PES 2008 [EU] vs PES 2008[USA]

justjer

Conference
21 March 2005
18 march will the usa version will be released.
Will it has the d*mn bugs as the eu version?

Will Konami release a new patch for the eu version on 18 march?

All your questions will be answered in this topic..

Q: Will the players stats/rosters be different?
A: No, exactly the same

Q: Has the USA version the patches of the EU version?
A: The beta version had patch 1.20 included. The retail version will have another version i guess. We will know this 18 march.

Last edited:
I guess the american people will bann konami if they release exactly the same buggy version(pal) of pes 2008.

I saw this game at my local Best Buy and wanted to buy it so bad, but kept remembering all the bad press and opinions about it from everyone!

I guess I should stick with FIFA 08 if I want to play a soccer game on my PS3?

is there any big difference between the JP, EU, and US version ?
which one is the better ?

i bet the US is

Guys..

is there any significant difference between the PAL and NTSC Version ??

I don't mean for ONLINE play, but for the gameplay.

fifa? are you crazy?

fifa is sh#$$%&%&...pes is for men..fifa its for girls
Lol @ You.
Typical fanboy who has never even played Fifa on 360/PS3, it's a completely different game from the PC/PS2 versions.
You should try it :).

Id imagine both versions would be exactly the same. Depends on what type of football game that you like. If you like fast paced arcadey style action then get PES2008, if however you prefer a bit more realism and more Today's type of Football game get yourself FIFA 08 on NEXT GEN.

I have tried both PES2008 and Fifa 08 (both next gen) and I feel the overall gameplay is much better in PES2008. IMHO, the only upper hand that Fifa has is the incredible amount of licensed teams it has in the game. I ended up buying PES2008 in the end.

Lol @ You.
Typical fanboy who has never even played Fifa on 360/PS3, it's a completely different game from the PC/PS2 versions.
You should try it :).

ive th game in ps3...i hve ps3....but you are a baby,ok?

play fifa....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Say what you like, I can tell just from the way you post and the sort of opinions you have what sort of person you are: An immature idiot.

PES 2008 is not like real football, if you think so then you obviously don't watch enough football.

fifa is sh#$$%&%....next gen? fifa is good with the real names of the clubs...the rest.....is very slow...bla,bla,bla..
the best thing is online,the rest pes its better

Rob mate ignore them. If they like PES then so be it. They dont know what they are missing with FIFA 08 Next Gen ;)

I like both but love fifa 08 more... Once PES2008 came to us here in the states(roughly 2 weeks ago now) i've been having fun except for the lag offline in broadcast cam1 which for me is the best thing about PEs THE CAMERA or should I say this broadcast cam 1. But it's bad in some stadiums. the gameplay reminds me completely of we7

Rob mate ignore them. If they like PES then so be it. They dont know what they are missing with FIFA 08 Next Gen ;)
Too true, people unwilling to take Fifa 08 as a seperate game which needs a different playing style are only fooling themselves and are the only ones losing out.
Smarter people like us can tell a good game when we see one and enjoy it :D.

On topic (sort of), one of my mates has PES 08 on PS2 and I had it on PC, it's much better on PS2, very similar to PES6 but the slight tweaks to passing, AI and shooting have improved the game. That mate now has a 40gb PS3 with Fifa 08, so can't play that PES 08 now :-pp, he made the right decision to go for Fifa though.

With regard to people's comments on FIFA.

We've bought, played and enjoyed every single PES game since ISS Pro Evolution Soccer on the N64, in our house. That's every incarnation of PES for N64, PS1, PS2 and now PS3 and we've kept every one.

Every year, we'd try FIFA and dismiss it.

But this time 'round FIFA 08 has found it's way onto our PS3.

Yes, we've got PES 2008 too and since patch 1.2 we've found it plays fine offline.

The thing is, we've been bitten by the online bug and setting up and playing leagues online with friends is a blast.

As we all know, the PES 2008 online lag spoils the game and so we reluctantly decided to try FIFA.

Now, the thing is, we were gonna just use FIFA for online games, but in the process we discovered that this year's FIFA is actually a darn good game.

This came as a shock to dyed-in-the-wool PES fans like us.

At the moment we're playing more FIFA than PES - a lot more in fact.

I really, really hope Konami get their act together next time around.

Last edited:
I do have all three JP(Winning Eleven 2008) EU(PES2008) US(PES2008).. They are all similar except for the JP as it has extra difficulty feature level "Super Star" while the EU - US stops at the TOP PLAYER difficulty level. For me as I own a US PS3 console = NTSC-US - The PAL EU version seemed to be little slower than the JP and US version. Maybe due to frame rates of PAL vs NTSC.

My opinion I really enjoyed the JP version with game play - and enjoyed the extra difficulty SUPER STAR level.

For online I loggin to the EU servers of PES2008-PAL I will be able to find more people with fine connection...

Sounds complicated ... I know!!

BTW - They all connect to different servers....

I have both the Europe and the American version for the ps3.The american version seems better than the Europe version because it has no slowdown at all and was probably patched before they were shipped.Online is still crap on both versions even though it seems that the US servers are not as bad as the europe servers for me...

I have both the Europe and the American version for the ps3.The american version seems better than the Europe version because it has no slowdown at all and was probably patched before they were shipped.Online is still crap on both versions even though it seems that the US servers are not as bad as the europe servers for me...

unfortunately there IS slowdown offline in the broadcastcam 1 camera whch is appalling.. wide and long cam ARE perfect though but i hate those cameras.......

Back
Top Bottom