PES 2008 PS3 online question

neil

League 2
30 April 2006
Does anyone know what the numbers at the top of the screen (in the middle) when playing online relate to?

Presumably the connection speed but high numbers don't necessarily seem to correspond to less lag!!

It's the Ping time. Less=better.
Ping is a signal sent to the server and then counted the response time. The faster you get an answer the better is your connection.

It's the Ping time. Less=better.
Ping is a signal sent to the server and then counted the response time. The faster you get an answer the better is your connection.

ah- thanks for that.

Don't suppose there is any way to know which opponents have a fast connection before deciding who to play? I usually determine this by how quickly their stats come up when joining a match room although this is far from a definitive indicator.

cheers

There is a way.
There is a box on the left of each player, when searching for a room.
If the box has a red horizontal bar, the connection is bad und you shouldn't play against him. If the box has green vertical bars, the connection is ok. There can be 1, 2 or 3 green vertical bars. 3 green vertical means best connection possible.

But don't give too much on that. I had opponents with 3 green bars (me too) and the game was horrible lagging...

Last edited:
what gets me is playing againt folk who know there connection is bad.

i played some numpty last night who was running rings around my team. they were clearly gaining a massive advantage due to the lag in their connection. one second ive got the ball and the next the whistle goes cos they have scored! then they give the old "hahaha" after every goal. what inbred losers they are. mind you i should of stopped the game after the sixth.

i cant play online anymore until this is fixed.

cann somebody help me please.
i buy pes2008 from my friend, and now password for online doesnt work on my ps3. What is wrong?

YOUR FRIEND HAS REGISTERED GAME TO HIS COMPUTER SO MY ADVICE IS YA SCREWED HAVE U TRIED THE CODE ON BACK TO REGISTER?

Hi guys, when I registered my PS3 I had no problem getting online or surfing the web or whatever, but when trying to play PES online it says that i have to forward udp port 5730. Why? I use a router but why can I get online with the ps3 but not when playing pes. How do I do? Plz help..

Hi

im confused about the online lag for pes8. Does it only happen for people with slow connections or is it still Konami and will eventually fix it?im using 1mb broadband and the lag is quite bad so im upgrading to either 2mb or 3mb. will this make a difference?or will it improve for everyone soon?

Hi

im confused about the online lag for pes8. Does it only happen for people with slow connections or is it still Konami and will eventually fix it?im using 1mb broadband and the lag is quite bad so im upgrading to either 2mb or 3mb. will this make a difference?or will it improve for everyone soon?

I have 12 mb and I lag :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom