PES 2008 PS3 crash when installing

Rammstone

League 2
6 June 2005
Norway
Blackburn
I got the game early today and first thing I did was to go in System Settings and install it cos I read that would make it run better. I played a few games, tested DjPelle's option file, edited abit myself and just had a random look around at players before I had to leave cos I was going to the Brann - Hamburg UEFA Cup game.

When I came back home I started PES up and was gonna start a Euro tournament with England when the loading screen for my first game against France never ended. After several minutes I pressed the PS button on my controller and the screen went black, and I had to turn the PS3 off manually to restart.

I tried deleting both system data and option file without any changes, same thing still happened until I decided to delete the install files. After that the game does actually work but it suffers a huge amout of frame rate problems.

After that I tried adding option file and system data again and they worked but as soon as I went into system settings and installed the files, I was back to square one. In Euro tournament loading screen never ends, and if I go into exhibition the music stops at kit selection screen and the kit models never appear. Also in edit mode the game freezes after a few minutes.

I have absolutely no idea whats causing this especially since it worked fine earlier today and I cant seem to recall doing anything between that, except downloading some videos from PlayStation Store.

If anyone got any ideas I would appreciate it, and I know I could have explained this in alot shorter way but I decided to add all details to get the proper perspective of it. If I don't solve it during the weekend I will return the game next week.

EDIT: and yes, this is a 100% legal copy and I've looked at the disc which is in as good state as it could be. Also none of my blu-ray or hdd games have any problems at all.

Last edited:
I got the game early today and first thing I did was to go in System Settings and install it cos I read that would make it run better. I played a few games, tested DjPelle's option file, edited abit myself and just had a random look around at players before I had to leave cos I was going to the Brann - Hamburg UEFA Cup game.

When I came back home I started PES up and was gonna start a Euro tournament with England when the loading screen for my first game against France never ended. After several minutes I pressed the PS button on my controller and the screen went black, and I had to turn the PS3 off manually to restart.

I tried deleting both system data and option file without any changes, same thing still happened until I decided to delete the install files. After that the game does actually work but it suffers a huge amout of frame rate problems.

After that I tried adding option file and system data again and they worked but as soon as I went into system settings and installed the files, I was back to square one. In Euro tournament loading screen never ends, and if I go into exhibition the music stops at kit selection screen and the kit models never appear. Also in edit mode the game freezes after a few minutes.

I have absolutely no idea whats causing this especially since it worked fine earlier today and I cant seem to recall doing anything between that, except downloading some videos from PlayStation Store.

If anyone got any ideas I would appreciate it, and I know I could have explained this in alot shorter way but I decided to add all details to get the proper perspective of it. If I don't solve it during the weekend I will return the game next week.

EDIT: and yes, this is a 100% legal copy and I've looked at the disc which is in as good state as it could be. Also none of my blu-ray or hdd games have any problems at all.

IMPORTANTE: El porqué de las ralentizaciones del PES 2008 (Prueba para todos)

Es muy sencillo; el juego está mal programado y optimizado.

Haced una prueba muy sencilla:

1- Seguramente, todos los que sufrimos bajones de framerate, insufribles repeticiones a trompicones, primeros planos desastrosos, etc, estamos usando una pantalla HD (componentes o cable HDMI), lo que da una resolución de 720p.

2- Instalad el juego en el disco duro.

Tras la instalación, salid del juego y reiniciad la consola.

3- Una vez reiniciada, id al menú de PS3, y en opciones de pantalla, seleccionad sólo 480p o 576p (dependiendo si la consola es JP/EE/EU)

Aunque tengais una consola JP/EEUU y el juego europeo, con 480p va perfectamente (lo he probado).

4- Arrancad el juego; echad un partido... y vereis que todo va fluido, incluidas las repeticiones y primeros planos 8aunque algunas siguen sufriendo un poco), etc.

Conclusión: el juego no está optimizado para PS3, por lo que en HD la consola no puede mover el juego tal y como está pensado y hecho.

Cuando pongais el juego en 480p/576p, fijaos en el público de fondo.

Vereis que ya no "canta" gráficamente.

En mi opinión, el público que se ve a 720p así de "macrobloqueado" es porque fue programado para 480p/576p.

Un saludo.

by: ferdopa [EOL]

DjPelle's 0.1 option file. but if I use it or remove it, it still gives me same results so that cant be part of the problem

rammstone thats sucks, Ill be watching your guinea pig testing with BIG eyes.

timebomb rammstone:shock:

IMPORTANT: Why the slow downs PES 2008 (Evidence for all)

It's very simple; The game was poorly planned and optimized.

Do a simple test:

1-Surely, all those who suffer from framerate bajones, unbearable repetition trompicones, first disastrous levels, etc., we are using a screen HD (component or HDMI cable), which gives a resolution of 720p.

2-Instalad the game on the hard drive.

After installation, exit the game and reiniciad console.

3-Once restarted, go to the top of PS3, and options screen, select only 480p or 576p (depending on whether the console is JP / EE / USA)

Although you get a console JP / USA and the European game, with 480p goes perfectly (I tried).

4-Start the game; ... And you´ll see that everything is ok, including repetitions and macro some still suffer a bit), and so on.

Conclusion: The game is not optimized for PS3, so HD console can not move the game as it is thought and done.

When pongais game in 480p/576p, fijaos in the public fund.

No longer will find that "sings" graphically.

In my opinion, the public sees 720p and "macrobloqueado" is because it was scheduled for 480p/576p.

Greetings.

By: ferdopa [EOL]

DjPelle's 0.1 option file. but if I use it or remove it, it still gives me same results so that cant be part of the problem

Samething happened but mine crashed after i downloaded mccroix's option file 1.1.

I was gonna start a friendly to check man united's kit against liverpool to check there kit too and the game froze during the time where it was loading the two blue images wearing the kit.

Does your ps3 fan increase speed in only 10-15 minutes of playing the game?

Did ur ps3 freeze in any other games?

Back
Top Bottom