pes 2010 animations are very bad "Jerky and Robotic"

hany3

Championship
12 September 2009
El-Ahly
sure the game has many drawbacks like the delayed response time "button lag" the bad referees , the poor AI , the silly long though balls , the poor thow-ins

but IMHO , the most obvious drawback in pes 2010 is the POOR ANIMATIONS "together with the delayed reaction time"

the animations in pes is very robotic and jerky , i this there NO transit animations at all , the player performs the animations in a robotic pattern
this may be due to the new implemntation of the MO "motion capture"

in fifa NG , the players movement seems very fluid and can hardly notice any jerky movement in between the successive animations , in fifa NG u can never notice the limits between every animation , so the player finish one animation and begins the other one without u notice the transmission "this is what is called "fluidity of movement"

i really feels how much jerky and robotic is the pes 2010 after watching this video that shows how smooth and fluid are the fifa animations as compared to animations in pes2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PNqTkQgpQg

While your points are very true it's nothing we didn't already know, even before the game had been released. Not sure why this requires a new thread 3 months after release?

People dont seem to understand that its this jerkyness as you say that creates the angles to be able to beat a player with the drop of a shoulder. Fifa has them silky smooth but no angles are created,hence the reason you cannot beat a man on Fifa without using the skill button. Not the prettiest, but it serves an end to a realistic means.

While your points are very true it's nothing we didn't already know, even before the game had been released. Not sure why this requires a new thread 3 months after release?

yes we know that even before the final release
but the excuse was that that the demo was of an older code 70%

and now after the release of 3 patches for fixing the game bug and the game still looks robotic , i think it's a shame

and i think this needs a separate thread even after a year of the game release , we should remind konami every now and then by these bugs in the game to avoid next year

and for those how always depend on the "realistic" excuse for every bug in the game like the bad responsiveness , they so "ohh its realistic , awful animations , "ohh its realistic"
in fact the "realistic" excuse is NOT "realistic at all

even is pes 6 has responsiveness and animations better than pes 2010

and for those how always depend on the "realistic" excuse for every bug in the game like the bad responsiveness , they so "ohh its realistic , awful animations , "ohh its realistic"
in fact the "realistic" excuse is NOT "realistic at all2010

I'm not really sure what your trying to say here?

It's a game mate.

Some people like it, some don't... Play it if you enjoy, don't if you don't....

If you don't like the way a 'Video Game' animates a simulation of a real life sport, your expecting games and reality to blend using technology that simply doesn't exist.

No video game currently simulates movement realisically enough to convince the transition from reality to graphic animation.

Batman Arkham Asylum moves beautifully but never does it portray reality of movement other than being slightly 'Robotic' as you put it. Christ, FIFA 10 is very robotic at many times during play...

Unless Pixar studios start making PES, expect the robotic animations to remain for years....

It looks jerky when you turn because you're turning at an impossible angle relative to your player's skill. Timing your turns with the pressing of R2 or R1 based on your player's dribbling ability helps immensely. In FIFA all the first touches and turns at an angle are so simple and already done for you that all it takes is just facing that particular direction and the use of LT or LT+RT without any timing whatsoever.

Last edited:
It looks jerky when you turn because you're turning at an impossible angle relative to your player's skill. Timing your turns with the pressing of R2 or R1 based on your player's dribbling ability helps immensely. In FIFA all the first touches and turns at an angle are so simple and already done for you that all it takes is just facing that particular direction and the use of LT or LT+RT without any timing whatsoever.

Spot on.

:COOL:

s the poor AI , the silly long though balls , the poor thow-ins

Just a reminder

On the whole the AI is very good in pes. Just has a few nagging issues. Have you seen fifa's AI? Have you seen the defending? Calling it School boy defending dosen't do it justice.

As for silly through balls, throw ins that's just you! You need to learn to time your through balls and not expect average players to make Xavi like passes with ease like you can on FIFA.

Um... at 1.00 in there is a goal by VAN DER SAR via a free kick (Man U Goalkeeper as if you didn't know) - I mean - come on - as if...!

I also see alot of "chip over the keeper" and "crosses that have turned into shots".

To top if off that goal at 2.30 - yeah, right - even C.Ronaldo (in real life) coked up off his brain before the game & after sleeping with 12 hookers the night before wouldn't have the skill, or confidence to perform that goal.

Is that person playing the game on mega easy or something...?

Animations are the low point of PES 2010, no argument from me. But even a PES-fan like myself feels sorry for how Fifa is presented in that video - it doesn't look good at all. I haven't played Fifa 10 for quite a while now but I seem to remember it being closer to reality than that what the video shows.

For me the individuality is what puts PES on top, when I played Liverpool in Fifa I had to look at the names onscreen to figure out who I was controlling at the time. Even then, I pretty much did the same things with Kuyt and Torres. In PES, the second I receive the ball I know what the player I am controlling is capable of. If Kuyt gets the ball close to the goal I always keep a lookout for passing options. If It's Torres, I will probably attempt a shot from any angle. But yes, Animations not top drawer.

Looks like my input is just another PES vs. Fifa argument, then again I suppose the thread was just that to begin with.

Last edited:
pes graphics looks better than fifa. menu is so colourful and artisitc and the music is catchy. But thats jus to distract u from the fact that pes is a PIECE OF CRAP!!!!!...button lag, bad refereeing, ai dumbness...shiznit the list doesnt stop. football video games are all about timing. how can it be that when i shoot the ball the player stops and takes what seems to 5 seconds to actually do the action. by then the defenders are dog pilin me.
dont even talk about the gradation of the levels.play as regular and u can score infinite goals. play as pro and its bloody hard to score a goal.
whats most frustrating is that i can the the most perfect play and jus when i need that final touch my player messes up, lets the ball roll away instead of taking it or not responding.
jeez!!!!!!!this a frustrating game!!!!

I hate it when PES is described as jerky and robotic, I think the animations could obviously be improved but the better you time something on pes, the smoother the animation. FIFA's so called fluidity is one of the reason's it does not feel like real football, fifa 08 felt better than 11 even without 360 dribbling and smoother animations. People underestimate the depth of this game and what you can do with the vast myriad of controls on offer.

In some aspectl .. PES 2011 has same problems now!!!Even more, i see appear many NEW problems !

Last edited:
IIHUII what do you want from PES? I mean i assume your one of those who plays only 10 mintues matches and dosen't really care about simulation, stuff, just aesthetic things?

IIHUII what do you want from PES? I mean i assume your one of those who plays only 10 mintues matches and dosen't really care about simulation, stuff, just aesthetic things?

Simulation of what ?? Players in PES 2011 are behaving like idiots, blind and retired ! Konami tried to simulate a nursing home? Come on ... every football game is simulation of football in some way.. even Soccer 89 for NES ! But ..you as trying to get the PES 2011 a great game ... It's simply will not work for me. For you maybe is the best game ever .. but I have the right don't like the Game. I'm a fan of football games of Konami since 96 'year very well know what I want. PES 2011 is not it.
You can not like this, but I do may not like your view.
PES 2011 has good side.. yes, but there a lot things that are total wrong... at all.

Last edited:
Simulation of what ?? Players in PES 2011 are behaving like idiots, blind and retired !

Do you want help with the game or not?

I mean i admitted over analyze games and i put them to the test, and i this game has great AI (with errors yes but nowhere near gamebreaking) I sure i can help you, but your so pissed i don't know whats wrong. Did you get frustrated one night, and rather than taking a break and cooling off you sent yourself into a mad rage?

It just sounds like you had a bag PEs day and you haven't recovered!

I mean it think it will help playing longer games offline and trying to take time to understand how players move off the ball, because Konami does make things confusing for many people on PES 2011 which is understandable.

longer games offline ?

started a league today and every goal i conceade is cpu cheated
4 goals in 3 games right from the start

comon how can u play that any longer than 2-3 friendly matches offline ?

u peeps are tight, very tight :WORSHIP:

lol

edit:
15 min match on 4* difficulty, 5* is boring cpu team defends all the time
play with vsync on

hello mates , klashman and the others
seeing this thread now carries some bad memories to me from the dark days last year
and being the OP of this thread i find no reason for activating such one year old thread but may be the mate activated it thought we were speaking about pes 2011 not pes 2010

and here i'd like to clarify some points

1-although i'm the op of the thread may be some of you know that i'm basically a pes modder and pes fan to the heart
2-when i mentioned fifa in the 1st post i just wanted to show a comparison between pes 2010 and fifa 2010 regarding only the animations not gameplay or individuality in which pes is miles ahead
3-some mates who defended pes 2010 's animations being realistic or wrongly applied by the gamer "when trying to move the player in an acute angle" now may realized that they were wrong after seeing and playing pes 2011
pes 2011 animations although no yet perfect but it brilliantly shows how ugly were the pes 2010 animations and that all the excuses they mentioned were not true
animation in pes 2011 although not robotic and very little jerky , it still look more and more realistic and the player have a good looking animation even if u wrongly tried to move him in some acute angels

now i'd like to say that i'm really enjoying pes 2011 game as a whole and i'm looking forward for pes 2012 and any new technologies that may be used in its development especially in the motion captures and animations side

Last edited:
longer games offline ?

started a league today and every goal i conceade is cpu cheated
4 goals in 3 games right from the start

comon how can u play that any longer than 2-3 friendly matches offline ?

u peeps are tight, very tight :WORSHIP:

lol

edit:
15 min match on 4* difficulty, 5* is boring cpu team defends all the time
play with vsync on

It's better with sync off for me :CONFUSE:

This is why people prefer consoles lol PC's are too inconsistent with games!

But how will Primepeace mention for the 30th time that he has found the perfect PES settings and then say the game is utter shite the next week?

Back
Top Bottom