voted 3.

I'd love to vote it higher because I think Konami has done a terrific job with the AI, amongst other things, but the fact remains that there are too many issues that need addressing and areas that need a huge amount of work. Keepers are poor, crossing is too automated, animations are still not good enough, ball physics still lacks consistency, graphics are worse than PES2010, players still don't look and feel as individual as the PS2 days........

It's the best football game on this generation of consoles but it's a long way from perfect.

I'd love to vote it higher because I think Konami has done a terrific job with the AI, amongst other things, but the fact remains that there are too many issues that need addressing and areas that need a huge amount of work. Keepers are poor, crossing is too automated, animations are still not good enough, ball physics still lacks consistency, graphics are worse than PES2010, players still don't look and feel as individual as the PS2 days........

It's the best football game on this generation of consoles but it's a long way from perfect.

Very well written.

agree with pretty much everything you said except graphics: i don't care too much, they are still an improvement over pes 2011 graphics
keepers must be completely reworked, crossing must be like it was in ps2 days, i don't want it manual, just like in ps2 days
about animations, we all knew even before the game was announced this year was not the year of reworked animations, for sure next year.
ball physics is good, very good, but sometimes there are still some weird effects
players are enough individual for me, besides you cannot fully judge from a demo individuality of players

i want to add, collision system
the system that there is now is obsolete like goalkeepers, and there is no header battle at all. This, combined with automated crosses results in several almost identical header goals

Pes 2013 priorities for me
Collision system
Animation system
Goalkeepers

btw,i voted 3, but it's more like an almost 4, like a 7,8 score, while pes 2011 was a 7

Last edited:
Voted 3.

The crossing is killing the game for me, 9 times out of 10 a cross leads to a goal. There is always something that ruins it. Please fix this problem Konami then this game will get a 5.

Voted 3.

The crossing is killing the game for me, 9 times out of 10 a cross leads to a goal. There is always something that ruins it. Please fix this problem Konami then this game will get a 5.

This.

Konami said day 1 patch will fix goal keepers (its what most people complain about, damn you people!). I'm hoping it fixes the crossing too.....

You guys need to learn how to defend them and stop waiting for the A.i to hold your hand and do it for you. I have no problems at all with defending crosses. I've even explained how to do it, if you can't get with the programme, well, I guess you'll just keep conceding.

You guys need to learn how to defend them and stop waiting for the A.i to hold your hand and do it for you. I have no problems at all with defending crosses. I've even explained how to do it, if you can't get with the programme, well, I guess you'll just keep conceding.

lol you clueless man. i see you post that you struggle to beat the computer and you come telling us about not being able to defend crosses? lol good luck when you play online, if you do.

For the people that dont notice the cross problem look at this....

YouTube - GameSpot Plays Pro Evolution Soccer 2012

8:42 look down on the defense, the guy that crossed did it too late, if he hadn't taken so long and ran down towards goal before crossing he would of had an easy open goal. To exploit this hard you need to know the right position to send the cross (when the defenders leave attackers open)

It's really easy to exploit once you do it a few times. I wish i could record my PS3 gameplay.

Last edited:
lol you clueless man. i see you post that you struggle to beat the computer and you come telling us about not being able to defend crosses? lol good luck when you play online, if you do.

8:42 look down on the defense, the guy that crossed did it too late, if he hadn't taken so long and ran down towards goal before crossing he would of had an easy open goal. To exploit this hard you need to know the right position to send the cross (when the defenders leave attackers open)

It's really easy to exploit once you do it a few times. I wish i could record my PS3 gameplay.

Are you sure this bug is not only evident across one platform as i've never seen it either and i've played on both pc and xbox360.

That does look odd, yeah. Like I said, I haven't noticed it yet but I'll keep an eye out.

Watch that video again. The forward makes an intelligent run behind the defender. The defender looks over his shoulder, notices the danger and marks him. The opportunity was available for half a second and it's a beautiful representation of attacking intelligence. If the defender waited a lot longer or never covered off, then maybe it's an exploit but not the way it happened there.

If there is a different issue, make a gameplay video and highlight it, but I don't think that video above is good evidence for your complaint sorry.

Maybe you'd prefer FIFA where your moves are shadowed down the millimetre?

I can only also say I haven't noticed the crossing bug either.

I have been scoring a few headed goals from crosses but that's only when the ball delivery is good and the player heading has a good body physique and supposedly high stats in that department. e.g - Gomez of Bayern.

Watch that video again. The forward makes an intelligent run behind the defender. The defender looks over his shoulder, notices the danger and marks him. The opportunity was available for half a second and it's a beautiful representation of attacking intelligence. If the defender waited a lot longer or never covered off, then maybe it's an exploit but not the way it happened there.

If there is a different issue, make a gameplay video and highlight it, but I don't think that video above is good evidence for your complaint sorry.

Maybe you'd prefer FIFA where your moves are shadowed down the millimetre?

lol nice fail bro. defenders dont leave attackers open to score free headers. I'm not the only one that complains about this so nice try.

please explain how i can get so many easy cheap header goals in demo 2? i just tap O twice in the same position to cross the ball and then square... boom goal....

I hope when you play online you play against someone who exploits it, they run with Ronaldo on right wing cross... benzema goalll lol over and over again, i hope you cry.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me if the "AUTO AIMING " shoot is still there (in final version)...
And what about penalites?

Last edited:
Don't know what to say about crosses really, at a guess no more than 5% of my goals conceded in demo 2 have been from crosses and headers. I rarely concede from them. I've scored more than I've conceded, and even that's fairly rare.

Ironically, though, I have a massive problem on the FIFA12 demo with this. Almost every goal I concede is from a cross, but PES, nope.

What does the fact I play with Copa Teams, on '0' Assistance and struggle to win have anything to do with conceding from crosses ? Nothing. I dont.

I won't bother trying to make you look silly, your doing a much better job than I ever could.

And get with the times, ask Lami to change your name to 'Cross-BUG'. ;)

Haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary either with regards to crossing. I don't score a great deal with them, but when I do almost all the time I think I deserve it, and when the computer scores they deserve it. Crosses are normally converted after a flowing attacking move that sees their full backs ripped open and hit early enough for the striker to be the fox in the box.

Any later and the defenders will catch up, and any early and the cross goes through the area to the touchline. I've also found a formation and am now experimenting much more with RT + O to contain play. This holds the game up and enables me to contain them, they keep possession for longer but it has the required more solid defensive effect.

I also now play with Long cam, I feel I have a much greater feel for defending in close with this cam. Wide cam is better for me to actually win games, but I want a more sim like experience and to see the players and colours etc, so I'm now more than happy with Long. I can always use the radar at the bottom to ping my long passes anyway.

Have to say that Top Player needs constant attention to defending. One second where you switch off any your a goal down.

BUT, this is in a great way. I feel that FIFA for example is way too scripted in the fact that the CPU pulls something totally responsive out of it's arse and the fact that defenders are sluggish ensures you cannot do anything about it. With PES, you've always got the ability to jockey your man and almost a hundred per cent of the time it's human error or a slip of the analogue which enables players like Robben to get that yard of space.

I'm probably explaining this poorly, but in both demos I always feel cheated when the CPU scores just one goal in FIFA, whereas in PES I could be getti9ng blitzed 2-0 inside ten minutes and feel it's all my fault. Strange really.

Back
Top Bottom