Other Games Forum, too many stickied threads?

Placebo

Ԁlɐɔǝqo
3 May 2003
Orrefors, Sweden.
Sheffield Wednesday
Maybe it's just me but I just noticed how many stickied threads there are in "Other Games" and there's so many now you have to scroll down one full page just to get to regular threads, maybe it's worth combining all the PS4 threads (there's 3 inc VR) and all the Xbox threads (2 of those)?

Reactions: Tom
Good shout - I've unstickied the X/Pro versions of the Xbox/PS threads, as they're only really for hardware discussion, and the Christmas competition that has now ended.

I think having the main console threads stickied, plus the VR and the gamertag threads, is fair enough (and the rest still exist - and are rightly separated - they're just not stickied).

Reactions: Tom
Im gonna jump into this topic, coz I have a small suggestion. Just a thought, so no pressure.

I was thinking it would be nice if Other Games subforum had a bit more tidy and organised look.
Not talking about some revolution here, but I was thinking about small additions, that would make a big difference visually.

It would be nice if, while creating a new game thread, we could use some template for it:
- title
- cover/poster
- release date
- description
- platforms
..and our own thoughts.

Also - we could add Evo-Web community Rating to each game thread.

Now let me explain where this is coming from. I know that this is mainly Pes/Fifa forum, but we all need a break from Fifa/Pes every now and again. And Other Games is a Huge area, where people could still be active and engaged. But for the moment it doesnt stands out from any other sub forums we have.

If it was more structured and tidy - we could possibly attract more people to the site.

I found Evo Web on google by typing "Pes19 terrible AI", or "Pes 18 no fouls" (dont remember which one exactly, just remember that I was pissed off).
Similar - a lot of people are most likely typing all their issues with all other games ("Red Dead Redemption 2 boring", "Elder Scrolls inventory space" etc).

If, stumbling upon Evo, they saw a nice structure and look of the forum/threads, ratings, discussions, they would be more likely to explore the place a bit more.
Not only if they are interested in Pes/Fifa.

As for the sticky threads - we could get rid of all of them and people could create separate thread for each game and add one sticky sub forum "PC game mods", so modding would not clutter the actual game discussions.

I dont know what you guys think about the idea and how much work would be required to create such Template, Evo-Web Ratings and general tidy up of the Other Games Thread, but I think it would add a lot to the site overall.

Again, just a thought.

:LOL:
Not sure how to take this angry face. Its a bit of a change from the usual yellow and red cards, Tom.
I dont know why, but Im sorry! :LOL:

Your request was duly noted, local resident.

Tbh, though, I'm not sure. I don't really want to attract common gamers to the site, these smaller sub-forums have always been just a mere bonus. It was meant to not stand out so we can focus on the footie games while still offering some lightweight areas for those who'd like to discuss other things without having to worry about opening another hellhole for the mods. We're all quite busy with the site as it is.

Still, I love your enthusiasm and I'm always open for suggestions when it's about improving the site, so I'll think about it. The template stuff will have to be answered by @Mart , however.

I would suggest the following be removed.
PS5
Xbox One Series X
*These are not currently relevant as not released yet - So shouldn't be stickied.
I think they will be heavily discussed so will be high up the 1st page anyway.

PC Building Thread
* Out the two I would leave the PC Gaming Thread, don't need two PC threads.
I would even suggest changing the name of the PC Gaming Thread to PC Gaming/Building Thread and combining the two.

Google Stadia
* Doesn't need a sticky as not relevant or important console.

Playstation VR
* Doesn't need to be stickied, can be just a normal thread.

I feel the same as Placebo, you currently need to scroll down half a page to get to other threads.

Done. I'm also thinking about replacing the current Playstation 4 and Xbox One stickies with the PS5 and Xbox Series X threads and making two general Playstation and Xbox stickies out of those. Oh, and we've also appointed Emroth as new mod for that sub, please show him some loving! xo

Yeah, I agree @bsmaff and the boys.
I just left it for the moment as I didnt come up with any good idea about top of the page. Id like it to be neat, make sense and have some sort of "Theme" to it. Thats why I made Google Stadia sticky. I wanted top of the page to have "All Different Platforms Discussion" Theme to it.
At least - until I came up with a better idea.

Any suggestions that will make it more tidy are welcome. Emroth likes tidy.

I'll tip away with the rest in the meantime.

Can't change the sticky order currently, they're ordered by post date. However, there's a plugin for the forum software we (@Mart ) could potentially look into.

Back
Top Bottom