Opening the ports for PES2008 online!

KingSly

Non-League
17 May 2002
Berlin GERMANY
Did you (moaning) guys opened the Ports for online-play?
I think many of you don't even know that you have to...

Don't want to offend but there are many "kids" around, who don't know how to do this and put the game into the PS3, play online and say "it sucks!".

I have no problems with online play as far as I try to pick oppenents with a good connection (three bars) since the very first day, the game came out.
When my opponent has his router configured right it's allmost fluid as offline.

So I think the main problem is, that too many gamers don't know how to open Ports.

Got to repeat: Don't feel offended! Just drop in your lines wether you have opened the required ports or not...

Cheers
KingSly

It depends on your setup. If your console is connected to a router, you need to open them on the router. If you are using Internet Connection Sharing (Windows) or something similar, you have to open them in it. If you are using both router & ICS (like me) you have to open them on the router & ICS. http://portforward.com/ is a good resource

im not good with all this ports stuff
my console connects to my standard cable broadband modem
what ports do you recommend i open?

i have lots of problems what ports do i need to open can you please help me with this i know how to open the ports however not sure which ones to open.
because the ps3 and the xbox 360 open automatically

Last edited:
well im confused, you say i need to open ports
but when i play fifa 08 online, it runs smoothly, as well as ghost recon 2
pes 2008 is the only game i have problems with online
shame on you konami!

That's exactly what I've expected.
250 readers of this topic but only two have the balls to ask "How?".
Not even one saying: "I have opened the port, but the game still sucks!"

That's exactly what I've expected.
250 readers of this topic but only two have the balls to ask "How?".
Not even one saying: "I have opened the port, but the game still sucks!"

"I have opened the port from the first day playing online, but the game still sucks!"

too bad

I've configured my router's ports for this game and it's made no difference. Other games worked fine online before, and fine afterwards. PES online has been crap throughout

yow i got taltalk as provider and my modem called '' Smart AX MTT882''. So my question is : I opened the ports but it still dont works it says that 'i have to open the ports' or it says 'the server is busy'.

On Smartax router make sure that UPnP option is enabled, by finding this in this advanced column on your routers home page: http://192.168.1.1

I just checked this, with no other settings changed and it works fine, although a bit slow when testing the enviornment stage.

Thank you very much @DonLumoioni it works but i tried to register and its says error when i typed my regestration code why?

Which are the ports do I have to open?
I only have openen the UDP 5730 and I have a lot of lag, only one bar on the left of mi user name.
Thanks

I opened my wallet for PES2008 and regret it so I ain't opening anything else!!

Back
Top Bottom